PDA

View Full Version : How to hold a continental grip when serving?

crystal_clear
02-17-2009, 08:20 PM
I start with continental grip and then kind of SLIP BACK to Eastern - SW grip when finishing serve. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Djokovicfan4life
02-17-2009, 08:23 PM
Used to have the same problem myself. Try wrapping your thumb around the grip to insure that you stay in the continental grip.

Matt

Bud
02-17-2009, 08:29 PM
I start with continental grip and then kind of SLIP BACK to Eastern - SW grip when finishing serve. Any suggestions? Thanks.

How you switch between 3 grips during the very quick action of a serve is beyond me.

If you can't seem to control it... place the racquet into your hand in a continental grip and securely tape with duct tape. It will then be impossible to change grips and you can also relax your fingers and wrist a bit... which is also proper serving technique.

crystal_clear
02-17-2009, 08:51 PM
Used to have the same problem myself. Try wrapping your thumb around the grip to insure that you stay in the continental grip.

Matt

I saw many recreation players have the same problem.

crystal_clear
02-17-2009, 08:54 PM
How you switch between 3 grips during the very quick action of a serve is beyond me.

Only two grip. Ending with non-continental grip.

If you can't seem to control it... place the racquet into your hand in a continental grip and securely tape with duct tape. It will then be impossible to change grips and you can also relax your fingers and wrist a bit... which is also proper serving technique.
You mean people really use tape to glue their fingers?

Bud
02-17-2009, 09:27 PM

You said the grips were continental to eastern to semi-western... by my count, that is three grips.

Bud
02-17-2009, 09:28 PM

Not usually... but then most people don't subconsciously slip into alternate grips when serving.

The tape will ensure that your grip WILL NOT change. If you can change grips with a duct taped hand... there's no hope for ya! :)

Zeppy
02-17-2009, 09:38 PM

I don't know either but it does happen. I've witnessed a friend of mine starting on continental and finishing on semi-western when he was done serving.

I think people naturally slip back into their usual forehand grip before they swing at the ball.

RoddickAce
02-17-2009, 10:07 PM
It took me some time to correct that >_>, it felt REALLY unnatural at first. But I just kept practicing and slightly modified my grip closer and closer to a continental grip as I practiced with each modified grip more and more to the point where my grip kind of edges towards the eastern backhand grip.

Zeppy
02-17-2009, 10:19 PM
It took me some time to correct that >_>, it felt REALLY unnatural at first. But I just kept practicing and slightly modified my grip closer and closer to a continental grip as I practiced with each modified grip more and more to the point where my grip kind of edges towards the eastern backhand grip.

Progression. Nice. That's one way to do learn to keep your grip at continental.

I think I just forced myself onto continental and got used to it that way.

larry10s
02-18-2009, 04:57 AM
practice serving with a BACKHAND grip. then youll slip into continental

origmarm
02-18-2009, 05:10 AM
Initially I remember it as painful but you just have to grip a little harder I would think to prevent the "slip" as such and deal with the uncomfortable feeling at the beginning. Once you get used to the relative position of your hand through the motion you should be able to relax your grip again.

larry10s
02-18-2009, 09:57 AM
another suggestion. if you get into continental grip and slide your hand up the racquet to above the grip handle you will be grabbing the racquet by the frame. parctice serving holding the frame getting used to the swingpath and pronation. the frame is not rounded like the handle so you are less likely to slip. i would guess you like the feel of hitting the ball flatter and a more forehand grip lets you more easily acheive this. but it is a flawed technique and will prevent you from developing a slice anfd topspin serve done the road.learning the correct internal rotation of your arm and pronating will get you that "flat feel" and ultimately a much more powerful serve than you have now.

LeeD
02-18-2009, 09:58 AM
Hit many, many more serves with the continental and using a NEW overgrip or tacky new grip.
RELAX your hand so you barely hold onto the racket during the swing, so you don't add pressure and adjust the grip.

ronalditop
02-18-2009, 10:44 AM
try using a tacky OG, and if that doesnt solve your problem, then maybe the grip is a little small for you.

that happened to me the other day and it was cause my supergrap OG was very worn out and slippery, so i put a new one and problem solved.

Sublime
02-18-2009, 11:08 AM
Maybe you're hitting badly off center. Work on attacking the ball with the edge of your frame as this will become the center of your string bed when your forearm pronates.

