PDA

View Full Version : Most Hated Players on both the ATP and WTA?

RoddickRulez
03-01-2005, 05:35 AM
C' mon give me some feedback
for me its
ATP:Koubek
WTA:Henin Hardenne Sharapova

lemurballs
03-01-2005, 05:57 AM
Lleyton Hewitt,Nicolas Massu

Justine Henin-Hardenne, Anastasia Myskina

USCfan
03-01-2005, 06:01 AM
Lleyton Hewitt

SMASHER
03-01-2005, 06:31 AM
Atp:hewitt
Wta: Myskina

Rabbit
03-01-2005, 08:03 AM
Greg Rusedski

swedechris
03-01-2005, 08:15 AM
my guess and hope would be hewitt .. the guy has no manners and should be getting some advice on how to be less of an a-hole.

Andy Hewitt
03-01-2005, 08:32 AM
ATP: Juan Ignacio Rodrigo Diego Del Real Chela
WTP: Sareenu Willumz

Bertchel Banks
03-01-2005, 08:41 AM
Do mean by fans, or among the players?

ATP: Hewitt
WTA: Schnyder... and whomever is dominating.

Camilio Pascual
03-01-2005, 08:47 AM
In American broadcast booths, Justine (aka "Grease Hand", "The Hand") Henin by a landslide for greasy conduct. My vote is for her, too.

Bertchel Banks
03-01-2005, 08:53 AM
But you have to love her for her fighting spirit and Gemini sun sign, hehe.

Compared to crybaby Amelie "The willaims's games are ugly and ruinous for the sport." Mauresmo, she's more likeable.

gts072
03-01-2005, 09:47 AM
Hands down its Hewitt on the ATP tour. "COME ON!!!" Such an @$$!!

lemurballs
03-01-2005, 09:57 AM
I don't hate him for his intensity, i just .... hate him.

RoddickRulez
03-01-2005, 09:58 AM
I dont hate Hewitt i just could never cheer for him

RoddickRulez
03-01-2005, 09:59 AM
there's just something about him that makes me not like him

Kaptain Karl
03-01-2005, 10:14 AM
Do you want "ever in the history of tennis?"
Or "today"?

- KK

am8622
03-01-2005, 10:31 AM
One incident that really bothered me about Hewitt was when he pointed at the linesman in the Aus Open after he thought the guy made a bad call earlier. That bothered me more than all the come ons even though they are real annoying too.

I guess one could also go back to the whole racial incident too. I guess he still denies it to this day. Probably better not to open that whole can of worms...

aj_m2009
03-01-2005, 10:40 AM
ATP: Hewitt
WTA: Henin-Hardenne, Myskina

RoddickRulez
03-01-2005, 10:42 AM
im looking more for today on the tour

joehight
03-01-2005, 11:28 AM
Isn't "hate" a little strong here? I mean let's reserve the word hate for something truly deserving of the word, like "hate to see children starving" or hate to see children being denied love and affection, or hate to see so many people being killed and maimed in Iraq and so many Israeliis and Palestinians killed and maimed. And prisoners being tortured. The list of things that truly deserve the word hate goes on and on, but I don't think tennis players should be on it.

deflori
03-01-2005, 11:47 AM
Lleyton Hewitt,Nicolas Massu

Justine Henin-Hardenne, Anastasia Myskina

is that your meaning with massu or did you read that??

I think you could go wrong,he only looks like a drugkiller;))

uNIVERSE mAN
03-01-2005, 11:57 AM
I cheer for Hewitt only when he plays Roddick or Safin.

Bertchel Banks
03-01-2005, 12:01 PM
I cheer for Hewitt only when he plays Roddick or Safin.

What do you have against Safin?

splink779
03-01-2005, 12:08 PM
Could someone tell me why Henin-Hardenne is not liked? I don't often follow the WTA but I have seen her play and she is great. I'm obviously missing something here. Thanks

wao
03-01-2005, 12:09 PM
RodDick and Serena Williams

Zverev
03-01-2005, 12:12 PM
Hewitt
Serena

aj_m2009
03-01-2005, 01:03 PM
Could someone tell me why Henin-Hardenne is not liked? I don't often follow the WTA but I have seen her play and she is great. I'm obviously missing something here. Thanks

I dislike her because she likes to screw with peoples' minds by faking injuries and doing what she did to Serena, holding up her hand and then not admitting it.

joeman957
03-01-2005, 01:41 PM
Hewitt (for his antics, although I don't hate him)
Serena/Capriatti (i hate both)

Datacipher
03-01-2005, 01:47 PM
Greg Rusedski

Good call.

