PDA

View Full Version : How noisy is the Tennis Tutor?

RalphNYC
02-09-2009, 07:57 PM
I need to ask my local indoor club if I can use it there, but in general, is this ball machine too noisy to use at indoor clubs? Is there a quieter choice? I need to wheel it 5 blocks on foot, or take it on buses/subways to nearby parks - so the smaller the better. Thanks

dcjaybutchdc
02-09-2009, 08:01 PM
i guess it is different for every club, but every club around my area provide ball machines for people to use

RalphNYC
02-09-2009, 08:27 PM
Mine doesn't have a machine -- I think they prefer it when you the in-house pros ($150/hour rate!)

RalphNYC
02-09-2009, 08:28 PM
meant to say "when you hire the in-house pros"

raiden031
02-10-2009, 03:05 AM
They do make more than one machine.

Anyways I have the Tennis Tutor Pro Lite (battery powered) and it is very quiet.

fuzz nation
02-10-2009, 06:35 AM
I tried one (outdoors) last summer and noticed that it was rather quiet. I don't recall it being any louder than a racquet hitting a ball... if not more quiet. Other than the "gah-lunk" sound that it made when it sent a ball across the court, I could only hear it running when I stood right next to it.

The ones that are crazy loud are those older Lobster models that have a big horizontal air drum with the ball-feeding tube coming out of the front. They sound like an obnoxiously loud vacuum cleaner.

RalphNYC
02-10-2009, 08:32 AM
Well that's great news.. I think I'll grab one on **** (with the battery and remote) and take it to the club at an off-peak time and see how they react.