View Full Version : Head 600 Century Pro

bzazut
02-17-2009, 10:58 AM
Any body knows the specs of the "HEAD 600 CENTURY PRO'",
and which grommet would fit it?
Thanks in advance

plasma
02-17-2009, 01:51 PM
sounds like an 89.5 gp (graphite pro) mold, could we see pics to confirm?...$5 mg prestige CAP's would probably fit if you wanted to CAP it...that depends on the weight stiffness though, CAP's are a thick plastic strip that wraps around the hoop of the frame, they absorb vibration and protect the frame but also affect aerodynamics and swingweight somewhat...Bud is the expert, he should be here at the crt coffeshop in a bit..meanwhile pix pls.....is it constant beam or power wedge?

Bud
02-17-2009, 02:17 PM
Any body knows the specs of the "HEAD 600 CENTURY PRO'",
and which grommet would fit it?
Thanks in advance

Pics!!!!!!! :)

khw72004
02-17-2009, 05:00 PM
The Century Pro 600 is more like the second generation of the Graphite pro. where they have the wedge and the frame is not flat like other constant beams. I think its comparable to Conquest pro and the second gen Graphite Pro. I am not sure if the CAP's fit this particular model.

Then Century Mid and the Century Plus, on the other hand, looks more like teal or black graphite pro we always wee with CAP's

Bud
02-17-2009, 06:55 PM
The Century Pro 600 is more like the second generation of the Graphite pro. where they have the wedge and the frame is not flat like other constant beams. I think its comparable to Conquest pro and the second gen Graphite Pro. I am not sure if the CAP's fit this particular model.

Then Century Mid and the Century Plus, on the other hand, looks more like teal or black graphite pro we always wee with CAP's

CAPs fit with slight modification. The stock white grommets look cheap and tacky... not to mention they're brittle as all h-ll!

Once the CAP grommets are on and the racquet is strung... slap a couple pieces of HEAD head tape on and it looks pretty darned good!

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_RLIYzXhfZQ0/SXMj5qIUWUI/AAAAAAAAFn0/gg69cG01cso/s800/P1040307.JPG

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_RLIYzXhfZQ0/SXMjzdQEgiI/AAAAAAAAFmY/TjXB1ugu9QE/s800/P1040299.JPG

bzazut
02-17-2009, 08:46 PM
Thanks for the information!!!
will post pics as soon as i get a wee bit of time off...
Thanks again!

plasma
02-18-2009, 01:16 AM
head cosmetics seem very tame, and then all of a sudden they explode with sparkle and glitter with a beam from the sun...nothing else is so perfectly reminiscent of the time inwhich they were made...nothing else can evoke this feeling...
http://i44.tinypic.com/51tly.jpg
Head Century Master 660

part of the beauty is how tacky they look now, and how beautiful they were then, now they have beauty because they breifly capture a precious moment in time...

Bud
02-18-2009, 01:18 AM
head cosmetics seem very tame, and then all of a sudden they explode with sparkle and glitter with a beam from the sun...nothing else is so perfectly reminiscent of the time inwhich they were made...nothing else can evoke this feeling...
http://i44.tinypic.com/51tly.jpg
Head Century Master 660

part of the beauty is how tacky they look now, and how beautiful they were then, now they have beauty because they breifly capture a precious moment in time...

Lol! You know... starting around the time of the Elite Pro... Head's use of glitter/metallic flake in their racquets is a bit over the top!

plasma
02-18-2009, 01:26 AM
the usa prestige pro is no exception. At first, indoors, the color looks like conservative fire engine red. Taken outside it literally sparkles and glitters in the sun. The Austrian Prestige and the USA prestige have the most impressive finishes I've ever seen. To be fair though, Bard had a beautiful Austrian Prestige Bowling Ball like finish as well..in exquisite venetian teal.

Bud
02-18-2009, 01:36 AM
the usa prestige pro is no exception. At first, indoors, the color looks like conservative fire engine red. Taken outside it literally sparkles and glitters in the sun. The Austrian Prestige and the USA prestige have the most impressive finishes I've ever seen. To be fair though, Bard had a beautiful Austrian Prestige Bowling Ball like finish as well..in exquisite venetian teal.

Is that the Bard Jade racquet?

plasma
02-18-2009, 01:47 AM
yes the jade fire series, they looked like expensive vases or something old and precious. They also played amazingly so the lacquered graphics matched the flex of the racquet, much like the Austrian Prestige Pro.

Virginia
02-18-2009, 01:59 AM
The Bard King's not a bad looking racquet either. One of the most expensive racquets available at the time.

plasma
02-18-2009, 02:19 AM
Yes I remeber, a lighter color and bigger head, but that same deep rich laquer porcelain irradescent enamel finish, unlike any other racquet. really good palyability. Bard had an even feeling on the string bed. Muted but with the soft European ski company touch. Obscure companies that didn't make hundred's of different models often had the best stuff...

Virginia
02-18-2009, 02:43 AM
plasma, I'm astonished by the vast number of racquets you've played with and are able to describe the characteristics of. And with such imaginative language too - I'm not only astonished but impressed as well! :)