PDA

View Full Version : Picked up a Copper Ace and Copper Ace 90 today

sargeinaz
02-14-2009, 02:40 PM
So today I was at Play it Again Sports and found me a Copper Ace for $14 (dark matte paint, a thin copper line going around the frame, 60% fiberglass, 40% graphite) and a Copper Ace 90 for $11 (shiny paint, teal coloured, a more rounded head than the Copper Ace). I read a bunch of great things about the copper ace, does anyone have any info on the Copper Ace 90? Thanks in advance.

plasma
02-14-2009, 03:36 PM
excellent nab, post some pics pls...no one makes 85's anymore...what a shame...

eteaGuy
02-14-2009, 06:58 PM
That's a heck of a deal you got there for a classic stick. I have one of those teal Copper 90's and it's a newer version with a different pj than the original Copper Ace. It's got a really thin beam about 17-18 mm and feels great to hold in your hands. I played with it for quite a while and found it to be really easy to handle with good flex. Its weight make it stable for baseline groundstrokes and headlight allowing to be manuverable enough around the net. For serves, I found that you have to bring the head of the racquet around a bit sooner than other racquets for full contact.

If you like this stick you'll also like the Silver Ace 90 too if you ever get a chance land another great deal.

VGP
02-14-2009, 08:27 PM
I've got a couple of PK Copper Ace 90s. I got one for $9, the other for $1.

I strung one up as practice when I got back into stringing, the other I recently picked up and haven't gotten around to yet. My only concern is trying to string it up on my Tenex/Gamma 4000. My mounting points are a little worn, and I'm worried the rounded profile might move some.

I suppose I could use my Alpha Pioneer III like I did for the first racket. I've just gotten accustomed to the speed of my crank.