PDA

View Full Version : getting rid of the ink

rubberbandman
02-10-2009, 06:19 PM
ok i have a little problem here i got my my racket restrung and i asked for them to stencil it because it is very odd to not have the logo on it, well i watched them do it and they Effed up every thing and the logo is way to low (yonex logo) and the circles and the triangles became one because the ink leaked, so now i need a way to get all the ink off with out ruining my string,

i have prince top spin string and the ink used was the red yonex bottle,

PLz help me....

robJAR
02-10-2009, 07:18 PM
Just play it out, or if you're really worried that people will laugh for hours because your stencil looks bad just stencil the whole string bed. It's going to fade sooner or later. Who knows, it might even look cool.

-robJAR

Storm_Kyori
02-10-2009, 07:32 PM
True, I actually like the opposite, no logo. I have a Babolat and those 2 stripes at the bottom aren't really that appealing and they are already recognizable anyway by the paint job. After the got the logo 2x, I said no more paint, as robJ AR said, it starts to wear off pretty fast. Just tell then next time to be careful with it and tell you friend to tell them that when they get their frames done.

dancraig
02-10-2009, 08:01 PM
Even if you wiped it down with alcohol, you would still have ink in the nooks and crannies where the strings cross.

rubberbandman
02-11-2009, 02:20 PM
i tryed some hand sanitizer stuff because its like 99% alcohol but it did nothing

diredesire
02-11-2009, 03:39 PM
hand sanitizer is NOT 99% alcohol, the actual content is pretty mild. If you really want to get it out you can try high purity (91%+) isopropyl alcohol (same stuff in hand sanitizer). It's less (potentially) damaging than acetone (nail polish remover), but it may dry certain strings out. For most synthetic strings, though, I wouldn't really worry about it (to be absolutely honest). I would be surprised if there wasn't a slight acetone or alcohol content in certain stencil inks.