PDA

View Full Version : Flexy Midplus Racquets

jorel
02-17-2009, 04:25 AM
Anyone know of any Midplus/Oversize racquets with a flex of about 50 or lower

Bud
02-17-2009, 04:26 AM
Anyone know of any Midplus/Oversize racquets with a flex of about 50 or lower

The ProKennex 5G feels like it's about 50... even though it's stated much higher.

Check out some of those new Wilsons... they are fairly large head with really low flex.

Bud
02-17-2009, 04:30 AM
http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/descpageRCWILSON-KCOURT.html

100 sq. in.
10 oz.
1pt. HL
Flex 50
Twistweight = approx 13.1

http://twu.tennis-warehouse.com/images/contours/KCOURT.jpg

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/descpageRCWILSON-KFURY.html

100 sq. in.
10 oz.
1pt. HL
Flex 52
Twistweight = approx 13.1

http://twu.tennis-warehouse.com/images/contours/KFURY.jpg

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Add about an ounce of lead to the handle... and they'll be about 11.0 oz. and 6-8 pts. HL with low stiffness.

Bud
02-17-2009, 04:40 AM
The KCourt looks like a good, arm-friendly racquet to customize... for $99

I like the power distribution of the KCourt more than the KFury, too.

jorel
02-17-2009, 05:39 AM
The KCourt looks like a good, arm-friendly racquet to customize... for $99

I like the power distribution of the KCourt more than the KFury, too.
man with some weight... those can turn into beasts... that melt the heart

thasnk

im thinking of making them closer to 13 oz

plasma
02-17-2009, 12:55 PM
What about the Prince Woodie or the Original Donnay Belgium OS Pro One and WST Cobalt OS? soft as a kitten...

goldenyama
02-17-2009, 10:13 PM
I don't know the flex, but I recently bought an old Donnay Pro One International Super Midsize (95?) and it is VERY flexy.

Bud
02-17-2009, 10:16 PM
I'd like to get my paws on a KCourt for low $$ and try customizing it a bit :twisted:

goldenyama
02-17-2009, 10:29 PM
My original blue/yellow Donnay Pro One OS is also ridiculously flexy. Kinda pricey and hard to find these days though.

goldenyama
02-17-2009, 10:36 PM
I'd like to get my paws on a KCourt for low $$ and try customizing it a bit :twisted:

My view is biased coz I am a classic-racquet-**** but being a modern Wilson that isn't part of their top player's racquet lines I can't imagine the KCourt being any good at all. Flex of 50 is intriguing though.

Bud
02-17-2009, 10:43 PM
My view is biased coz I am a classic-racquet-**** but being a modern Wilson that isn't part of their top player's racquet lines I can't imagine the KCourt being any good at all. Flex of 50 is intriguing though.

Yeah... the 50 flex, slightly headlight balance and the 100 sq. in mid+ headsize will make this a customizer's dream.

I would slap on a leather grip, 0.5 oz of lead in the handle and then balance it out to approximately 4-6 pts. HL by adding additional lead to 9/3. The final product will end up at about 11.7-12 oz. with good plowthrough, high twistweight and a reasonably comfortable SW.

I can see a real sleeper, here.

I wonder what the frame vibration is like?? Is it muted, lively, etc.?

They've also go those nice new Wilson butt caps with the trap door... anyone tried opening the trap doors with a crochet hook?

ilian
02-18-2009, 08:25 AM
Dunlop MAX 500i & Dunlop MAX 800i. I have the second one in a very good condition and am willing to trade for something I might be interested in...

knasty131
02-18-2009, 08:29 AM
I know the Wilson Hyper Pro Staff 7.1 zone was a very flexy frame. Great for customizing.

jimbo333
02-18-2009, 05:46 PM
Dunlop MAX 500i & Dunlop MAX 800i. I have the second one in a very good condition and am willing to trade for something I might be interested in...

Hi Ilian,

The Dunlop Max racquets are my favourite of all time, In fact I now collect them. I play mainly with the 200G and 300i, but enjoy all the others when I get a chance (weather in England is terrible most of the year).

Would definitely be interested in trading for the 800i, contact me by clicking on my name and emailing:)

pshulam
02-21-2009, 08:52 AM
.. when I get a chance (weather in England is terrible most of the year).

It must be better than that of Minneapolis, MN, USA for playing tennis outdoor as the weather is either too cold with snow/ice still on the ground or hot/humid.

plasma
02-21-2009, 10:35 AM
the Blue Yellow Pro One, Or the Orange Grey, or the WST Cobalt or other OS frames made by Donnay durring that same year (rounded buttcap) are the only OS I would ever even think of touching. They were flexible but not soft. They had less trampoline than a mid; with no tourque. In terms of engineering and design; 10 times as much research must have gone into these frames as compared to others. The performance is so ridiculously good that if you have not held one I am now trying to describe purple and orange to someone who was born blind....
Plasmas early racquet collection: (decades ago as a geeky pre-teen!):
head twin tube zebra
3 mad raq's
head prestige classic
head trysis 260mid ( feels like chewing week old gum! )
head prestige tour
Panther pro ceramic
Prince Jr.
Prince Pro (strung with technifibre and played!)
Yonex R23
Head XRC
Mizuno Mid (alll white with red splash on hoop)
Prince Mono (thanks Mom and TW)
Prince Vortex SB (thank u Mom and TW)
Yonex rd ti 70 (mom/tw)
Donnay WST cobalt OS
Rossignol f 250 ( only frame I'd safinize )
donnay allwood (thanks to mom and the shop at the mall, to bad I was under 3 feet high and not well over 6 and decided to go with the light/ medium for more power...doh!)
Agassi Bumblebee MP (best and stiffest MP ever...like the pc...high performance!)
Bard Jade Fire
Bard Jade Fire Mid (beautiful with excellent playability, different shape but basically a prestige pro!)
original Keubler Profile

those were the days, if only I knew back then...thanks Mom, I miss u everyday!!!....

robby c
02-22-2009, 09:28 PM
My Head Satellite Tour 102 flex rating is 54-56 depending on which review was correct.
Robby C