JavierLW
02-18-2009, 01:38 PM

I think cc means that from serve to serve it gradually changes, not that it changes during the serve itself.

It sounds like more of a matter where it's reverting to something that's comfortable. That's easy to do as a match gets involved or tight, and your mind isnt so much on your grip anymore but what you may need to do in order to win this point or that point.

Like LeeD said (if that's what he said, I dont have my ruler or protractor with me today), practice, practice, practice until the continental grip is the one that you are the most comfortable with.

CoachingMastery
02-18-2009, 05:06 PM
When players serve, during the backswing, the player loses conscious control of the grip as focus moves to the tossed ball. If the player's natural or more familiar grip is the eastern forehand, (or anything else), they will usually make the grip change at the full collapse of the racquet on the backswing.

One tip I've used to help players keep from doing this is to hold a dime in the palm in different places and serve. If the player changes grips, the dime will usually fall out.

Also, try being conscious of your little finger during the backswing. By squeezing it and feeling it, you won't change your grip.

Good luck.

mawashi
02-18-2009, 08:52 PM
My coach taught me to try n stay loose n to even try to serve using 3 - 4 fingers. That way I don't try to tense up n force my way through the serve. Prevents me from changing my grip too.

mawashi

Bud
02-18-2009, 10:49 PM

I think cc means that from serve to serve it gradually changes, not that it changes during the serve itself.

It sounds like more of a matter where it's reverting to something that's comfortable. That's easy to do as a match gets involved or tight, and your mind isnt so much on your grip anymore but what you may need to do in order to win this point or that point.

Like LeeD said (if that's what he said, I dont have my ruler or protractor with me today), practice, practice, practice until the continental grip is the one that you are the most comfortable with.

We'll let the OP answer this for clarification. However, it's not uncommon for some lower-level players to start their serve with a continental grip and end up using an eastern grip to strike the ball. Somewhere during the serve motion they rotate the racquet.

crystal_clear
02-19-2009, 08:00 AM
I don't know either but it does happen. I've witnessed a friend of mine starting on continental and finishing on semi-western when he was done serving.

I think people naturally slip back into their usual forehand grip before they swing at the ball.
That's me.:)

crystal_clear
02-19-2009, 08:02 AM

I felt so uncomfortable with the right grip. Well, practise make perfect.

crystal_clear
02-19-2009, 08:05 AM
practice serving with a BACKHAND grip. then youll slip into continental

I use two handed backhand.:(

crystal_clear
02-19-2009, 08:10 AM
Initially I remember it as painful but you just have to grip a little harder I would think to prevent the "slip" as such and deal with the uncomfortable feeling at the beginning. Once you get used to the relative position of your hand through the motion you should be able to relax your grip again.

En, no pain no gain.:(

crystal_clear
02-19-2009, 08:14 AM
another suggestion. if you get into continental grip and slide your hand up the racquet to above the grip handle you will be grabbing the racquet by the frame. parctice serving holding the frame getting used to the swingpath and pronation. the frame is not rounded like the handle so you are less likely to slip. i would guess you like the feel of hitting the ball flatter and a more forehand grip lets you more easily acheive this. but it is a flawed technique and will prevent you from developing a slice anfd topspin serve done the road.learning the correct internal rotation of your arm and pronating will get you that "flat feel" and ultimately a much more powerful serve than you have now.
A good idea~ It is hard for me to hit flat serves with non-continental grip.

Sublime
02-19-2009, 08:28 AM
I felt so uncomfortable with the right grip. Well, practise make perfect.

Hold the racquet in a continental grip and reach your hand/racket in the air over your head. Don't think about how the racket is facing or anything, just put your arm in the air.

That is the natural orientation of your hand and racket face at impact. If you don't think about pronating, this is what your racket face will look like. Now here's the key to making this feel natural and right. Turn your body (ie move your feet) so that the racket face is facing where you want to hit the ball.

Take note of the direction your shoulders and chest are facing. This is the orientation to the net you want at contact. For me that means my shoulder is roughly pointing at my target. Pull your racket back (not all the way to racket drop, but back) and hit a couple. Don't bend your knees or rotate your shoulders much... just try and get comfortable with the grip, swing, and understanding where the ball will go. This will make you comfortable with the grip. At least it really helped me. Now I feel awkward if I'm at the service line and the racket is not in a continental or eastern backhand.

