PDA

View Full Version : Old Prestige Tour 660 vs New Classic Tour 660

goldenyama
02-13-2009, 06:25 PM
I posted this in the Racquets section but I thought I would post it here too:)

I have decided to buy a PC660...now I need to choose between an original made in Austria Prestige Tour MP with suspension grip or the remade Classic Tour MP.

I want to get the original, but I am worried about the frame warping or becoming "dead"

Does anybody have long term experience with the original? I am not a string breaker so I would be re-stringing once every 3 months or so. How long do you think 1 of these would last me before it warps or otherwise deteriorates?

As for the new Classic Tour, I am worried that it won't be as sweet or flexy as the original. Has anybody who has played with both racquets give me a comparison?

Any info or recommendations would be appreciated, thanks!

Ronaldo
02-13-2009, 06:37 PM
Have the original. The hoop is really flexible and IMHO, makes it difficult to keep a taut stringbed. Strings felt dead ater 10-12hrs, about 2 weeks. Whenever hitting with guys with extreme topspin, felt like it was pushed around. Had a NOS Classic but never used it, curious what a new Tour feels like.

OnyxZ28
02-13-2009, 07:50 PM
Have you given a thought to CAP'ing it?

Ronaldo
02-13-2009, 07:54 PM
Have you given a thought to CAP'ing it?

102" cap? forgetaboutit

OnyxZ28
02-13-2009, 07:56 PM
The FP Prestige Team CAPS will fit, but the throat grommets will be a little short. If you can get your hands on MG Prestige Team CAPS, those should fit too:

http://www.head.com/tennis/racquets.php?region=eu&tag=team&id=1508

goldenyama
02-13-2009, 11:29 PM
Hmmm I like really flexy racquets because I have arm problems. Does a flexy hoop really mean that the strings feel dead quicker!?

Wow capping it would be cool...would I have to buy a Prestige Team to get the caps or can they be ordered seperately? Are they easy to install? I guess I could just leave the original throat grommets in.

If I buy a set of FXP Prestige Team grommets from TW are they caps, or just the grommet strip? I don't know much about Prestiges!