PDA

View Full Version : Babolat XCel- Question.

Fly834
02-16-2009, 02:54 PM
I have Babolat XCEL Premium string (not sure if it is 16 or 17). It was originally strung at 57, but I'm pretty sure the strings have loosened. Just wanted to clarify that looser strings mean more power/control. I have really noticed this with my loosened strings. I am hitting out a lot (amazingly) less. Is there a way to verify what my current string tension is at without buying any expensive gear?
Also, would anyone recommend hybriding Xcel with anyother string. What benifits does this bring (also disadvantages).
Thanks a ton!
-Fly834

lawlitssoo1n
02-16-2009, 03:07 PM
lowertension=power
higher tension=more control

try hybriding xcel with pro hurricane tour. there are a lot of ppl in this forum that uses that set up

Valjean
02-16-2009, 04:40 PM
Hybriding is endured mainly to enhance durability and/or reduce cost. Its certain drawback is uneven, hence unreliable, string deflection due to string differences, which can affect accuracy. It is to be avoided.

i8myshirt
02-16-2009, 04:50 PM
I used to use xcel with pro hurricane at 58 and the hurricane seems to cut through the xcel so I don't use that hybrid anymore. It's too costly to constantly restring.

lawlitssoo1n
02-16-2009, 05:08 PM
I used to use xcel with pro hurricane at 58 and the hurricane seems to cut through the xcel so I don't use that hybrid anymore. It's too costly to constantly restring.

u probably bought htem in a half and half set, which cost more, if u bought them seperately they are a lot cheaper

i8myshirt
02-16-2009, 05:43 PM
Actually, my coach at the tennis club bought the strings in bulk and did it, but he probably charged me a lot more than it should have been, stupid coaches. It's all good though, cause I have a new stringer that's really cheap.
I was thinking about using a full xcel-stringbed before, but I'm wasn't sure how long that would last compared to polys in terms of tension, but it would probably feel really good.