PDA

View Full Version : More Frustrations with Laserfibre

joletzring
02-12-2009, 05:33 PM
I must be a glutton for punishment.

Even though I am well aware of how difficult it is becoming to reliably order string from Laserfibre, I keep trying. I called several times this week and either received no answer or was told that I would get a call back. I never got a call back. I received an email response saying that someone would call me back. Again, no one did.

I just don't get it--why do I have to beat down their doors to give them my money? The only thing I can figure is that they don't in fact have the string on hand that I am requesting and they are simply avoiding my phone calls as a result. If I didn't like their string so much, I would have given up long ago. I just needed to vent...I hope someone from Laserfibre monitors these boards. They need to fix these problems ASAP.

Il Mostro
02-12-2009, 09:38 PM
Man, I just don't get it...

Whether I call early in the morning or late afternoon (today in the PM, in fact) someone always answers. I usually speak to Ted, but Tim answered today. I placed an online order for Pro Stock string and several grips late last night and called to check on stock and shipping status. It had already been shipped and they threw in a free hat, to boot. For all my LF bashing regarding the Quantum, I have had nothing but first rate service in all of my three transactions with them since November. *Place your order online.* BTW, your theory about not having the string on hand simply doesn't float. 5 sets of Pro Stock 17g shipped today. Previous orders included Pro Stock and Phenom. Only the Phenom 18g was out of stock due to a production problem.

No problems whatsoever on my end.

joletzring
02-13-2009, 06:31 AM
I am glad you are having better luck than I am getting their attention. Maybe you are right--ordering online is the way to go. My hesitation in going that route is that I don't want to place an order for anything that is not in stock and ready to ship. I don't want to have stuff on backorder and have to keep track of what strings I receive and which ones I am waiting on. In particular, I don't want to get charged for items I have not received.

I will say: those pro stock grips sure are nice!

Keifers
02-13-2009, 09:45 AM
Guys, I tried Pro Stock 17 for the first time recently -- amazing! The most gut-like synthetic I've ever used.

Can you give me a comparison of Pro Stock and Phenom?

And what is it about the Pro Stock grips you like? And have you tried the LF overgrips?

Many thanks.

texag01
02-13-2009, 12:36 PM
That really sux that you are having a bad experience. I also have had nothing but great service since ordering my Quantum late last year. I just ordered 2 sets of ProStock a few weeks ago and received them 3 days later. They are also very responsive through email is what I have found. Good Luck.

bruce nissenbaum
02-13-2009, 05:27 PM
Seems like we've got 2 different companies operating here! After more than 3 weeks of seeing my online order 'processing' and not having received it and, without any response to my phone calls or emails, I canceled my order via email. It took almost a week until the order 'disappeared' from online and I never received a confirmation of the cancelation. After all the good years dealing with Tim with my MS200TT and purchasing string, I am very disappointed by what has been happening for at least the past 6 months. Perhaps things will change and I will again be able to get Supreme 17, either from them or from TW in the not too distant future.

Il Mostro
02-13-2009, 07:08 PM
Guys, I tried Pro Stock 17 for the first time recently -- amazing! The most gut-like synthetic I've ever used.

Can you give me a comparison of Pro Stock and Phenom?

And what is it about the Pro Stock grips you like? And have you tried the LF overgrips?

Many thanks.

What racquet did you put it on, and at what tension? I agree, this is pretty terrific stuff.

Keifers
02-13-2009, 07:26 PM
^^^ AG100 @ 55 lbs, which is my reference tension for multis in this racquet.

Il Mostro
02-14-2009, 05:28 AM
^^^ AG100 @ 55 lbs, which is my reference tension for multis in this racquet.

Did it seem over-powered at your reference tension? Just curious, since I have been treating Pro Stock the same as VS Team, bumping it 3 to 4 pounds compared to my standby multi, Excel Power. I might give a try without bumping the tension next time.

Keifers
02-14-2009, 09:41 AM
Did it seem over-powered at your reference tension? Just curious, since I have been treating Pro Stock the same as VS Team, bumping it 3 to 4 pounds compared to my standby multi, Excel Power. I might give a try without bumping the tension next time.
No, it seemed comparable to other multis (e.g., TNT2 Pro Plus 17L) at the same tension. (I haven't tried Excel Power.)

There's more on this string here:

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=230515

Il Mostro
02-14-2009, 10:10 AM
^^^^^

Thanks for your feedback. I think I will go to same range that I use for Xcel Power next go around just to see what it feels like. This is really is remarkable string. Tension retention is consistent with LF's claims (same with the Phenom).

Keifers
02-14-2009, 10:56 AM
Never tried Phenom... can you give me a comparison with Pro Stock? Thanks.

Bud
02-14-2009, 01:22 PM
Perhaps, Laserfibre and Eagnas should merge :razz:

Il Mostro
02-14-2009, 01:44 PM
Never tried Phenom... can you give me a comparison with Pro Stock? Thanks.

It is softer. Not a softer version of Pro Stock, but a different feeling string. It is currently in my wife's racquets and we both found it most similar to Excel -- the softness of Premium and similar pop as Power, but with superior tension maintenance. Pro Stock, on the other hand really does feel like natural gut, even after playing for a while. Long term durability? I am not sure since Pro Stock is in my back-up right now, but I am loving it.