PDA

View Full Version : Reel suggestions

TimmyG
02-11-2009, 12:32 PM
I'm gettin ready to start a tennis program in an area where I'd be the only teaching pro around and I want to have stringing available to my players.. I want to have a reel of syn gut, poly, and a multi.. Right now I'm thinking psgd or gosen for the syn gut, prince tour for the poly(cause that's what I use) and sensation for the multi..
If you guys have any suggestions on other strings that are better around the same price or cheaper, your input would be appreciated.

Thanks
Tim

Valjean
02-11-2009, 12:48 PM
Sensation is a pretty dated string now, having arrived on the tennis scene in 1994; compared to most multis today it's not very comfortable and it's not very durable too.

If you're looking for value in a multi, I'd recommend Babolat's Addiction and/or its Attraction/Attraction Power. They'd both be somewhat more (roughly $140 to $99 for Sensation), but I think your clientele would be a lot happier unless you expect them not to notice. You can get Tecnifibre's Multifeel too for around $120 (though it still has a center core).

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/descpageACBAB-BADD16R.html

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/descpageACBAB-ATTPR17.html

davidahenry
02-11-2009, 02:01 PM
Sensation is a pretty dated string now, having arrived on the tennis scene in 1994; compared to most multis today it's not very comfortable and it's not very durable too.

If you're looking for value in a multi, I'd recommend Babolat's Addiction and/or its Attraction/Attraction Power. They'd both be somewhat more (roughly $140 to $99 for Sensation), but I think your clientele would be a lot happier unless you expect them not to notice.

I completely agree with Valjean... Stay away from NXT. There are so many better mutlis out there.

DH

hoodjem
02-11-2009, 02:38 PM
Prince Tour 17 Silver String Reel
Price: $114.99
17 gauge / 1.24mm
660 feet / 200m
Construction: Extruded monofilament.
Color: Grey.

Topspin Cyber Flash 17 String Reel
Price: $67.90
Gauge: 17 / 1.25mm
Length: 722 feet / 220m
Construction: Co-polyester monofilament
Color: Grey

CF has a much better reputation on these boards, and is almost half the price for 20 meters more. You'll be glad you did.

TimmyG
02-11-2009, 08:59 PM
thanks for the help guys, im definitely going to give cyberflash a try. any more suggestions on multis? maybe something slightly less expensive.. any input is appreciated.
thanks
tim

Il Mostro
02-11-2009, 09:07 PM
Mini-reels of KGut may be an option. Fills a niche at the right price ($34.95).

lawlitssoo1n
02-11-2009, 09:09 PM
maxim touch. its about 90 bucks the last time i checked on thE BAY.