PDA

View Full Version : Dunlop Pro Lite 90

Tennis Dunce
02-17-2009, 02:31 PM
I found this racquet at a thriift store and paid a whopping four dollars for it. I was wondering if anyone has any information about this stick. I figured if it was a dud I'd only be out little money. It needs a new grip and string job and would it be worth it to "restore"? Thanks.

Rorsach
02-17-2009, 03:02 PM
Could you put up some pictures?

Tennis Dunce
02-17-2009, 06:51 PM
Unfortunately I'm in the process of replacing my digital camera so no pics:(

It's a real intriguing looking frame;super thin box-frame, nice azure-blue paint job, appears evenly balanced, and it really cuts through the air on serves and SW forehands. Looks circa '86, maybe '87. I'm sure the strings are the original as is the grip. I hadn't hit with a 90 sq. in. face before and I was struck by how, even with these old nylon crap strings, I was able to place the ball at will, especially my 1HBH.

Damn I wish I had a camera!

WORLDWITHINAWORLD
03-20-2012, 07:46 PM
I Have A Dunlop Pro Lite 90 Its Blue And Mine Says Graphite Ceramic At The Very Top. I Have Only Hit With It Once For A Short Time.it Seemed To Play Very Neutral. No Extra Power. It Came With Factory - Like Strings So I Cant Say If The Control Was Good.
It Did Seem To Have Potential For Being Easy On The Arm So I Will Eventually String It With A Good, Forgiving String. Then , I Can Test It More And Report On It. I Imagine It Will Play Like A More Flexible Black Max.