PDA

View Full Version : Poly plasma 18 vs. Promix 17

rios76
02-10-2009, 02:12 PM
Can somebody tell me the differences between these strings?

Kevo
02-10-2009, 05:34 PM
Those strings are not similar. One is a multi made with poly and the other is a mono made with poly. I found promix to be a poor substitute for a regular nylon multi myself, and I don't think I would recommend it.

diredesire
02-11-2009, 08:30 AM
I'm going to have to ditto Kevo, they're not very similar at all. I think if you run a search on both strings separately, you'll find a very good summary of both strings in a short time, no comparisons will be made, bc they're used for different purposes ;)

rios76
02-11-2009, 01:24 PM
which among these two strings it has the best recoil?

diredesire
02-11-2009, 03:21 PM
What exactly do you mean by "recoil"? Are you referring to a certain type of feel from a string? (this is a serious question)

If you want a firmer, crisper (but still comfortable) response, try the poly plasma. If you want a muted, "soft" feeling, go with the promix.

Can you describe what you mean by recoil? (Strictly speaking, in terms of string, the real recoil of the string takes place after a ball has left the string bed)

rios76
02-12-2009, 05:33 AM
What exactly do you mean by "recoil"? Are you referring to a certain type of feel from a string? (this is a serious question)

If you want a firmer, crisper (but still comfortable) response, try the poly plasma. If you want a muted, "soft" feeling, go with the promix.

Can you describe what you mean by recoil? (Strictly speaking, in terms of string, the real recoil of the string takes place after a ball has left the string bed)

Yes, for recoil I intend the speed of the string into return in position after the contact with the ball.