PDA

View Full Version : string control

carhi1814
02-14-2009, 09:49 PM
which string do you think gives the most amount of control...or what 2 strings hybridid give u the most control??

lawlitssoo1n
02-14-2009, 10:19 PM
i think its all personal preference. for me it was pro supex blue gear/gosen micro

but remeber also higher tension=more control

Cey
02-16-2009, 12:01 AM
i think its all personal preference. for me it was pro supex blue gear/gosen micro

but remeber also higher tension=more control

How does this string setup play compared to full blue gear? I am thinking of putting that as a cross for a bit as i am have what i think is tennis elbow pains. I have a strap which helps immensly but i was thinking of getting some gosen micro as it is cheap and from what i read on here very good. The pain isn't unbearable and won't last to long as i know it is growing pain because i get the same in my feet (saw tendons - bones growing, muscles and tendons not). Would it soften up the stringbed much as I really don't want to stop using blue gear mains as it plays great as I'm sure you know.

To the OP a kevlar, syn gut hybrid gives the best control of anything. Ashaway kevlar is very good.

lawlitssoo1n
02-16-2009, 10:32 AM
well i can't really tell u becuase i used full blue gear in 17G, and spin was amazing. all shots were just spinning deep into the baseline and drop shots are really easy to do with this string.
but if ur elbow hurts but in gosen micro, its pretty good but low powered(maybe just me becuase i string at 64/63lbs) so i put tecnifibre xr3(multi) with bg at 64/65(should have gone higher with xr3. VERY lively and lots of power, strings move hella lot though(crosses)but i think u have to get the strings used to it. cuz the power is uncontrolable in teh beginning. but if u string low then gosen micro at the cross is fine