PDA

View Full Version : pics of strung Wilson Champs Choice

lidoazndiabloboi
02-17-2009, 12:42 PM
So I recently just got a couple of packs of the Wilson Champion's Choice. I've been reading on the forums that many say that the quality of the natural gut is subpar and yellowish in color. So before I open the packs of strings, does anyone have pictures of their racquets strung with this string so i can see what it looks like. Thanks

Trevor
02-17-2009, 04:37 PM
It's been confirmed to be Babolat VS.

ag200boy
02-17-2009, 04:52 PM
It's been confirmed to be Babolat VS.

no, wilson reps have told people its VS. It is NOT VS

Federerfanguy
02-17-2009, 06:20 PM
it is top of the line wilson gut not VS
if you heard that it was turning yellow, then it was just the cow

it is very good string but only worth the money at a very high level.

I would recomend to keep the lux rough but change the gut for NXT (so close to gut that most pros cant even tell the difference)

JavierLW
02-17-2009, 06:47 PM
it is top of the line wilson gut not VS
if you heard that it was turning yellow, then it was just the cow

it is very good string but only worth the money at a very high level.

I would recomend to keep the lux rough but change the gut for NXT (so close to gut that most pros cant even tell the difference)

Oh come on! NXT does not feel anything like Natural Gut.

I can tell the difference and Im not even a pro.

Are you reading that off some Wilson promo by any chance?

Wilson Gut is made by Babolat. (it doesnt mean it's VS but it doesnt confusing it with VS is all that out there either)

The question always is whether Champion's Choice uses the best of their supply of gut, or if it's some sort of left overs. (like Tonic+ is to VS)

dcjaybutchdc
02-17-2009, 07:35 PM
based on experience, i'd say tecnifibre x-one bisphase is much closer to gut than NXT will ever be

JavierLW
02-17-2009, 08:32 PM
based on experience, i'd say tecnifibre x-one bisphase is much closer to gut than NXT will ever be

Close is a relative term....

It's debatable either way but neither are close enough to gut to even warrent mentioning and Ive used all three, a lot.....

But back to the regularly scheduled topic, the debate is whether the NG in Champion's Choice is as good as the Wilson NG, or if it's some sort of low quality stuff.

So he's asking for pictures in case somehow we can tell from that. Not sure we can, Ive seen yellowish colored gut before but Im not sure it means it's bad or not, but I know at least VS wouldnt show up like that because they would pick it out and package it as Tonic+ probably.