PDA

View Full Version : OMG!WHAT DO I DO? PRINCE 03 Hybrid Tour question!!!!!!

zacinnc78
02-14-2009, 04:09 PM
ok ive got the mains in no probs now im tensioning the first cross where the big speedports start on the sides and im using a klippermate.....i can see i have to use the same hole 2x per side but when i pull tension it brings the strings close together to where i cant clamp them....help!!!

RestockingTues
02-14-2009, 04:25 PM
Serves you right for playing with a Prince :lol::lol::lol:

zacinnc78
02-14-2009, 04:26 PM
thanks for the help :( seriously i need help

tennisdarren
02-14-2009, 04:37 PM
If you have your locking pin, use that to lock your turntable in place while you tension your crosses. If you don't have it or it dosen't stop at the correct angle, hold the grip of your frame, to correct the angle of your pull, while you lower your dropweight. You may have to get someone to help you since you are working with floating clamps.

mdjenders
02-14-2009, 04:37 PM
The racquet is swivelling around because there is nothing to hold the string onto the side of the O Port.

If your machine is sturdy enough on the table not to move (use rubber feet or pieces of tacky grip), you can stop the handle of your racquet from moving with your hip. It makes it awkward to reach the tensioner, but it can be done. If you have a friend around, have them hold the racquet handle from moving while you tension and clamp. That's easier!

Another option is to place a sharpie marker vertically just inside the frame. It helps keep the strings separate. Just hold the Sharpie between the cross strings, holding it firmly up against the inside of the frame. You then need to tension and clamp with the other hand. Basically, stringing O Port racquets is a PITA without a brake on the machine.

zacinnc78
02-14-2009, 05:10 PM
thanks guys i figured it out ...the break pin by itself is not good enough for the upper holes because its still at such an angle that the string wants to roll out of the pulley on the gripper

so i had my brother hold it +i used one of my hands to drop the weight and the other hand to hold a floating clamp in position(without clamping down of course,just to keep the strings spread out) once i got toward the middle holes it was easier and the lower couple werent much of a problem

thanks guys hope this thread helps somebody else in the future...

BabolatPureStorm
02-14-2009, 05:19 PM
Moral of the story? Don't use prince racquets.

I wish Monfils didn't.

zacinnc78
02-14-2009, 05:22 PM
grommets FTW lol ...good thing its not my racket ,other then that it was a good raccquet to string seriously

The_Question
02-14-2009, 11:14 PM
Wait a minute...do you have the O3 Hybird or O3 Speedport??

You can use the boomerang tool to offset this issue...

kashgotmoney
02-15-2009, 01:51 PM
prince rocks, great choice. some people say putting a sharpie in the whole do the job also but it doesnt work for me since i have the ozone tour and its a small beam

zapvor
02-15-2009, 05:58 PM
i and others have replied to this issue before already. if you dont have a brake use a boomerang or cut an eraser into a boomerang. or your brother works too:)

hellojeffo
02-15-2009, 07:05 PM
Go youtube and search up Yulitle or almerickso... they both have videos on how to string up Prince's with those ridiculous HOLES

iplaybetter
02-16-2009, 12:51 PM
i dont see the issue with prince rackets, infact i find i string them faster

and a boomerange is the best solution, find a tour one and it should work with any of the rackets satisfactory at worst

julian
02-17-2009, 06:56 PM
i dont see the issue with prince rackets, infact i find i string them faster

and a boomerange is the best solution, find a tour one and it should work with any of the rackets satisfactory at worst

A shop which strings rackets for me had problems
stringing Speedport Pro White with a 17 gauge gut ( Babolat VS TEAM).
The gut string broke.
Any similar experience?
Please note the word Pro above ( Pro white is done differently than White)

iplaybetter
02-18-2009, 04:35 AM
A shop which strings rackets for me had problems
stringing Speedport Pro White with a 17 gauge gut ( Babolat VS TEAM).
The gut string broke.
Any similar experience?
Please note the word Pro above ( Pro white is done differently than White)

i see less of an issue on the pro white, the normal one has a very sharp angle to finish the last cross

i would perhaps try a multi in the crosses if they cannot get the gut to work

Irvin
02-18-2009, 10:23 AM
String the racket with a 2 piece 50/50 method. This will keep the strings separated without the need for holding the racket or using a boomerang tool which Prince no longer has.

Irvin