PDA

View Full Version : Scottdale final spoilaaaa

raftermania
02-27-2005, 01:43 PM
The big serving Aussie southpaw comes through against Ancic in Scottsdale!

7-5, 6-3

His first title for his career! And he's been out there since 1990!! Must feel good.

pound cat
02-27-2005, 02:25 PM
Don't retire yet Wayne. You're the Australian Hope.

joeman957
02-27-2005, 02:30 PM
You forgot about LLEYTON HEWITT, COME ON!!!

raftermania
02-27-2005, 08:40 PM
I think pound cat intentionally disregarded poor lleyton

BreakPoint
02-27-2005, 11:31 PM
What is it about Scottsdale? The veteran Vince Spadea wins his first tour title ever at Scottsdale last year after being on the pro tour for, what, like 11 years? Now this year, the veteran Wayne Arthurs does the same thing? Wins his first singles title ever after 15 years? Must be something in that desert air.

AndrewD
02-27-2005, 11:50 PM
Good luck to him. I used to umpire with his sister Kerry in the early 90's and even the family thought had, at times, doubts that he'd ever quite 'make it' on the circuit. He might be a one trick poney but you've got to take you hat off to him for hanging in there. Definately did things the hard way with no Tennis Federation support, no personal coach etc but he's a great example of what happens if you hang in there and keep trying to improve.

equinox
02-28-2005, 06:04 AM
Good luck to him. I used to umpire with his sister Kerry in the early 90's and even the family thought had, at times, doubts that he'd ever quite 'make it' on the circuit. He might be a one trick poney but you've got to take you hat off to him for hanging in there. Definately did things the hard way with no Tennis Federation support, no personal coach etc but he's a great example of what happens if you hang in there and keep trying to improve.
Well done Wayne. With his new found confidence we'll win the Davis Cup tie easy.

AndrewD, wasn't wayne a little hot headed when younger, this may have set him back a few years.