02-15-2009, 05:40 PM
Found these clips in the Tube.
This guy's form looks so mechanical, most I can say is 3.0:shock:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22o8ukUT9DE&feature=channel
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFZ37bwKUTc&feature=channel
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JiBq6Qx9ULo&feature=channel

samster
02-15-2009, 05:42 PM
I did enjoy the birds chirping in the background.

Tennis Dunce
02-15-2009, 05:44 PM
I'd honestly say a 2.5.

oneguy21
02-15-2009, 06:01 PM
I know I'll be bashed for this but I think you can tell a lot (and I mean a lot) about a person's tennis skills by their physique, racquet, shoes, and attire.

I know if I see that my opponent has a k factor bag with barricades and is well built, I'm in a for a tough match.

Ballinbob
02-15-2009, 06:07 PM
^^ Yeah, I'm going to bash you for that lol. Having a K-Factor means absolutely nothing. Nothing at all. I'm pretty well built and am fitter than 95% of kids my age. Does that mean if you give me a k-90 and some fancy Nike shoes I'm going to turn into an amazing player? I have an 80$ Slazenger racket and I've beat people with Kfactors. Not sure why K-factors are so great.

I don't know why you think that lol, but its pretty funny:)

oneguy21
02-15-2009, 06:27 PM
^^ Yeah, I'm going to bash you for that lol. Having a K-Factor means absolutely nothing. Nothing at all. I'm pretty well built and am fitter than 95% of kids my age. Does that mean if you give me a k-90 and some fancy Nike shoes I'm going to turn into an amazing player? I have an 80$ Slazenger racket and I've beat people with Kfactors. Not sure why K-factors are so great.

Usually, the guys who look like tennis players are the good ones. It makes sense because people who are good would buy good equipment.

Skppr05
02-15-2009, 06:44 PM
I know I'll be bashed for this but I think you can tell a lot (and I mean a lot) about a person's tennis skills by their physique, racquet, shoes, and attire.

I know if I see that my opponent has a k factor bag with barricades and is well built, I'm in a for a tough match.

your not totally off when you say that but tennis is a sport you can't fake. The best giveaway is the first couple of balls the person hits

Leelord337
02-15-2009, 06:54 PM
well u can't really tell from those vids. i've seen 4.5's with awful mechanics but hit really well--this is on most occasions--- but this looks 3.5 at best from those very choppy and awkward swings

Fedace
02-15-2009, 06:55 PM
I have seen some REALLY funky looking guys that can really play so i can't judge this guy til he plays someone at 4.5 level and see how the score turns out. Ramish Krishnan used to play like this, and he was a PRO.

tennisfreak15347
02-15-2009, 06:56 PM
the guy doesn't even split step.

julianoz
02-15-2009, 07:00 PM
lol love those crazy old vietnamese guys

WNocturne
02-15-2009, 07:02 PM
I think the youtuber that posted the videos have something against that tennis player. I mean seriously, just look at his tennis account there's so much videos of him. Maybe he's trying to make people hate that guy? lolz

crystal_clear
02-15-2009, 07:14 PM
You are like a spy. :D

oneguy21
02-15-2009, 07:22 PM
I think the youtuber that posted the videos have something against that tennis player. I mean seriously, just look at his tennis account there's so much videos of him. Maybe he's trying to make people hate that guy? lolz

In that case he needs a life...but that's funny.

Okazaki Fragment
02-15-2009, 07:25 PM

I think the OP and the youtuber are one in the same. Not to mention that this is his first and only post on TW. Creepy.

tennisfreak15347
02-15-2009, 07:26 PM
I can see that the OP really has a lot against the person in the videos.

Tsonga nDance
02-15-2009, 07:36 PM
You made a whole documentary series on this dude. Wtf?:shock:

But yea he doesn't look 4.5. But I couldn't really know.

winter2334
02-15-2009, 07:37 PM
i wana know how he got that angle it looks like hes on top of the fence or in the tree

tennisfreak15347
02-15-2009, 07:43 PM
i wana know how he got that angle it looks like hes on top of the fence or in the tree

either way, he's stalking him from a discreet angle, instead of just going courtside. :shock::shock::shock:

rubberduckies
02-15-2009, 07:58 PM
This is pretty creepy. A bunch of really short stalker videos probably getting the guy's worst points. That someone would care enough to produce these makes him at least 4.5 in my book.

drakulie
02-15-2009, 08:02 PM
I wonder if the person that took the video was a poster from TW. From the viewpoint, it seems as though the guy playing was being spied on. LOL

BobFL
02-15-2009, 08:05 PM

Why are you sneaking around this guy? Did he beat you?

