PDA

View Full Version : Wilson NXT Demo string?

JSE
02-16-2009, 09:58 AM
Just curious more than anything but......

What is the difference between normal NXT string and string labelled as "NXT demo string, not for resale" or something like that? It's actually written on the string. I ask because I was demoing a couple frames from my local shop and all the demos are strung with the "Demo" string. I knew they always used NXT for demos but have never seen it actually labelled as "Demo" string.

I know many Prince Demo racquets actually have Demo stamped on them. From what I am told, no difference in the frames.

Just wondering if there is any difference the string.

JavierLW
02-16-2009, 10:20 AM
Just curious more than anything but......

What is the difference between normal NXT string and string labelled as "NXT demo string, not for resale" or something like that? It's actually written on the string. I ask because I was demoing a couple frames from my local shop and all the demos are strung with the "Demo" string. I knew they always used NXT for demos but have never seen it actually labelled as "Demo" string.

I know many Prince Demo racquets actually have Demo stamped on them. From what I am told, no difference in the frames.

Just wondering if there is any difference the string.

Ive used it before as my friend owns his own pro shop and is Wilson sponsored. Sometimes he would offer me a free set and I would just pay for getting the racquet strung, especially if I bought a new racquet from him.

It plays the same. Those are just free (or discounted) samples that they give to wilson sponsors.

They put Demo on the string just as a deterent because the store is not supposed to try to sell them to make a profit from them.