PDA

View Full Version : Tennisrecruiting...net question

roddick_rulz
02-14-2009, 06:19 PM
I'm interested in knowing how to get on the site.
I know great players that are on the site and some that aren't.
I would be glad if I were on there but I'm not.
I'm just curious how they determine who "makes the cut"

oneguy21
02-14-2009, 06:32 PM
if you played tournaments you're on there

tennismom42
02-14-2009, 10:33 PM
I'm interested in knowing how to get on the site.
I know great players that are on the site and some that aren't.
I would be glad if I were on there but I'm not.
I'm just curious how they determine who "makes the cut"
they select high-entry tournaments, typically National Levels 1-5.

There is some randomness to it. See if you can find some posts by DallasOliver. Click on them. He works there and oftern posts here about their operations.

10isDad
02-15-2009, 04:30 AM
they select high-entry tournaments, typically National Levels 1-5.

There is some randomness to it. See if you can find some posts by DallasOliver. Click on them. He works there and oftern posts here about their operations.

Read the FAQ. *Note for Dallas: copied/pasted directly from the site, so the spelling error on the word "currently" (highlighted) is actually present.

"Why am I not showing up on the TennisRecruiting.net rank lists?

To be eligible for a ranking, a player must compete in at least three tournaments during the previous twelve months and win at least four matches over ranked players."

"Which tournaments will be used in the TennisRecruiting.net ranking calculations?

Tournaments that count are in 5 groups:

1. ITF grade A,1,2,3 plus any ITF tournament played in the USA.
2. USTA National Schedule tournaments.
3. Sectional tournaments that are designated to count for USTA National rankings (12 per section).
4. Historically strong tournaments where in the previous year over 60% of the players are National Players. We currenty do not have a published list of these, but this is on our list of future additions to the site.
5. Dynamically determined events in tournaments where at least 30% of the players in the event are National Players, minimum two. For boys' and girls' 12 and under events the percentage requirement is relaxed to 20% since group 2 tournaments in this age division have smaller draws.

We term a "National Player" as any player that has played in at least one of our group 2 or group 3 events in the 12 months preceding the tournament in question.

You can determine ahead of time if a tournament is in group 1-4, but group 5 tournaments, which are the bulk of them, are determined after the tournaments are played. "

oneguy21
02-20-2009, 06:17 PM
i've seen players who lost 2 l5 matches and is on the site.

ClarkC
02-23-2009, 05:28 PM
i've seen players who lost 2 l5 matches and is on the site.

Provide links to them so we can see.