PDA

View Full Version : After filling out potential athlete form...?

Master Flow
02-08-2009, 06:06 PM
Basic question, i know i've read this somewhere, but i cant find it so where it goes. After filling out the athlete form, where do i go from there? there is a place for a tennis schedule, but i havent got one from my coach yet so do i

a) send an e-mail, or write a letter (writing is better i know that)
b)call them
c) wait till i get the schedule to do the athlete form

this is a college that i am potentially looking to go to #2 in my choices. So, making an impression is what i want to do.
another quick question, it also asks if i have any videos i can send them ( i dont) so should i make some, or should i just say i dont have any? do they frown upon the people that dont have videos of themselves?
:)And thanks for the advice in advance :)

eeytennis
02-08-2009, 06:36 PM
Basic question, i know i've read this somewhere, but i cant find it so where it goes. After filling out the athlete form, where do i go from there? there is a place for a tennis schedule, but i havent got one from my coach yet so do i

a) send an e-mail, or write a letter (writing is better i know that)
b)call them
c) wait till i get the schedule to do the athlete form

this is a college that i am potentially looking to go to #2 in my choices. So, making an impression is what i want to do.
another quick question, it also asks if i have any videos i can send them ( i dont) so should i make some, or should i just say i dont have any? do they frown upon the people that dont have videos of themselves?
:)And thanks for the advice in advance :)

I would shoot the coach an e-mail, just saying that you filled out the recruiting form and you would like some more information (which they will probably send you anyway if you filled out the form) and also ask if they want a video...and the answer most coaches will give you is yes. Make a video, it's not too difficult and you can even pay people to do it for you...

tennismom42
02-08-2009, 09:40 PM
I would shoot the coach an e-mail, just saying that you filled out the recruiting form and you would like some more information (which they will probably send you anyway if you filled out the form) and also ask if they want a video...and the answer most coaches will give you is yes. Make a video, it's not too difficult and you can even pay people to do it for you...
It's Feb 9. Don't e-mail. Telephone!

Also, look at the thread that's titled "monitors..... sticky" It is a long senior paper, well-written, by kid attending Furman. It will describe the entire recruiting process. It's full of great tips!