PDA

View Full Version : Prince Syn Gut Duraflex V.S. Prince Original Syn Gut

rxblitzrx
02-12-2009, 10:39 PM
Can anyone explain the difference between these two? What does the Duraflex add?

spt
02-13-2009, 03:04 AM
To me - original plays softer and feels a little more crisp. Duraflex is harsher. The gold color of original plays best as well because it hasn't been treated.

origmarm
02-13-2009, 03:36 AM
Duraflex as the name would imply adds some (limited!) durability and some stiffness to the string. I would say that for me PSGO goes about 8-10hrs whereas PSGD goes about 10-12 in the same gauge. PSGD is stiff for a syn gut, I believe if you look it up it's halfway between an average syn gut and a softer poly in stiffness per the table that Hoodjem gave me a link to at one point.

Keifers
02-13-2009, 08:40 AM
To me - original plays softer and feels a little more crisp. Duraflex is harsher. The gold color of original plays best as well because it hasn't been treated.
Yeah, I also like the gold POSG best. The white, for instance, feels slightly stiffer and less responsive.

If you're not a big string breaker, go for POSG.

goosala
02-14-2009, 08:01 AM
PSGD- stiffer feel but better directional control
PSDO- softer feel and plays livelier

NovakWannabe
02-14-2009, 08:08 AM
What about Prince Synthetic Gut Multifilament?

drummerdan
02-14-2009, 01:07 PM

Yes. Yes and Yes. This is exactly my experiences and I have played with PSGO for many, many years.

rich s
02-14-2009, 04:45 PM
Can anyone explain the difference between these two? What does the Duraflex add?

Duraflex is supposed to add durability to the string.

I don't know that PSGD is any more durable than PSGO, but it does play stiffer IMO.

Mansewerz
02-14-2009, 05:42 PM
How soft is the psgo and how is tension maintenance?

Winners or Errors
02-14-2009, 05:46 PM
How soft is the psgo and how is tension maintenance?

It's not soft, and you don't have to worry about tension maintenance, because if you play with any spin at all, you will break it in less than 10 hours of court time. ;-)

I have been experimenting with all sorts of strings, hate the feel of PSGD, and will likely end up back with PSGO. I figure, I have to restring poly every 10 hours anyway, so what does it matter if it breaks or I have to cut it out.

akoni
02-14-2009, 06:09 PM
is there a difference between the colors for PGSD?

rxblitzrx
02-14-2009, 08:10 PM
It's not soft, and you don't have to worry about tension maintenance, because if you play with any spin at all, you will break it in less than 10 hours of court time. ;-)

I have been experimenting with all sorts of strings, hate the feel of PSGD, and will likely end up back with PSGO. I figure, I have to restring poly every 10 hours anyway, so what does it matter if it breaks or I have to cut it out.

That's always a good point. At 5 bucks a pop, Syn Gut is hard to beat. I'm going to try a Xone Biphase 17/Babolat Pro Hurricane 17 hybrid and see how that compares. If it's not that much different from how well Syn Gut plays in its first 7 hours then I'm just going to stick with the cheap stuff and switch it out every 5 hours of play.

lawlitssoo1n
02-14-2009, 08:24 PM

OH no wonder gosen micro natural plays a lot better