When you're hitting your serve you'll load by rotating back away from this orientation to the net and you'll rotate past this position on follow through, but that orientation you were in is where you want to be at contact.

As you get more comfortable, you can adjust this and add some snap to your wrist and your pronation, but as you've probably already noticed pronation is going to happen naturally.

origmarm
02-19-2009, 08:35 AM
When players serve, during the backswing, the player loses conscious control of the grip as focus moves to the tossed ball. If the player's natural or more familiar grip is the eastern forehand, (or anything else), they will usually make the grip change at the full collapse of the racquet on the backswing.

One tip I've used to help players keep from doing this is to hold a dime in the palm in different places and serve. If the player changes grips, the dime will usually fall out.

Also, try being conscious of your little finger during the backswing. By squeezing it and feeling it, you won't change your grip.

Good luck.

Thanks for the post Dave, never thought of exactly when the grip changes but it makes sense.

crystal_clear
02-19-2009, 09:03 AM
Hit many, many more serves with the continental and using a NEW overgrip or tacky new grip.
RELAX your hand so you barely hold onto the racket during the swing, so you don't add pressure and adjust the grip.

try using a tacky OG, and if that doesnt solve your problem, then maybe the grip is a little small for you.

that happened to me the other day and it was cause my supergrap OG was very worn out and slippery, so i put a new one and problem solved.
Never try tacky grip before.

crystal_clear
02-19-2009, 09:14 AM
Maybe you're hitting badly off center. Work on attacking the ball with the edge of your frame as this will become the center of your string bed when your forearm pronates.

Hit with edge of the frame then try forearm pronate... That's a good practice.

crystal_clear
02-19-2009, 09:15 AM

practice, practice, practice...:)

crystal_clear
02-19-2009, 09:32 AM

Ha, It happens during backswing... I don't even know when. I change grip when serve.

An Interesting idea~ I got to try this.

Good luck.
squeezing my little finger...I got to try this.

crystal_clear
02-19-2009, 09:34 AM
We'll let the OP answer this for clarification. However, it's not uncommon for some lower-level players to start their serve with a continental grip and end up using an eastern grip to strike the ball. Somewhere during the serve motion they rotate the racquet.
Who is OP?

Djokovicfan4life
02-19-2009, 09:40 AM
Original Poster.

thejoe
02-19-2009, 09:46 AM
I used to have this problem, and I tried the thumb-wrapping technique and it seemed to work.

Nice avatar Matt. I used to have that as a poster on my wall.

crystal_clear
02-19-2009, 11:30 AM
I used to have this problem, and I tried the thumb-wrapping technique and it seemed to work.

Nice avatar Matt. I used to have that as a poster on my wall.
What is thumb-wrapping technique? use duct tape for wrapping the thumb?

Fay
02-19-2009, 11:37 AM
My continental just favors an eastern BH.... I found where the butt on the racquet would fit in my palm and not move. Different racquet manufacturers make the shape of the handle and the butt differently ... I tried different demo racquets until I found which allowed my hand to stay where I wanted it.

I do not recommend taping your hand to the racquet (maybe the poster was joking) ... a pianist tried to tape the 4th finger out of his way and had to have it amputated.

crystal_clear
02-19-2009, 11:53 AM
My continental just favors an eastern BH.... I found where the butt on the racquet would fit in my palm and not move. Different racquet manufacturers make the shape of the handle and the butt differently ... I tried different demo racquets until I found which allowed my hand to stay where I wanted it.

I didn't know there are different butts...

I do not recommend taping your hand to the racquet (maybe the poster was joking) ... a pianist tried to tape the 4th finger out of his way and had to have it amputated.
LOL~ that is a good one.:)

Fay
02-19-2009, 11:58 AM
I didn't know there are different butts...

I took out a ton of demos, every brand I could get my hands on ... I have a small broad muscular hand with short fingers and the slight differences in the handles made a huge difference ... and Prince was the only brand that didn't have bulk where the muscles in my hand are ... Wilson and some had "too much stuff" and dug in my hand. I remember, I think it was Yonex that has a more octagon shape, but it might have been another.

When you get the racquet the feels right, I think you'll know right away after using a lot of 'em. Good luck

crystal_clear
02-19-2009, 12:37 PM
Hold the racquet in a continental grip and reach your hand/racket in the air over your head. Don't think about how the racket is facing or anything, just put your arm in the air.

