PDA

View Full Version : Excessive Lead?

evhrox
02-16-2009, 05:07 PM
i just put about 15g lead on a apdc! was actually just bored and experimenting and OMG it feels so nice. Crazy plow-thru and stability~
about 12g at throat and 3 in the handle! (yea i kno right wtf?!)

is this bad for my arms? and does anyone use a buttload of lead like me?:)

Bud
02-16-2009, 05:13 PM
i just put about 15g lead on a apdc! was actually just bored and experimenting and OMG it feels so nice. Crazy plow-thru and stability~

15g of lead really isn't that much on an APDC.

What are the current weight and balance?

evhrox
02-16-2009, 05:27 PM
15g of lead really isn't that much on an APDC.

What are the current weight and balance?

its about 349g and 4pts headlight

120mphBodyServe
02-16-2009, 05:31 PM
Put on as much lead as you can swing.
Then if need be, head to the gym.

evhrox
02-16-2009, 05:40 PM
its about 349g and 4pts headlight

srry meant 6pts*

ag200boy
02-16-2009, 05:46 PM
i have 32g of lead on my AG200

Tennisguy777
02-16-2009, 06:57 PM
Be careful too much lead and your racquet might get lead poisoning! :)

furyoku_tennis
02-16-2009, 07:31 PM
leading your racquet is only bad on your arms if you can't handle it.

gymrat76
02-17-2009, 05:12 AM

I am experimenting with lead setups on my APDC as well. But I am trying polarization. I put like 5-6 grams in buttcap area and a good 15-17 grms at 12 o'clock (covering 8-9 mid main strings) Strung w/ PHT at 60lbs (though it has been a while so looser now)

The racquet has a much higher swingweight now. So this changed my hitting style in the sense that I am not using (actually, I can't, due to high SW) front arm or wrist, but must use the whole arm in one big swing motion. (So this explained to me the hitting characterestics of Nadal which appear to stem from this setup)

The most noticeable things have been the service, backhand slice and forehand. I am much more confident in service now. I know what kind of a curve the ball will take when I kickserve. Forehands are great too. When I hit, the ball takes a trajectory (it clears the net very high) like it is totally hitting fences, but then takes a dip right in the last second around the b-line.
I am still trying to get used to it as it requires one to use whole arm in one big swift motion. And hitting the sweetspot while doing so aint that e.z (for me)