PDA

View Full Version : Congrats to Wayne Arthur

christo
02-28-2005, 07:59 AM
At 33 yrs of age, Arthurs has finally won an ATP title. Well done Wayne. And he thrashed one of the rising youngsters to win it. Ancic said he could do nothing against the serve . What I love about WA is he also plays dubs at every tourney, won this final, had a little rest and played the dubs final, shades of Johnnie Mac!
Says he continues to play because HE LOVES THE SPORT! Music to my ears. Are you listening NBA players? Now he flies home to Oz to play Davis Cup this weekend, then back to Cali to play Indian Wells next weekend! That's studly.
Wayne, make sure those cheap buggers in Oz give you a 1st class seat, you have truly earned it!

bigserving
02-28-2005, 08:41 AM
What a difference a week can make. The guy tanked out of the qualies at San Jose then wins and event a couple of weeks later.

BTW, on court the guy is kinds disgusting. He swears with the best of them and like to spit on the court while he is playing.

Pushmaster
02-28-2005, 09:24 AM
Which tournament was it?

Pushmaster
02-28-2005, 09:28 AM
Never mind, I just found out. Congrats Wayne!!

christo
02-28-2005, 10:05 PM
What a difference a week can make. The guy tanked out of the qualies at San Jose then wins and event a couple of weeks later.

BTW, on court the guy is kinds disgusting. He swears with the best of them and like to spit on the court while he is playing.
You mean like Andre Agassi, who once actually spat on Wayne McEwen at the US Open and almost got defaulted.

Datacipher
02-28-2005, 10:22 PM
You mean like Andre Agassi, who once actually spat on Wayne McEwen at the US Open and almost got defaulted.

He WOULD have gotten defaulted had he not lied about it to Ken Farrar at the time. Farrar gave him the benefit of the doubt on court, actually had Mcewan rescind the point penalty(terrible, made umpire look bad) and was said to be furious when he later looked at the tape, realized Agassi had lied and that by all rights he should have been defaulted. At least Agassi left this behavior behind long ago.

And yes, good for Arthurs!

yvp
02-28-2005, 10:27 PM
Why the reference to NBA players?
Anyway,well done Arthurs,nice for a volleyer to win something.

Max G.
02-28-2005, 11:24 PM
Why the reference to NBA players?
Anyway,well done Arthurs,nice for a volleyer to win something.

Well, he's more of a "server" than a "volleyer" ;)

(Yes, I know he can volley too. One doesn't get to the Masters Cup Doubles with just a serve)

morten
03-01-2005, 01:02 AM
i Agree Max