PDA

View Full Version : I just can't find THE good string!

dieumyr
02-13-2009, 08:41 AM
Hi folks,

I'm playing with T-fight 295 VO2 max, but can't find my good string, I'm a rather big hitter, with decent spin but love to strike a flat winner, 1hbh and many volleys to play. I'm searching for a good string (multi I think) with touch, feel, power, spin and durability), and the most important is: the cheaper the better !

jim e
02-13-2009, 09:11 AM
Hi folks,

I'm playing with T-fight 295 VO2 max, but can't find my good string, I'm a rather big hitter, with decent spin but love to strike a flat winner, 1hbh and many volleys to play. I'm searching for a good string (multi I think) with touch, feel, power, spin and durability), and the most important is: the cheaper the better !

If it wasn't for your last comment about cheap,I would say nat.gut,as the feel, power, and comfort is like no other.Everyone should try it at least once.You can go with a high grade multi, like Kgut, or similar, as a minireel of K Gut is reasonably priced on TW.The power is not the same as real gut though, as no other string compares to it.Maxim touch 17g. is a cheaper alternative if you are $ concerned, but I found out with customers,that the 17g.maxim touch does not last very long as some other multis, but is more economical/set.If you go with that brand, I would consider to go with a 16g.
All the features you want would be difficult to obain,(especially being cheap,and durable), as there is a trade off with each feature.

rasajadad
02-13-2009, 09:24 AM
When you find this combination, let us all know. A lot of us have been looking for that for decades.

saram
02-13-2009, 09:39 AM
I like SPPP and X-1. I am trying to give my shoulder a rest though, and am now hitting with just X-1 17g in there and love it.

Petekbladetour1
02-13-2009, 10:29 AM
Hi folks,

try Big banger rough for spin power control and durability, and bab vs for touch and control

ag200boy
02-13-2009, 11:55 AM
try Big banger rough for spin power control and durability, and bab vs for touch and control

so you're saying that BBR has more power then VS?

Baboman
02-13-2009, 12:06 PM
Would you put the bangers in the crosses ?

vincent_tennis
02-13-2009, 08:39 PM
for playability :p

kashgotmoney
02-13-2009, 08:41 PM
just try nrg2 or x one biphase

saram
02-13-2009, 09:25 PM
so you're saying that BBR has more power then VS?

Good point!