Rusedski, Hewitt, Coria, Roddick....don't forget Rios, he has to be one of the all time least popular with peers. Oh and don't forget Muster, who was actually voted "most hated" one year by the players. Agassi wasn't beloved in the 1st half of his career either.

aj_m2009
03-01-2005, 01:49 PM
What is wrong with Coria and Serena? I don't get what they did.

Andy Hewitt
03-01-2005, 01:50 PM
Screw u guys! Hewitt's the best!

aj_m2009
03-01-2005, 01:53 PM

Hewitt may be a pretty good player but he acts like he is two years old. He is just really annoying.

Kaptain Karl
03-01-2005, 01:56 PM
Could someone tell me why Henin-Hardenne is not liked? (Speaking only for myself...) She has terrific strokes. But she cheats. I cannot abide cheaters.

- KK

pound cat
03-01-2005, 02:05 PM
Most disliked for players is Hewitt. (PMac, AO commentary).

Andy Hewitt
03-01-2005, 02:13 PM
There's no player to me more fun to watch than Hewitt. He tries so hard he deserves to be happy. I guess cuz i play like him, i dunno. He keeps his cool when he's losing though, but he pumps himself up when he's doin good. I get alot more mad than he does. Even Federer doesnt mind, prolly cuz he dont give Hewitt a chance to cheer lol. Oh well... i guess people like watching boring matches.

hyperwarrior
03-01-2005, 02:30 PM

You're right! He's the best to get a tons of bagels from FED.

Andy Hewitt
03-01-2005, 02:35 PM
You're right! He's the best to get a tons of bagels from FED.
Sarcasm? English? What???

Grimjack
03-01-2005, 03:00 PM
Isn't "hate" a little strong here? I mean let's reserve the word hate for something truly deserving of the word, like "hate to see children starving" or hate to see children being denied love and affection, or hate to see so many people being killed and maimed in Iraq and so many Israeliis and Palestinians killed and maimed. And prisoners being tortured. The list of things that truly deserve the word hate goes on and on, but I don't think tennis players should be on it.

I'm apathetic toward all these things. Serena, I hate.

splink779
03-01-2005, 03:27 PM
I dislike her because she likes to screw with peoples' minds by facking injuries and doing what she did to Serena, holding up her hand and then not admitting it.

Wasn't she really injury-ridden last year with some illness?

aj_m2009
03-01-2005, 03:32 PM
Sorry, I meant in '03. Against Davenport at the Aus Open, against Capriati at the US Open, and then obviously against Serena at the French.

nkhera1
03-01-2005, 04:22 PM
Hewitt because of the racist comments he made against James Blake and a black umpire one year assuming the ref gave Blake the point because of his skin color. He apologized later, but he shouldn't have said that in the first place. Plus his "Come on" comments after every point he wins are annnoying.

Williams Sisters because they never acknowledge that they lost a match, Myskina, and Kutznetova for pretty much the same reason.

tykrum
03-01-2005, 04:44 PM
I truly dislike Jennifer Capriati, just a stuck up ignorant person. Regarding nkhera1's statement about the Hewitt match, I really don't think that it was racist, I think the comment to the ref was meant to show that the same line judge was calling foot faults and had it out for him. I was at the match though, and there was a crazy amount of booing for Hewitt.

aj_m2009
03-01-2005, 04:44 PM
Williams Sisters because they never acknowledge that they lost a match, Myskina, and Kutznetova for pretty much the same reason.

I also dislike Myskina but for a different reason. I dislilke her because she dislikes Sharapova because of what her dad does and because she speaks russian with a "coarse" accent. What kind of person dislikes someone because of something there parent does? And so what if she speaks russian with an accent. I mean sue her, she lived in America pretty much her whole life.

tennisnoob
03-01-2005, 04:49 PM
In American broadcast booths, Justine (aka "Grease Hand", "The Hand") Henin by a landslide for greasy conduct. My vote is for her, too.