OnyxZ28
02-15-2009, 08:05 PM
Eww ... Lakers colors.

oneguy21
02-15-2009, 08:07 PM
To OP,

Is this your fulltime job?

eneka
02-15-2009, 08:19 PM
lol the way he plays reminds me of this guy that tried out on our team..

James Tin
02-15-2009, 09:06 PM

I don't know the guy, just found them in the Tube. You should better ask the one posting them:???:

Bud
02-15-2009, 09:11 PM

I'd honestly say a 2.5.

2.5 - No way. Those guys can barely keep a ball in play.

3.5 - Getting warmer... however it's hard to tell based on your video.

4.5 - Not! Nothing about his mechanics say 4.5.

Bud
02-15-2009, 09:15 PM

I did enjoy the birds chirping in the background.

You are like a spy. :D

In that case he needs a life...but that's funny.

I think the OP and the youtuber are one in the same. Not to mention that this is his first and only post on TW. Creepy.

I can see that the OP really has a lot against the person in the videos.

You made a whole documentary series on this dude. Wtf?:shock:

But yea he doesn't look 4.5. But I couldn't really know.

either way, he's stalking him from a discreet angle, instead of just going courtside. :shock:

This is pretty creepy. A bunch of really short stalker videos probably getting the guy's worst points. That someone would care enough to produce these makes him at least 4.5 in my book.

I wonder if the person that took the video was a poster from TW. From the viewpoint, it seems as though the guy playing was being spied on. LOL

Lol! I thought it was just me. I viewed the vids before reading the posts and thought... wow, this is weird. It's like you're spying on him or stalking him.

raiden031
02-16-2009, 04:02 AM
I agree that the guy does not look like he would compete at 4.5s. Before making judgement though, I wish I had a little more background on this claim of being 4.5. If the guy is saying he's a 4.5 by the guidelines, then clearly he's a 3.5. But if he says that he plays on a 4.5 usta team, then chances are he is probably a weak 4.5. But I wouldn't rule it completely out yet. I mean having 8 seven second videos from spy-view with trees in the way isn't very helpful.

gastro54
02-16-2009, 04:42 AM
I don't know the guy, just found them in the Tube. You should better ask the one posting them:???:

Yea right.

Video posted Feb 09, you joined in Feb 09, the title of this thread and the video are about equal.

Julieta
02-16-2009, 05:08 AM

There used to be this girl who played tournaments who travelled with her mom, a small dog, a coach and a massage therapist, the latest racquets and clothes and who knows what else. She was more known for that than her tennis skills I'm afraid. My friend wanted to be contrary so she showed up with a plastic carrier bag from some random supermarket, two racquets, no bag, boring clothing and a plastic bottle of water.

I can see what you're saying though. At least they have invested something in their tennis. However, the best attitude is to know you're in for a tough match no matter what the person looks like.

albino smurf
02-16-2009, 05:10 AM
2.5-3.0 tops.

raiden031
02-16-2009, 05:13 AM
I can see what you're saying though. At least they have invested something in their tennis. However, the best attitude is to know you're in for a tough match no matter what the person looks like.

This reminds me of my singles ladder I have been doing the past couple years. I'm in my late 20s now, but when I would show up to a match and meet my opponent, the older the opponent, the more anxiety I felt. If I saw a guy my age, I think to myself he's going to overhit alot. If I see a guy who was in his 60s, I think of a guy who has been a 3.5 for 20 years and has mastered that level of play.

When I attended college at a D1 school, I saw the players heading to practice and they almost never carried racquet bags with them. Just 2 racquets and cotton gym clothes. Nothing fancy.

Lotto
02-16-2009, 06:28 AM

The funny thing about that is that our first team were playing at home in the dublin leagues against another team and there were 3 more at home also. Anyway, this guy asked me the code for the dressing rooms etc. and by the look of him he looked like he'd be playing Class 7 (There are 7 classes, 1-7, Class 1 players would be 5.0-6.0, Class 2 and 3 would be 4.0-5.0 and Classes 4-7 would be 2.5-4.0) Anyway, he looked like he was a class 7 player and then after we had won our match I was watching the first team play and there he was playing no.1's for the other team!! And our No.1 player is 5.5+ because he's beaten a ranked pro 7 times out of 7 in singles and he was actually playing that ranked pro and the "class 7 looking guy" lol. Looks can be deceiving!!

ssjkyle31
02-16-2009, 08:01 AM
This guy might be a 4.5 because he played on a USTA 4.5 team. I doubt he played singles, but a couple lucky wins in a league match could earn him a 4.5. rating.

