PDA

View Full Version : Elbow pain during tennis.

DarthCow
02-13-2009, 06:12 PM
Yesterday and today i have been playing a bit of tennis. Competition today, practice yesterday.

Although it all started about half way through my practice session yesterday, when the inside of my elbow began to ache, preventing me from swinging freely.

I decided to keep playing for 10 minutes or so, but i then stopped, because the pain was to overpowering. After another 15 minutes of resting, i went out and kept playing. It was fine for the rest of the night.
Today, in the first couple of hits i felt the full on pain again.

I was wondering what could have caused this, and what can be done to help it/prevent it.
I was think that it could be either:

My strings( Big Ace 16) which i have not restrung as soon as i usually do. They have gone dead now.
Or since i have playing quite a lot lately.

Also added, i wore an elbow brace to try and see if it worked, but it did not do much.
Any thoughts?

oneguy21
02-13-2009, 06:16 PM
icy hot patch or get your racquet restrung.

LeeD
02-13-2009, 06:22 PM
Grip each side, how hard you swing, your size, what racket, # of lbs of your strings, does it hurt on one stroke mostly, or just all strokes....
Most tennis elbow are outside of elbow. Yours isn't. So we need the above answered. +, how many hours in the last 4 months have you been playing.....

user92626
02-13-2009, 06:32 PM
We, the self appointed Internet Doctors with specialization in tennis, prescribe that you get more rest, quit tennis for a while and come back when healed with better equipment and technique. :)

BullDogTennis
02-13-2009, 09:42 PM
sounds like you got a bit of the ole famous tennis elbow! take it easy. ice 15 minutes, take it off 15 minutes. repeat 3 times. take some tylenol or advil. you should be good in no time!

fuzz nation
02-15-2009, 09:02 AM
sounds like you got a bit of the ole famous tennis elbow! take it easy. ice 15 minutes, take it off 15 minutes. repeat 3 times. take some tylenol or advil. you should be good in no time!

As far as I know, Tylenol is more of a pain blocker than an anti-inflammatory like asprin or ibuprofen (Advil). It might make you feel less discomfort in the short term, but only mask to problem in your elbow.