ATP : LLEYTON HEWITT
(His Racist remarks!)

WTA: JUSTINE HENIN & JENNIFER CAPRIATI
(Greasy conduct as mentioned above, you couldn't have described it better!)

MARIA SHARAPOVA
(For her plain outright arrogance!)

nkhera1
03-01-2005, 04:56 PM
I also dislike Myskina but for a different reason. I dislilke her because she dislikes Sharapova because of what her dad does and because she speaks russian with a "coarse" accent. What kind of person dislikes someone because of something there parent does? And so what if she speaks russian with an accent. I mean sue her, she lived in America pretty much her whole life.

Yeah i've heard about that, but to be honest with you I think Sharapova's dad is annoying as well. However, that isn't a good reason to hate someone, and Myskina is just jealous because she doesn't get half the attention or endorsements.

aj_m2009
03-01-2005, 05:06 PM
Yeah i've heard about that, but to be honest with you I think Sharapova's dad is annoying as well. However, that isn't a good reason to hate someone, and Myskina is just jealous because she doesn't get half the attention or endorsements.

He is annoying but still. And she probably is jealous, I really wouldn't put it past her.

Phil
03-01-2005, 05:23 PM

I agree, Joe, that hate is a little strong, but this IS a tennis board. If we were talking politics/international affairs, then yeah, the word would have more currencty vis a vis Iraq or terrorism. But this is a small, self-centered little community here-we play and follow tennis, for goshsakes, so you have to take this in perspective for all but a few goofballs.

Having said that, I don't "hate" any players, but there are a few current ones that ANNOY the heck out of me, or that I dislike. In no particular order they are: Hewitt, Sharapova, Capriati, Henin-Hardene, Rusedski, Coria and Agassi. My alternate would be JC Ferraro (only because he has some physical ailment excuse everytime he loses a match, but generally he's not so bad-just needs to crack a smile once in a while).

Haka Boy
03-01-2005, 05:49 PM
I "dislike"

Hewitt...too many reasons to list but immature, bad sportsmanship, racism, intimidation tactics shown to opponents and linesmen are among the many I could list. I would love to see how he fared in life without continually hiding/surrounding himself behind his parents and various hanger ons.

Serena ....for having the BIGGEST ego, the worst "bad loser" I've ever seen & the only tennis player able to turn a simple media interview into a fashion publicity stunt for her own self promoting purposes.

tennissavy
03-01-2005, 05:55 PM
Roddick and Agassi are at the top of male pros I dislike intensely. Roddick often fakes injuries when losing and feels free to open a fresh mouth whenever he wants.

For the WTA- Serena Williams is horrible. I have one thing positive to say though- When she was winning all the grand slams consecutively, she did not make a lot of errors and I liked the way she played and competed. However, I always want her to lose because she has always been rude, trashy, and a phony. I will NEVER forgive her for refusing to shake Mary Jo Fernandez's hand at the Roland Garros. The whole crowd booed her as well as moi. Good win for sweet Mary Jo

aj_m2009
03-01-2005, 06:05 PM
What is wrong with Agassi?

joeman957
03-01-2005, 06:35 PM
Yeah really, only a jerk would hate Andre Agassi.

aj_m2009
03-01-2005, 06:39 PM
I don't necessarily think that but I don't get what Agassi did. I don't get what Coria did either.

Bertchel Banks
03-01-2005, 07:34 PM
I'm apathetic toward all these things. Serena, I hate.

Is it the short dresses? the Serena Slam?, or the erie feeling that in an oven somewhere in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida, USA there's a bagel with Sharapova's name on it? Scary uh? I know.

2004 Wimbledon Final. At 4-4 in the 2nd set, Serena comes in on an approach shot, but fumbles the volley. Distraught, she falls to her knees backing the Pap'razi. From this crouching position Serena shot-up butt first; her frilly mini was blow back, her barely there undie was in clear view, and lulu, lulu was in bold print...1-Mississippi, 2-Mississippi...NBC switches cameras.

So you see Grimjack, it's not Serena's fault, she delivered, it was NBC that spoiled your fun.

