02-28-2005, 08:17 PM
Doesn't look like he's too worried about his upcoming Davis Cup match:

http://foxsports.news.com.au/story/0,8659,12402420-23216,00.html

aj_m2009
03-01-2005, 02:33 AM
No it doesn't does it?

Haka Boy
03-01-2005, 05:23 PM
From current affair programs and endless magazine articles the little whiney one Lleyton and his soapie princess Bec have definitely been on the publicity trail since the Australian Open.

Lets see they got paid $200,000 for a media saturation and suspenseful interview where they "unveiled" to the public for the first time "the engagement ring" Oh my god how riveting that one was, but many took note that it did pay for the ring. And judging by all the interviews since they should have enough money for the actual wedding now.

Among the endless magazine articles some titles have stood out "Our love is real" "Lleyton and Bec tell of love match" & "I lost the match, but I won the girl" Oh dear......

The later many cynics have a theory that Hewitt's parents and PR team are on a winner, think about it, its a hell of a great way to get the general public to forget you just lost the final of the Australian Open. Come to think about it, it's worked.

But I will leave you with a satirical article that was passed on to me by a mate in Aussie land.

Hewitt Climbs World Rankings

Lleyton Hewitt has climbed to new peaks in the ‘World Trophy Bride’ rankings, ensuring all Australian Open hostility is forgotten.

After disgracing himself with a "shark–like” performance in the Australian Open Final, Lleyton Hewitt has once again captured our hearts and imaginations with his engagement to Bec Cartwright.

Bec Cartwright, a long time star of Australian soap opera "Home and Away" was reported to be "ecstatic" after Hewitt's proposal.

"I knew from the first time I saw Brayden, we were meant to be, just like Tom and Pippa. Ooh look! My fingernails have sparkles!", she said.

When asked how the two met, Cartwright replied "I was on the set of Home and Away when I got a call in my trailer. He said he'd seen me on TV and asked me if I wanted to go to dinner. I of course said no. He then said "COME ON!" and I couldn't resist. Ooh look! My bracelet jingles!"

Hewitt's Engagement to the young actor-come-singer-come anything has rocketed his World Trophy Bride ranking to fourth in the world, up from outright last.

His time spent in the doldrums has been attributed to Kim Clijsters. The break up of the engagement of Hewitt and Clijsters has seen him take the biggest leap in rankings since 90-year old oil tycoon and Hall of Famer, J. Howard Marshall II, beaued Hollywood siren and junkie, Anna Nicole Smith.

When asked if he was aware of what Marshall had achieved, Hewitt replied "Well Anna Nicole is pretty hot. I'd root her.".

Hewitt's emphatic rise to number four is said to have been bolstered by the recent break-up between Brad Pitt and Jennifer Aniston.

Ahead of Hewitt in the rankings are Justin Timberlake and Cameron Diaz at three, Michael Douglas and Catherine Zeta Jones at two, with Aussie couple Jamie Packer with Sarah O'Hare currently at number one.

"Now that I've found some form," Hewitt said "there's no turning back. Next time I need some good publicity after a dismal tennis performance, I'm going for gold. I'm thinking Moyra from Good Morning Australia."

When the question was raised as to whether Hewitt would be starring on the small screen along side Bec, he said "I'm sure the tapes will be on the internet within a few weeks."

Hewitt seemed unfazed when Andy Roddick's once blooming relationship with Mandy Moore was mentioned.

aj_m2009
03-01-2005, 05:34 PM
I really hope that isn't real. "Anna Nicole is pretty hot", that is sick, and it really makes Bec sound stupid.

Haka Boy
03-01-2005, 05:51 PM
As I said it's a "satirical" send up.......

aj_m2009
03-01-2005, 05:53 PM
Oh, I guess I missed that part.

Federer Admirer
03-01-2005, 07:58 PM
According to a interview in australia he was so exhausted from the aus open campain that he didnt pick up a racquet for 3 weeks. He just started getting ready for the Davis cup this week