PDA

View Full Version : Laserfibre

jturpin4
02-16-2009, 09:16 AM
Just ordered two sets of Laserfibre Phenom 16 from their new online store. Decided to get two sets of the Phenom instead of one set of Phenom and one set of Laser Elite to try. I was looking for a soft string, $14 and less, that has good spin potential, good tension maintenance, as well as good amount of durability and Ted from LF said that the Phenom would be the best for me.

Will keep you all updated on how they fare in my Aerogel 500 Tour's.

Il Mostro
02-16-2009, 01:42 PM
Looking forward to your review. My wife has had 17 gauge Phenom on her racquets for nearly a month now and really likes it. I am interested to hear someone else's take on it.

jturpin4
02-19-2009, 08:00 AM
I called today and checked to see if my order has been shipped and it was shipped out yesterday. They were very fast in responding to emails except the last two days because their email server was down but they always answer the phone. I will probably receive my order tomorrow or Monday since it was shipped First Class. Can't wait to try out this Phenom!

eagle
02-19-2009, 08:31 AM
Phenom is my all time personal fave string.

The cost and non-availability in reels however has made me go away from it. :(

r,
eagle

jturpin4
02-19-2009, 09:08 AM
Phenom is my all time personal fave string.

The cost and non-availability in reels however has made me go away from it. :(

r,
eagle

Eagle,

What string do you use now if not using the Phenom?

Valjean
02-19-2009, 09:19 AM
Good string, especially in the 18 gauge. You can never get it, too.

eagle
02-19-2009, 09:45 AM
jturpin,

These days I use the Signum Ultra SF. Not quite the same level as the Phenom but good enough for what I need.

I'm going to be trying the WeissCannon Explosiv soon.

I've heard a lot of positive feedback on that, so I'm going to give it a try.

r,
eagle

Il Mostro
02-19-2009, 03:13 PM
Good string, especially in the 18 gauge. You can never get it, too.

You are right about that. I am still waiting on the 18g Phenom I ordered in November. Evidently, the 18g that came in was too thin and a new order needed to be placed. All my other orders were delivered promptly, including Pro Stock.

jturpin4
02-24-2009, 07:30 PM
Just got my string today. Was worried that it wouldn't come so called up Laserfibre and inquired about my order that was shipped last Wednesday (sent First Class). He said if I didn't receive it today, they would send out two packs of replacement string free of charge. Great customer service by Laserfibre! Going to get my racquets strung up tomorrow and will let you all know how they perform with the Phenom!

W Cats
02-25-2009, 12:12 PM
How much did you have to pay for shipping in your order? I looked at ordering fro them but shipping seemed high.

jturpin4
02-25-2009, 07:38 PM
First class was $4.30 or something around there. Yeah, it was pretty expensive for shipping. When I received the package, it said it only cost them $1.50 or so lol

rich s
02-25-2009, 07:51 PM
First class was $4.30 or something around there. Yeah, it was pretty expensive for shipping. When I received the package, it said it only cost them $1.50 or so lol

The envelope/shipping packaging as well as the labor to prepare the order more than eats into the $2.80 difference.

scotus
02-25-2009, 08:21 PM

I ordered 4 sets of strings from a company about 100 miles away.

They charged nearly $9 for S/H.

I would normally not pay such an outrageous fee, but this was the only company that carried the particular string I was looking for. Oh well....

jturpin4
02-27-2009, 04:25 PM
Got my racquets re-strung last night and went to the courts today with the Phenom in the Dunlop Aerogel 500 Tour's. I was looking at the strings and they said in blue: Pro Stock 17. I ordered two sets of the Phenom 16 gauge and the strings that are in my racquets says Pro Stock 17. Do you think this is a misprint on the strings? The packages even said Phenom..

Il Mostro
02-27-2009, 05:17 PM
I strongly suspect you have Pro Stock in Phenom bags. All the LF packages I have are unsealed at the top, so I can see how this might happen. The good news is, you got free Prostock, since they will replace your original order with no questions asked. :-)

jturpin4
02-27-2009, 09:59 PM
I figured that was what happened. Do you think they will send me free Phenom replacements? I played a couple hours with the Pro Stock strings and really didn't like them. I didn't know if the wet weather affected the playability or what but alot of my balls were shanking and going long.

Il Mostro
02-28-2009, 04:06 AM
Just call or email and I am sure they will make it right -- at least that has been my experience. The Pro Stock needs to be strung higher than your normal tension, just like natural gut. Phenom should be strung at your usual tension. Do not expect Phenom to lose tension like other multi's, so do not overshoot the tension.

J011yroger
02-28-2009, 04:18 AM
I figured that was what happened. Do you think they will send me free Phenom replacements? I played a couple hours with the Pro Stock strings and really didn't like them. I didn't know if the wet weather affected the playability or what but alot of my balls were shanking and going long.

Where I come from, shanking implies that you hit the frame.

Can't blame the string for that lol.

J