That is the natural orientation of your hand and racket face at impact. If you don't think about pronating, this is what your racket face will look like. Now here's the key to making this feel natural and right. Turn your body (ie move your feet) so that the racket face is facing where you want to hit the ball.

Take note of the direction your shoulders and chest are facing. This is the orientation to the net you want at contact. For me that means my shoulder is roughly pointing at my target. Pull your racket back (not all the way to racket drop, but back) and hit a couple. Don't bend your knees or rotate your shoulders much... just try and get comfortable with the grip, swing, and understanding where the ball will go. This will make you comfortable with the grip. At least it really helped me. Now I feel awkward if I'm at the service line and the racket is not in a continental or eastern backhand.

When you're hitting your serve you'll load by rotating back away from this orientation to the net and you'll rotate past this position on follow through, but that orientation you were in is where you want to be at contact.

As you get more comfortable, you can adjust this and add some snap to your wrist and your pronation, but as you've probably already noticed pronation is going to happen naturally.

try serve motion in the air without a ball to get used to the NEW UNNATIONAL UNCOMFORTABLE OWKWARD grip... good advice.

thejoe
02-19-2009, 12:38 PM
What is thumb-wrapping technique? use duct tape for wrapping the thumb?

I don't mean with tape, I mean just make sure you are gripping the back of the racquet with the thumb to stop it slipping. Sometimes the thumb would be loose, causing the grip to slip.

LeeD
02-19-2009, 12:43 PM
Seems to me, just more serve practice..
I have the same problem on the lefty flat out wide on duece court. I sometimes unconciously let the grip slip from conti to east forehand during the backswing, and the serve always goes well wide.
Tried to cure it by S/V'ing, worked.
Tried to cure it by THINKING... worked also.
Thought I had it figured out... NOPE... on stress points, when I'm thinking strategy and focusing on my own game, it still slips!
More practice.

Fay
02-20-2009, 09:43 AM

Wow! how eloquently stated ... outstanding advice !

Sublime
02-20-2009, 12:24 PM
Wow! how eloquently stated ... outstanding advice !

I try... if I can give back little from what I've leeched from here, so be it :)

crystal_clear
02-20-2009, 01:37 PM
I took out a ton of demos, every brand I could get my hands on ... I have a small broad muscular hand with short fingers and the slight differences in the handles made a huge difference ... and Prince was the only brand that didn't have bulk where the muscles in my hand are ... Wilson and some had "too much stuff" and dug in my hand. I remember, I think it was Yonex that has a more octagon shape, but it might have been another.

When you get the racquet the feels right, I think you'll know right away after using a lot of 'em. Good luck

I have a brilliant idea and it could be a million dollar business. :D

Manufacturer could design a racquet suits for SW forehand (or other grips) and continental serve grip. People can use the special racquet with natural holding to learn new grip.

halalula1234
02-21-2009, 03:53 AM
i had this problem before as well. When i first change service grip from eastern to conti. I started with conti and hit the ball with conti but the follow through kinda twists a bit to extreme-conti kinda grip. So i did like what the larry guy said i start a little more to the Bh so as it hit and finishes it will be conti.

Lotto
02-21-2009, 04:02 AM
Basically just hit hundreds of balls with the grip, focusing just on the grip and technique and trying to get the ball in obviously but not worrying about the outcome. It will begin to become more and more natural as you keep practicing it.

larry10s
02-21-2009, 05:02 AM
I use two handed backhand.:(

you can learn what a one handed backhand grip is (index knuckle on #1 bavel, heel pad on #1 bevel) and start with that grip to serve.

Stroke
02-21-2009, 06:00 AM

Manufacture could design a racquet suits for SW forehand (or other grips) and continental serve grip. People can use the special racquet with natural holding to learn new grip.

One product that is out there is called a Power V Grip. It really accentuates and really forces one to use a strong continental grip(on serves, and volleys and overheads for that matter). What I mean by this is with this Power V Grip product, one can really feel a very distinct continental grip. It is also good for the SW and western FH.

crystal_clear
02-21-2009, 07:59 PM
you can learn what a one handed backhand grip is (index knuckle on #1 bavel, heel pad on #1 bevel) and start with that grip to serve.
Eastern backhand like this ?
http://www.tennisgeometrics.com/Eastern_backhand_Tennis.html

crystal_clear
02-21-2009, 08:08 PM
One product that is out there is called a Power V Grip. It really accentuates and really forces one to use a strong continental grip(on serves, and volleys and overheads for that matter). What I mean by this is with this Power V Grip product, one can really feel a very distinct continental grip. It is also good for the SW and western FH.