Cuzza
03-01-2005, 07:53 PM
The Williams Sisters for the reasons that Haka Boy mentioned.

Bertchel Banks
03-01-2005, 08:01 PM
Serena ....for having the BIGGEST ego, the worst "bad loser" I've ever seen & the only tennis player able to turn a simple media interview into a fashion publicity stunt for her own self promoting purposes.

You have to admit that it takes a special talent to turn a five-question pen and paper Q&A into a media event to launch your own haircare, skincare and lingerie lines. Impressive, no?

Grimjack
03-01-2005, 08:03 PM
Is it the short dresses? the Serena Slam?, or the erie feeling that in an oven somewhere in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida, USA there's a bagel with Sharapova's name on it? Scary uh? I know.

2004 Wimbledon Final. At 4-4 in the 2nd set, Serena comes in on an approach shot, but fumbles the volley. Distraught, she falls to her knees backing the Pap'razi. From this crouching position Serena shot-up butt first; her frilly mini was blow back, her barely there undie was in clear view, and lulu, lulu was in bold print...1-Mississippi, 2-Mississippi...NBC switches cameras.

So you see Grimjack, it's not Serena's fault, she delivered, it was NBC that spoiled your fun.

The last thing I want is an up-skirt Serena shot. I'm not entirely convinced it'd be all female equipment up there.

Bertchel Banks
03-01-2005, 08:10 PM
The last thing I want is an up-skirt Serena shot. I'm not entirely convinced it'd be all female equipment up there.

We all saw the 2002 USO Catsuit, there were no unsightly bulges.

Oh, and you should take a look at my "Serena Auditions for Basic Instinct II" thread. I promise, no up-skirt shots.

Federer Admirer
03-01-2005, 08:14 PM
ATP: lleyton (aka *****hole) stephank, hrbaty
WTA: schnyder, serena

TheNatural
03-01-2005, 08:57 PM
I think the ballboys would dislike Agassi the most, because he's a bit too fussy about where they get to stand. He should ease down a bit and not be so fastidious about where they stand.

TheNatural
03-01-2005, 09:01 PM
why do people dislike schnyder- what did I miss?

rhubarb
03-02-2005, 12:37 AM
Are you talking about who the fans hate or who the players hate?

I really don't see why people dislike Lleyton. Off-court he seems a very nice chap.

aj_m2009
03-02-2005, 12:41 AM
Are you talking about who the fans hate or who the players hate?

I really don't see why people dislike Lleyton. Off-court he seems a very nice chap.

I don't really know what Hewitt acts like off court so I base my disliking of him on what he does on court.

joehight
03-02-2005, 05:26 AM
My alternate would be JC Ferraro (only because he has some physical ailment excuse everytime he loses a match, but generally he's not so bad-just needs to crack a smile once in a while).

Yeah, it is annoying when a player who loses offers up all kinds of excuses like my "abdominal" muscles were hurting, or "I really couldn't serve because my back was bothering me" or whatever. I notice it more and more from the pros. Whatever happened to just congratulating your opponent for playing good tennis?

I get this at the club all the time. What's even worse is when they beat you and then say, "I really wasn't playing well, because of ..." I mean that's an insult, they just beat you, dam it.

A Defenseless Creature
03-02-2005, 06:00 AM
Agree, Hewitt on the ATP side and probably Serena on the WTA side.

Tenny
03-02-2005, 11:30 AM
Why some of you hate these ppl? Not that I disagree, I just don't know well about them.

1. Muster
2. Rios
3. Schnyder

Thanks

HewittSuckz
03-02-2005, 01:39 PM
Hands down Lleyton Hewitt is the most hateable person on tour. The guy has no respect, no manners and just an all around punk. I would have given anything to have seen Blake or my main boy Roddick have taken him out at the AO.

danniflava
03-02-2005, 01:42 PM
Mauresmo. Sharapova. Henin-Hardenne. Kuznetsova.

