PDA

View Full Version : Andy Roddick on Jay Leno on March 7.

gmlasam
02-27-2005, 06:31 AM
For those interested, AROD will be on Jay Leno on March 7.

Camilio Pascual
02-28-2005, 12:04 PM
Thanks, I'll check it out. Not a big Leno fan, but he did earn big points with me the night he cracked his, "I think he (OJ Simpson) suspects a golf caddy" joke.

andfor
02-28-2005, 02:32 PM
I find it grossly unfair that Roddick is on Leno. The ATP should step in a restrict all activities that give a player such an unfair advantage as an appearance on such a highly watched TV show.

Chadwixx
02-28-2005, 03:00 PM
please forgive my friend andfor, he has been under extreem mental duress as of late :)

West Coast Ace
02-28-2005, 03:14 PM
Actually away from the court, Roddick is quite pleasant and likeable. Only when he gets in a competition that the 12 year old brat comes out.

Oh, and Leno probably won't make him hit any backhands or return any serves! :-)

andfor
02-28-2005, 07:00 PM
please forgive my friend andfor, he has been under extreem mental duress as of late :)

Let's all congratulate Chad on his break though moment. As one the boards leading Roddick haters he took a moment to make a funny. :D

ShooterMcMarco
03-08-2005, 12:19 AM
did anyone watch it?

it was a funny appearance because robin williams was cracking jokes with andy. i thought it was interesting that andy pointed out that he is all about the serve. he said something like, "yeah, it's (the serve) the only stroke I don't have to practice that much...it makes up for all my other deficiencies." at least he realizes it. it was pretty cool for him to go on the show still despite his loss, leno pointed it out too.

Haka Boy
03-08-2005, 12:28 AM
"yeah, it's (the serve) the only stroke I don't have to practice that much...it makes up for all my other deficiencies."
Theres the proof that tennis pros read this message board

aj_m2009
03-08-2005, 12:32 AM
Yeah I watched it too. And if you ask me his serve could still use just a bit more work. He could stand to be able to place it just a ity bity bit better IMO. But still, his serve is really good. And IMO his serve doesn't make up for his deficiencies. Anymore anyway. And why on earth would he 'exchange' phone numbers with Paris Hilton? Why would anybody unless you're Nicole Richie?

ShooterMcMarco
03-08-2005, 12:41 AM
And why on earth would he 'exchange' phone numbers with Paris Hilton? Why would anybody unless you're Nicole Richie?

that's an easy one. he wanted to stick his aRod in her Hilton.

aj_m2009
03-08-2005, 12:44 AM
that's an easy one. he wanted to stick his aRod in her Hilton.

Didn't need to know that even though I asked.

Datacipher
03-08-2005, 12:48 AM
To me, it seems weird because usually when I've seen tennis players on the Tonight Show, it's right after a GS win. How do you intro him?

"tonight we have a special guest, he's one of America's best tennis players, this weekend he led the US team to a big loss in international Davis Cup competition.....ANDY RODDICK!!!!!!"

pound cat
03-08-2005, 02:51 AM
They could have brougnt along the other 3 plus the coach and used the same intro.

BreakPoint
03-08-2005, 11:28 AM
Maybe Jay Leno should have had Ljubicic on instead. I mean, he's the big Davis Cup hero this weekend, not Roddick.

splink779
03-08-2005, 02:45 PM
Oh yeah I'm sure Ljubicic would have raked in a lot of ratings if he was on Leno. :)

arosen
03-08-2005, 02:51 PM
All right, what's up with this "I hate Roddick so much I am even going to call his serve a poor shot?" attitude? He is a brat on court sometimes, but besides some notable exceptions who isnt? C'mon fellas, cut Andy some slack, he makes fun of himself on national TV, he is good to his fans, he admits his weakness publicly, give him some space, will ya? Geez. I am not even american and I am defending andy roddick.

iscottius
03-08-2005, 04:01 PM
Roddick's OK, and he knows his game needs work, I think that he is working on it very hard, he is not making significant progress outside his fitness. I wonder if he is truly working on his return of serve, and his volleys? If so why is his progress so slow? He may need to break down his game & rebuild---difficult to do when your a top 5 player but may be necessary for him to reach the next level.