PDA

View Full Version : Rackets for beginning high school players

average_guy
02-14-2009, 08:41 PM
I'm looking for rackets for boys who are new to tennis but are joining our high school tennis team this spring. Some of them can't afford to buy a "real" racket. If you have some decent quality oversized rackets you'd be willing to give away or sell cheaply, please contact me. Thanks!

average_guy
02-15-2009, 11:09 AM
ttt
any offers anyone?

maratsafin5
02-16-2009, 05:14 PM
I can sell an oversized Liquidmetal Radical for $50 ..... please email me at snmvp13@yahoo.com

cyberwing88
02-16-2009, 11:23 PM
I have many racquets for $50 or less. My contact email is cyberwing88 at yahoo dot com.

srvnvoley
02-17-2009, 08:55 AM
Average,
I was in the same boat you are in. It was easier last year when i had only ten players but now I have over fourty. Talk to your local usta rep theay have a tone of programs for free equipment and grants. Also see if you can post some flyers at local clubs with drop boxes. Both of these worked great for me. Good luck and I hope this helps.

Storm_Kyori
02-17-2009, 11:34 AM
I have 2 Head Liquidmetal Prestige Teams. Midplus 102 sq inches
email: dark_kyo01@hotmail. com

khw72004
02-17-2009, 12:34 PM
I have many rackets for sale 50 or less contact me at khw72004@ yahoo

plasma
02-17-2009, 03:25 PM
please don't pay for anything, I have excellent racquets to donate, danielrauch72@yahoo.com, if its legit I'll even cover shipping...let's try to do something good for these kids future!

this forum should have a donation sub-section, for kids programs that need racquets. More people should help to promote this great sport out of the goodness of their heart.

srvnvoley
02-18-2009, 08:04 PM
Thank you Plasma,
I coach a school with no tennis history at all. MY first season (last year) I had one player come to tryouts. This season we have over fourty most of which are begginers but having the numbers is great. Out of all of my players only eight own there own raquets. Peopl like you that are willing to donate is what keeps my program running. So a thank you from all the schools where tennis is an afterthought.

ced
02-27-2009, 09:21 AM
You have email

Steve Huff
03-01-2009, 10:10 AM
It can be a good cause. I did this for one of the HS teams here a couple of years ago. Sometimes it's tough to tell if it's legit or not. One guy was doing this and turning around and selling on the bay. I gave one school 700 tennis balls once too. They had redone all their floors and wanted them for the bottoms of their chairs. I give most of my tennis balls to 2 physical therapists. They use them for the bottoms of walkers for older people. The balls make the walkers move better, yet not slide out from under them.

ctromano
03-02-2009, 02:37 PM
nice offer plasma, tax break too :)

plasma
03-04-2009, 07:37 PM
always happy to donate, tax break or not, anyone else with a legit kids program in need, pls contact me

racingdad23
03-07-2009, 11:03 PM
I donated 8 or 9 a couple of years ago right here on this forum. Had 20-30 requests for them. Its just too hard to tell if the requests are legitimate or not. I was also contacted by the (****) guy that Steve Huff mentioned above.... (he was not the one that I sent them to). In the end I think they went to a inner city program in South Carolina but I dont know for sure. I even paid for the shipping and restrung them. Never heard from them again... nothing saying the racquets had arrived..nothing saying thanks for the donation. So to this day I have no idea if the racquets ever made it into the hands of youngsters or not.

To make a section specifically for this is a noble idea...but in truth it will just open the door for those with dishonest morals hoping to make a buck on our good intentions.

ced
03-09-2009, 09:02 AM
............///.........
To make a section specifically for this is a noble idea...but in truth it will just open the door for those with dishonest morals hoping to make a buck on our good intentions.

That is true of most anything these days ! If we don't do things because some unscrupulous folk will benefit then they automatically win.

plasma
03-21-2009, 12:45 PM
I agree, the benefit far outweighs the liabilities. Tennis is a sport that reaches out to those who don't fit into a group. Gifted kids like this need a way to grow and develop. Tennis can help with this; as it is such a unique, complex, absorbing and brilliant sport...having a GOOD racquet and not just any racquet, is necessary for complete enjoyment of this wonderful game....