PDA

View Full Version : Got 2 wins today

serveitup911
02-08-2009, 06:20 PM
7-0 against Presbyterian College
7-0 against UNC Asheville

I played #2 in both matches. Got off to a sloppy start in the first set of the first match, but played much better in second set of the first match and the entire second match.

Link to article about matches: http://furmanpaladins.cstv.com/sports/m-tennis/recaps/020809aaa.html

Slicendicer
02-08-2009, 06:33 PM
Congrats broham...

kctennis1005
02-08-2009, 07:01 PM

I played #2 in both matches. Got off to a sloppy start in the first set of the first match, but played much better in second set of the first match and the entire second match.

Link to article about matches: http://furmanpaladins.cstv.com/sports/m-tennis/recaps/020809aaa.html

congrats man...looks like furman will have a pretty good team this year and i know coach scarpa is bringing in lots of people next year....my future team, dartmouth, is playing ur team later in the season so it should be an interesting match...best of luck to u and the paladins

Fedace
02-08-2009, 07:02 PM
Who plays #1 for you guys ? Does he have lots of skins on his wall ?

autumn_leaf
02-08-2009, 07:04 PM
congrats on the win. and that's a kill for both schools.

serveitup911
02-08-2009, 07:16 PM
Who plays #1 for you guys ? Does he have lots of skins on his wall ?

Well, I don't want to name names in the internet, but it would be easy to figure out on our website.

I don't know what you mean by "skins on the wall". Maybe I'm just dumb...

serveitup911
02-08-2009, 07:19 PM
congrats man...looks like furman will have a pretty good team this year and i know coach scarpa is bringing in lots of people next year....my future team, dartmouth, is playing ur team later in the season so it should be an interesting match...best of luck to u and the paladins

Thanks man. Dartmouth is a great school! We are looking forward to that match. We are also playing Cornell, Princeton, and Yale this season. Haha, we basically play the Ivy schedule.

Best of luck to you at Dartmouth; it's coach Kinyon, right?

Fay
02-08-2009, 07:20 PM

Congrats !

Fedace
02-08-2009, 07:22 PM
Well, I don't want to name names in the internet, but it would be easy to figure out on our website.

I don't know what you mean by "skins on the wall". Maybe I'm just dumb...

i mean, does he have some big wins under his belt ?? Has he beaten any highly ranked player yet ? and good luck rest of the season. I will be pulling for you guys to make the NCAA tournament..

serveitup911
02-08-2009, 07:29 PM
i mean, does he have some big wins under his belt ?? Has he beaten any highly ranked player yet ? and good luck rest of the season. I will be pulling for you guys to make the NCAA tournament..

Oh, okay. Now I understand. He has been ranked as high as #45 in singles his sophomore year. He's a senior now. He certainly has not gotten any worse, so yeah, he is good. He is ranked #9 in doubles right now, which I believe is the highest ever ranking for a Furman duo.

Thanks for the well wishes. We would love to make a dent at the NCAAs this year. We won't be satisfied with just making the tournament.

kctennis1005
02-08-2009, 08:17 PM
Thanks man. Dartmouth is a great school! We are looking forward to that match. We are also playing Cornell, Princeton, and Yale this season. Haha, we basically play the Ivy schedule.

Best of luck to you at Dartmouth; it's coach Kinyon, right?

ya coach kinyon is the coach....hes a really good guy.

Bretto
02-09-2009, 01:50 PM
Well Done!!