PDA

View Full Version : x one biphase vs. nrg2

sonicboi21
02-15-2009, 07:41 PM
Which one is better in terms of spin, playability, feel, control, power, touch. all that good stuff
I heard x one is very powerful, but i dont know which is weaker.
So which string is better?

SCSI
02-15-2009, 07:44 PM
Of course, it is highly personal. My feeling is that X one Biphase has more crisp feel and better tension maintenance. Personally, I prefer NRG2, mainly because I like the way it feels better and the higher price of the other is not worth it for me.

jamauss
02-15-2009, 07:46 PM
there is no "better" or "worse" between the 2 really. It depends on what you're looking for from the string.

I play with NRG2 because I like how it matches up with the poly's I play with. X1 is a great string too though.

sonicboi21
02-15-2009, 07:52 PM
i mean overall, whicg string has better characteristics
which has more spin, tension maintenance, all the stuff i listed in my original post.
but for me power is a negative

larry10s
02-16-2009, 05:07 AM
String
Playability
Durability
Power
Control
Touch/Feel
Comfort
Spin
Tension retention
Resistance to movement
Overall average score

according to ursa x1 biophase was better than nrg(17 gauge both) in all categories except tension retention

davidahenry
02-16-2009, 05:07 AM

Then you will want to go with NRG2. I think X-One is a very good multi, but it is very powerful. I used it in a POG MP at 65 lbs, and it was still way too powerful for my liking.

Take care.

DH

Chris De Tone
02-16-2009, 11:13 AM
I've used both in 18g and I prefer NRG2 over X-1. It's hard to describe...I am not a string breaker and I use a full job in my KBlade Tours at 60lbs. To me, NRG2 just gives me a better feeling when I play. I know what it's going to do and I have confidence in it. I did find the X-1 more powerful, but I don't know...they are both really good. Tecnifibre makes the best multis in my opinion.

Il Mostro
02-16-2009, 11:55 AM
I happen to like really X-1, but I made the switch to Xcel Power a while back. This is now my favorite long-term multi, so I suggest you add it to your list. Just an alternate view for you to consider...

sonicboi21
02-16-2009, 01:09 PM
is xcel power powerful like x-one? if it is, is xcel premium a good substitute?

Il Mostro
02-16-2009, 01:45 PM
is xcel power powerful like x-one? if it is, is xcel premium a good substitute?

IMO I get better feel and cupping from Xcel Power than X-1; also, slightly less power than X-1. Xcel Premium is the softest multi I have played. It is not overly high powered. Bear in mind, X-1 is no slouch -- a crisper string than either Xcel with good pop and still *very* good control. These are all top notch multi's and I would not hesitate to recommend any of them. It all comes down to personal preference. My racquet is already crisp and I found Xcel Power to be a better fit. For me, Xcel Premium is just a *tad* too soft compared to Power.

saram
02-16-2009, 02:56 PM
i mean overall, whicg string has better characteristics
which has more spin, tension maintenance, all the stuff i listed in my original post.

You can't really say which one has better characteristics in that they are different strings and different players opt for different characteristics and I may label one better and you may find the other to be your holy grail. Personally, I'm a fan and user of X-1 in full sets in my sticks and love it. You though, may opt for the other. My suggestion is get a set of both and spend a week with each and base your decision off of your feedback on the two strings. You can't go wrong with either string, IMO.

davidahenry
02-16-2009, 06:24 PM
I happen to like really X-1, but I made the switch to Xcel Power a while back. This is now my favorite long-term multi, so I suggest you add it to your list. Just an alternate view for you to consider...

IMO I get better feel and cupping from Xcel Power than X-1; also, slightly less power than X-1.

I agree with Il Mostro. Babolat Xcel Power is the best multi IMO. I tried four different "high-end" multi's this past Summer (Gamma LiveWire XP, WeissCANON Explosiv!, Tecnifibre X-One BiPhase, and Babolat Xcel Power) and recently tried Tecnifibre NRG2. Of all these multi's, I liked Xcel Power the best.

Take care.

DH