PDA

View Full Version : Pacific Poly Force 17

NovakWannabe
02-17-2009, 02:36 PM
I've heard really good things about this string. I use a Microgel Radical MP and I was wondering if it could be used in a full set, also at which tension?

oneguy21
02-17-2009, 03:12 PM
plays like alu power but with better tension retention.

NovakWannabe
02-17-2009, 03:13 PM
What would be a good tension to put it at? I'm thinking anywhere from 55-58 lbs. Also, is it recommended to put it in a full set or in a hybrid?

Storm_Kyori
02-17-2009, 03:27 PM
I'm also curious in getting a pack to hybrid with. I read the feedback and some pro uses this string on the same frame I use so I want to give it a try. Check my sig and tell me if you think it will be a good tension and combo, replace the mains string I have now.

AT92292
02-17-2009, 03:51 PM
It is really great Ive used it for a little while and love it. You can use it in either a full bed or a hybrid Try both. You wont regret it

mawashi
02-17-2009, 04:13 PM
Polyforce is a very nice string in that it's very low power, very good spin capabilities n very good durability. Basically it plays well till it breaks although being a poly does go dead faster than some other strings.

On the whole even though it is rather stiff, it plays great in a hybrid or full set.

55-58 lbs is a good initiall string up n depending on your arm you could do a full set or a hybrid of this and a soft but low power syn gut for some added comfort.

Storm_Kyori

As the AS is relatively stiff frame, I would say try a hybrid of Polyforce/syn gut in a 57/60

Cheers,

mawashi

NovakWannabe
02-17-2009, 04:23 PM
Thanks mawashi!

The string I have right now is Kirschbaum Super Smash 16 originally strung at 55. I say originally because it's been dead for a while now. Based off of your suggestion, I was thinking maybe Polyforce 17 mains - 59 lbs and Forten Synthetic Gut Sweet 17 - 62 or just subtract 1 lb from both mains and crosses so then it'd be 58/61.

Storm_Kyori
02-17-2009, 04:30 PM
Polyforce is a very nice string in that it's very low power, very good spin capabilities n very good durability. Basically it plays well till it breaks although being a poly does go dead faster than some other strings.

On the whole even though it is rather stiff, it plays great in a hybrid or full set.

55-58 lbs is a good initiall string up n depending on your arm you could do a full set or a hybrid of this and a soft but low power syn gut for some added comfort.

Storm_Kyori

As the AS is relatively stiff frame, I would say try a hybrid of Polyforce/syn gut in a 57/60

Cheers,

mawashi

Thanks for the headsup, but I think I'm going to try 62/60 As I have been with all my strings. I would like to compare them on an even playingfield and say later that I didn't like the strings because I wasn't used to the tension. I want to try it and if I like it enough, I will mess with the tensions respectively. I'm about to buy a set, but another Pacific string caught my eye and that was X Force. Are these 2 pretty close or worlds different compared to each other. I want to get it all in one order.

mawashi
02-17-2009, 04:33 PM
Thanks mawashi!

The string I have right now is Kirschbaum Super Smash 16 originally strung at 55. I say originally because it's been dead for a while now. Based off of your suggestion, I was thinking maybe Polyforce 17 mains - 59 lbs and Forten Synthetic Gut Sweet 17 - 62 or just subtract 1 lb from both mains and crosses so then it'd be 58/61.

Sounds like a nice combination but you could check out the data on these strings:

http://www.racquetsportsindustry.com/issues/200809/200809allstrings.html

I have some issues with TE n I can't really say how I got it but I guess it was mostly from bad technique but my arm really hurt when using polyforce so if I were you I might just go down a couple of pounds more just in case. Use the stiffness rating on that page to estimate what tension would match the feel n comfort of polyforce compared to your current string setup.

mawashi

mawashi
02-17-2009, 04:36 PM
Thanks for the headsup, but I think I'm going to try 62/60 As I have been with all my strings. I would like to compare them on an even playingfield and say later that I didn't like the strings because I wasn't used to the tension. I want to try it and if I like it enough, I will mess with the tensions respectively. I'm about to buy a set, but another Pacific string caught my eye and that was X Force. Are these 2 pretty close or worlds different compared to each other. I want to get it all in one order.

Sounds like a good experiment to try out based on your current setup. Fiddle with your string tensions more if it doesn't feel good but from the first hit you should be able to know if Polyforce is a good string for you.

Cheers,

mawashi

AT92292
02-17-2009, 07:43 PM
Pacific X Force is considered to be the worst of the Pacific polys. If you want something softer more like a Luxilon ALU but a bit softer then try Pacific Poly Force Extreme

AT92292
02-17-2009, 07:44 PM
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=178925&highlight=Pacific+Poly+Force
This thread will give you everything u need to know

Shagrath
02-18-2009, 09:19 AM
Is there really a huge difference between PolyForce & PolyForce Xtreme ? Plus, does the Polyforce really play like an Alu Power ?

Your feedbacks will really gladden me. I live in France, so PolyForce is not really common'. Nobody can give me a relevant opinion about this string !

Regards,
David

AT92292
02-18-2009, 10:26 AM
Is there really a huge difference between PolyForce & PolyForce Xtreme ? Plus, does the Polyforce really play like an Alu Power ?

Your feedbacks will really gladden me. I live in France, so PolyForce is not really common'. Nobody can give me a relevant opinion about this string !

Regards,
David

Poly Force extreme is softer than ALU even a tad softer than ALU Fluoro but has incredible tension maintenence and power. Poly Force Original is like ALU but stiffer and more control also a lot better tension maintenence. Rabbit said it played most like Luxilon TiMo but with a lot better feel and once what Pacific is all about better tension maintenence