PDA

View Full Version : what should i do to stop a racquet from vibrating so much?

ronalditop
02-17-2009, 06:08 AM
the problem is my fathers racquet, is a wilson titanium stretch (28''). i tried it a few days ago and i coulndt believe how much this racquet vibrates, i can feel how my arm vibrates because of it, is a awful feeling. and sice my father is older and he doesnt generate as much raquet speed as i do, i think its even worse for him. the racquet has a shock dampener (head smartsorb), and is strung with psgd16 at 57.what can i do to make the racquet vibrate less? i was thinking maybe stringing it with a soft multi.

origmarm
02-17-2009, 06:21 AM
The inherent stiffness of the racquet is I believe your problem. There is a limited amount you can do unfortunately.

Soft string will help yes, you can also fill the handle with silicone which will also help but will change the weight/balance of the racquet.

That's all I can think of, sorry :(

Blade0324
02-17-2009, 12:30 PM
LIke Origmarm said there is just not much you can do it is just something that is a downside of that frame. Nat. Gut is gonna be the softest but it will still vibrate.

defrule
02-17-2009, 01:58 PM
Isn't that racket very light and also head heavy?

scotus
02-17-2009, 02:17 PM
If you don't want a new arm-friendly racquet, go ahead and try a $3.99 Babolat Racket Vibration System. Some people complain that it absorbs too much vibration, but if your objective is to get rid of vibration, there is none better.

You can also purchase a more shock-absorbing replacement grip or just put on an extra layer of overgrip (wrap it tight).

SirBlend12
02-17-2009, 02:28 PM
Look at it fiercely, and real serious-like, say "Stop it! NO!".

j/k.

Look into softer strings, as well as a good worm dampener.

mawashi
02-17-2009, 03:23 PM
I don't want to sound presumptuous but that racquet is an old head heavy hammer frame n isn't the best thing for your dad. You could consider a softer more stable frame.

There are some very nice frames on the sale page:
http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/catpage-liqracs.html

mawashi

Djokovicfan4life
02-17-2009, 07:13 PM
Hit the sweet-spot more often.....................

T1000
02-18-2009, 06:34 AM
get a softer string, a damper, and hit the ball in the sweet spot. the last part will help the most

hoodjem
02-18-2009, 06:37 AM
Cut out the PSGD. Put in Iso-Speed Pro 17 at 56.

Use two dampeners.