Its like I was browsering a site promoting tennis partners. I came across a player that I played before. He rated himself as a 4.0 but in reality he really a 3.0., part of human vanity.

Rickson
02-16-2009, 08:05 AM
Is that the op in those clips?

Noveson
02-16-2009, 01:57 PM
I rate the OP as a creepy little man

LeeD
02-16-2009, 03:51 PM
He should play the musician guy, but he'd lose.
Two slow moving iquana's playing each other, what can be more boring.
2.5 at best, but he can play in 4.5 tournaments and lose zip zip most times.

Ambivalent
02-16-2009, 09:57 PM

I once played a guy with insane gear but sucked complete dookie.

It was during a Mens B League match, and the guy showed up with four k6.1 90s, barricade 5s, ankle braces, full on tennis shirt and pants, a wristband, and two bottles of water, one with some sort of energy supplement.

Once we started warming up it was pretty apparent that he probably wont break enough strings to use all his k6.1s for the next four years.

breadstick
02-16-2009, 10:17 PM
I'd say a 3.0 (3.5 max). He's better than a 2.5 for sure.

lawlitssoo1n
02-16-2009, 10:20 PM
he's a 4.5+ in like a toddlers league, i was a lot better than taht when i was 11

lazyeenviet
02-16-2009, 10:29 PM

If I see a guy with a beat up Prostaff 90 or a beat up Prestige Mid I know that I'm going to be in for a world of hurt :?

lazyeenviet
02-16-2009, 10:31 PM
The funny thing about that is that our first team were playing at home in the dublin leagues against another team and there were 3 more at home also. Anyway, this guy asked me the code for the dressing rooms etc. and by the look of him he looked like he'd be playing Class 7 (There are 7 classes, 1-7, Class 1 players would be 5.0-6.0, Class 2 and 3 would be 4.0-5.0 and Classes 4-7 would be 2.5-4.0) Anyway, he looked like he was a class 7 player and then after we had won our match I was watching the first team play and there he was playing no.1's for the other team!! And our No.1 player is 5.5+ because he's beaten a ranked pro 7 times out of 7 in singles and he was actually playing that ranked pro and the "class 7 looking guy" lol. Looks can be deceiving!!

Would this be in the UK Lotto?

foLster
02-16-2009, 11:02 PM
Usually, the guys who look like tennis players are the good ones. It makes sense because people who are good would buy good equipment.

I played a guy who pretty much was a hobo (tattered jeans, ripped polo, rastafarian matted hair down his back, and some teeth were half) and he was surprisingly good. So I don't think that's completely true :).

Rickson
02-16-2009, 11:06 PM
That was you? I hadn't done my laundry so I just threw on anything.

jessey
02-17-2009, 12:20 AM
The OP is certainly the same person as the youtube poster. He's just signed up for both the tw and the youtube accounts this month...and for the same and only purpose of making fun of this guy...creepy.

To the OP: What's your beef against this guy? And you should get a life instead of stalking someone.

ttbrowne
02-17-2009, 06:02 AM
I'm hoping to play this guy in USTA 3.5 this year!

Oh wait...He can't play down.

Hahaha!

origmarm
02-17-2009, 06:20 AM
If that guy is even vaguely close to a 4.5 I have been underrating myself dramatically for years! I would say something like a 3.0 max from what other posters have rated videos I've seen on here

I rate the OP as a creepy little man

Completely agree with this though, very strange alltogether

Blade0324
02-17-2009, 09:29 AM
OP is kind of creepy no doubt but staying on topic I'd say he looks like a 3.0 but if he is consistant enough could probably be 3.5 pretty easy. No where near 4.5 though. At least not in the circles I run with.

SaunderS
02-17-2009, 09:34 AM
Isnt filming someone without their permission illegal? I think its just jealousy.

tennisboy777
02-17-2009, 08:47 PM

I thought barricades were adidas shoes :D

supertrex
02-17-2009, 08:57 PM
Nice tennis court, must be in a club house.

Zeppy
02-17-2009, 09:41 PM
Well following on how the others usually rate players here, I would say that man in the video to be a 3.0ish.

I probably wouldn't have minded as much if the person who was filming would stop recording for 7 seconds at a time.