PDA

View Full Version : Recommendations

robJAR
02-15-2009, 05:06 PM
I have nSix-One 95's that I'm still trying to experiment the right tension for.. I have a few sets of Babolat Pro Hurricane 16 and was wondering what tension you guys think I should string it at.. I use topspin on the forehand, attempt to on my backhand, good slices, etc. I'm looking for any low tensions under 55 as a starting point.. I'll try anything. I'm still looking for my perfect tension.

On subject of the topic.. The lowest I've strung is 60 with a full poly on an APDC with no dampener.. Arm's still good lol. I want to aim lower though.. But isn't it the lower the tension the less "work" you have to put in?? Can someone help me out on it because I've been confused about it. Thanks!

-robJAR

lawlitssoo1n
02-15-2009, 05:41 PM
hm... what are u looking for in ur game?
power, lower tension
contorl, higher tension

I used to string my racket at 70, but now im down to mid 60's and i would say i do put in less a little bit less effort to hit the ball

robJAR
02-15-2009, 06:35 PM
I have a K-Gut/Pro Hurricane hybrid on one of my racquets strung at 70/65, and I liked the fact that the user would have to generate the power.. However when I used my backup (Pro Hurricane/PSGD strung at 50/55), it felt crazy at first because everything went out.. But after I got used to it, it felt so much easier to keep balls in and go for REALLY long rallies with friends that I'd last about 2-3 shots with.

I can generate enough power for each shot and have good stamina to do so. When I used the low-tension hybrid, I was able to control(?) my shots I guess since most/all shots were so near the baseline. I just have to adjust my serve...

-robJAR

zapvor
02-15-2009, 06:59 PM
what about setting a different tension on each stick and see which you like the best