PDA

View Full Version : Polyon Ice hybrid

Kenny022593
02-15-2009, 05:08 PM
Im trying a polyon ice hybrid for my tennis season thats starting up the beginning of march. Im gonna try Polyon ice mains at 59 with prince lightning xx (both 17g) as crosses and then Polyon ice mains and psgd (17g) cross at the same tensions. In the RDS 003 frame. can anyone say how these will play?

the set up i am using right now is Head Rip control 17g 62/60 and PSGD 16g 60

lawlitssoo1n
02-15-2009, 05:21 PM
just leave it at the tension u have it at. i've changed tension cuz i was switching form syn gut to poly, and it really sucks, so i stick with the same tension for whatever strings i use

azn_lefty_roddick_jr
02-15-2009, 05:33 PM
Not sure about the two hybrids you listed in your post, but I've had experience hybriding Gosen Polylon Ice 17 with Gosen OG-Sheep Micro 17 in my frames at 59/58, as well as in many customers' racquets. Best hybrid I've ever tried for the money, and it's wicked awesome at less than 2 bucks! Extremely stiff at first, but I loved it after breaking it in for about a week. It plays great after that, right up until it pops, and believe me, it takes quite a while for it to break! Good spin and power, at least to me. The poly mains will move around after a while, and I can feel it losing tension as the weeks drag on, although it doesn't hinder playability in the least.

I would recommend this combo to anybody (minus those with arm problems, since it seems to hurt mine a bit when I use it, but only slightly), especially since it'll last forever if you buy a reel of each, at only 30 bucks each!

Good luck playtesting!