RealityPolice
03-02-2005, 03:12 PM
For the WTA- Serena Williams is horrible. I have one thing positive to say though- When she was winning all the grand slams consecutively, she did not make a lot of errors and I liked the way she played and competed. However, I always want her to lose because she has always been rude, trashy, and a phony. I will NEVER forgive her for refusing to shake Mary Jo Fernandez's hand at the Roland Garros. The whole crowd booed her as well as moi. Good win for sweet Mary Jo

Admittedly, I've been on and off tennis for several years now, but I don't recall this. Details?

RealityPolice
03-02-2005, 03:15 PM
Can we keep the "hate" talk to a minimum, please? I know it's de rigeur in sports forums, but....

Don't know any of the players personally, so I don't feel it fair to "hate" or even "dislike" them. If you're talking about "who is disliked among his/her peers," that's a different story. :)

Aykhan Mammadov
03-02-2005, 03:32 PM
I really don't have hate to anybody in ATP or WTA. Reason: simply I'm not familiar personally with anybody there.

Kaptain Karl
03-02-2005, 07:30 PM
Can we keep the "hate" talk to a minimum, please? I know it's de rigeur in sports forums, but....I hate do-gooder, touchy-feely, PC, smack. Lighten up, RP.

- KK

Andy Hewitt
03-02-2005, 08:41 PM
Hewitt is reason i look forward to every grandslam!!!! YEAH!!!! I wish I could go to all his matches and talk all dat with him!! Be all like F THAT UMP! Cant bring that S*** THAT UP IN HERE!! Oh man i hope he plays in Cincinnati again :D !

At what point do the guards kick u out?

Haka Boy
03-02-2005, 08:52 PM
I think Hewitt should be kicked out well ahead of you Andy :)

federmann
03-03-2005, 12:35 AM
i guess you all are gonna mob me, because:

ATP: BY FAR!!!! Roger Federer (most dislikable and arrogant person on tour)
WTA: Conchita Martinez (can't believe how it's possible to move her body
even the little bit she does, or better tries to)

Tahsin1982
03-03-2005, 03:01 AM
From reading some of his interviews, I have to agree that Roger is very arrogant but with the level he is playing :-| .

ATP: Hewitt, Spadea and coria
WTA: Sharapnova, Navratalova

ATP: BY FAR!!!! Roger Federer (most dislikable and arrogant person on tour)
WTA: Conchita Martinez (can't believe how it's possible to move her body
even the little bit she does, or better tries to)

Kaptain Karl
03-03-2005, 04:07 AM
** Troll Alert? **

ATP: BY FAR!!!! Roger Federer (most dislikable and arrogant person on tour)Looking at your screen name I say, "Color me suspicious."

- KK

federmann
03-03-2005, 04:59 AM
** Troll Alert? **

Looking at your screen name I say, "Color me suspicious."

- KK
my screen name has got nothing to do with the person of roger federer, but with my real name. i'm not able to help it.

hotdimsim
03-04-2005, 02:28 AM
I dont hate anyone in the ATP. I can understand why everyone doesnt like hewitt...but i love him, so there. He does go to far sometimes. I think he will become some what of an agassi, not liked for his flamboyance and antics at his younger years, but now loved by all, go figure.

i absolutely hate the williams sisters. They are so arrogant and self important. they think they are gods gift to tennis. After Molik beat Venus at the Oz Open this year, and then Venus saying she lost it, molik didnt win it, well. SERENA IS A CRAP DESIGNER. there i said it.

Oh, and Sharapova, only for the grunting.

jonas-the-ball-basher
03-04-2005, 03:32 AM
I don't like Coria either, but Hewitt is a lot worse.
I was so glad Gaudio beat him at the French Open last year!

verdasco67
03-04-2005, 04:38 AM
Hewitt may be a pretty good player but he acts like he is two years old. He is just really annoying.

Agreed.

ATP: Lleyton Hewitt
WTA: Serena Williams

verdasco67
03-04-2005, 04:38 AM
I don't like Coria either, but Hewitt is a lot worse.
I was so glad Gaudio beat him at the French Open last year!

Why dont you like Coria?

tennisadict
03-04-2005, 12:27 PM
serena the crap catwoman

127 mph
03-04-2005, 07:55 PM
ANDY RODDICK

Venus and Serena

PugArePeopleToo
03-04-2005, 09:05 PM
No one on the ATP now, few years back Jeff Tarango.
WTA, JHH