PDA

View Full Version : LOL, so that's what I was doing wrong

Nanshiki
02-10-2009, 08:53 PM
It's great when you have a *DUH* moment and suddenly you start playing 80% better.

Today I remembered to finish my take back long before the ball gets to me, and I could hit like I feel like I should... (which is to say much better)

What's hilarious about this is that I told someone to do this the other day, because they weren't finishing their take back until literally nanoseconds before the ball was in striking position.

I guess its a good idea to take your own good advice once in a while.

user92626
02-10-2009, 11:04 PM
Hmm try as I may I have to stay with my own "natural" rhythm. I see the ball bounces up, takeback fast and hit instantly, no pausing or slowing down anywhere. However, I can have a relaxed, seemingly non-rushing takeback and swing but it's only achievable in a warm-up rally.

My point here is it's very hard to start a stroke early for me. However, early footwork is always desirable.

Djokovicfan4life
02-11-2009, 01:30 AM
As User said, it is important to have a natural rhythm, but it also should not be one that is too late either. You should develop a rhythm that has the racquet back by the time the ball bounces, more or less.

This applies to footwork as well, FYI. Getting in position early is key to winning tennis.

Matt