PDA

View Full Version : iPrestige MP stringing instructions?

amx13
02-14-2009, 07:38 PM
Hi guys, I just got a made in austria iPrestige MP frame, it came strung with a 2 piece job, but Im guessing the ties were done in the wrong holes. Ties are located at 7 T and 6 H, (wich seems about right) but the other 2 are located at 14 and 15 H. Does anybody knows what are the right stringing instructions for this frame?

I forgot o add, its the standard lenght, midplus version of the iPrestige

zapvor
02-15-2009, 03:04 PM
are you sure it's 14 and 15H ? because usually the H holes only go up to like 10 or 11...i think for iPrestige only 9H since its 18by20 pattern.

jim e
02-15-2009, 03:21 PM
Hi guys, I just got a made in austria iPrestige MP frame, it came strung with a 2 piece job, but Im guessing the ties were done in the wrong holes. Ties are located at 7 T and 6 H, (wich seems about right) but the other 2 are located at 14 and 15 H. Does anybody knows what are the right stringing instructions for this frame?

I forgot o add, its the standard lenght, midplus version of the iPrestige

According to the USRSA digest, the tie offs for the iprsetige MP are:
Mains:tie off 7T
Cross:tie off 6H,12T
The remainder of instructions are:
lenght needed :21',x17'
tension:50-62
pattern:18x20
Start M's: H
Main skips:9T &8H,10H
Start X:8H
Last X: 9T
Hope this helps!

zapvor
02-15-2009, 07:01 PM
thanks jim-i was too lazy to dig up the digest myself haha

amx13
02-15-2009, 07:41 PM
Thanks a lot for the info guys!. What I mean about the 14 and 15th hole, is that, starting from the center of the raquets (head), the ties are located at the 14th and 15th grommet, where the 5th and 6th cross string are. Here´s a pic so you can see what Im talking about:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v737/amx13/15-02-2009052-1.jpg

I wonder if the wrong location of the ties can, in any way, damage the frame in the long run. I would hate to cut the string job, since its almost new and it has full luxilon alu rough (wich I like a lot), but if theres any risk of damaging the frame I will cut it out right away, what do you guys think?

Nellie
02-15-2009, 07:53 PM
I don't know how you could have done that stringing without some ridiculas stringing pattern. I would not cut at this point, because everything is tied up, but I will say that mistakes seem to have been made during the string. It looks to me, like your string went neck up or something wierd. At that time, your racquet would have been placed under a lot of stress. Again, now that it is tied up, everything seems fine. But I would hesitate to bring the racquet to same stringer.

FYI, according to the instructions, you should have three ties at the bottom, two around the end points for the yellow graphics for the intelifibre and one at the end of the D for the Dead.

zapvor
02-15-2009, 08:03 PM
yea...there is no such thing as 14 and 15H. those tie offs are at crosses that are way far down the frame. whoever did that string job didn't follow directions.