Wow, it is already in the market. I was late. :(:)

It is very good for beginners to learn the right grip.
http://www.tennisgeometrics.com/

crystal_clear
02-22-2009, 05:10 PM
Did anyone try the Power V grip?

http://www.tennisgeometrics.com/attach_tennis.html

larry10s
02-23-2009, 10:01 AM
Eastern backhand like this ?
http://www.tennisgeometrics.com/Eastern_backhand_Tennis.html
http://www.fuzzyyellowballs.com/videos/index.php/view/945/261/Tennis_One_Handed_Backhand_Grip

larry10s
02-23-2009, 10:03 AM
to best describe a grip i beleive you need to know where the index knuckle and heel pad are placed.. the link above wil hamilton is a lefty. he diagrams the righty view . at the end he shows another way to find the backhand grip but does it as a lefty . you would have reverse what he shows if you are a righty

Stroke
02-23-2009, 10:50 AM
Did anyone try the Power V grip?

http://www.tennisgeometrics.com/attach_tennis.html

I use the Power V grip and I can tell you very strongly that it puts your hand in a very strong continental grip, which is great for serving once you get used to and adjust to it. I read on the website(Ed who offers this product) states that most folks who initially use this grip hit the ball into the net. Most of us who think we are serving with a strong continental grip will get somewhat of a wake up call with this continental grip. Of course, this probably will not apply to 4.5+ rated players.

Tim Tennis
02-24-2009, 05:08 AM

Manufacturer could design a racquet suits for SW forehand (or other grips) and continental serve grip. People can use the special racquet with natural holding to learn new grip.

Hello Crystal Clear, Well, that is what I thought too, LOL, but it has not worked out that way. There is a lot of resistence to change, especially when it applies to the tennis racquet handle. I have had a lot of fun with it and have gotten to meet a lot of nice people personally and through e-mails/posts from customers, like Stroke.

Just a few quick comments, IMO the bevels 2 (Continental) and 4 (Semi-Western) are too small to place the knuckle on the base of your index finger on. As a result they do not give you a good frame of reference and do not provide the needed leverage to support the swing paths of these GREAT GRIPS. The PVGs correct this deficiency.

Stroke uses the original PVG which will cause most people to close their racquet face slightly on both the Continental and the Semi-Western grip. We have come out with a less aggressive design that is smaller and keeps the bevel angles about the same yet still provides the same benefits as the original, the new Power V Grip II. It is a lot easier for people to use and you can attach it underneath the grip your racquet came with.

Best regards,

ED
President

Tennis Geometrics
http://www.tennisgeometrics.com

Tim Tennis
02-24-2009, 05:16 AM
I use the Power V grip and I can tell you very strongly that it puts your hand in a very strong continental grip, which is great for serving once you get used to and adjust to it. I read on the website(Ed who offers this product) states that most folks who initially use this grip hit the ball into the net. Most of us who think we are serving with a strong continental grip will get somewhat of a wake up call with this continental grip. Of course, this probably will not apply to 4.5+ rated players.

Stroke, excellent comments. I will say that a lot of very advanced players go through the same exprience of drawing the ball into the net when they first use the original PVG, but it does not take them long to make slight adjustments in their mechanics to take advantage of the additional leverage and traction.

Stroke, thanks for your support and interest, good to hear from you.

Best regards,

Ed

CoachingMastery
02-24-2009, 06:34 AM
Hello Crystal Clear, Well, that is what I thought too, LOL, but it has not worked out that way. There is a lot of resistence to change, especially when it applies to the tennis racquet handle. I have had a lot of fun with it and have gotten to meet a lot of nice people personally and through e-mails/posts from customers, like Stroke.

Just a few quick comments, IMO the bevels 2 (Continental) and 4 (Semi-Western) are too small to place the knuckle on the base of your index finger on. As a result they do not give you a good frame of reference and do not provide the needed leverage to support the swing paths of these GREAT GRIPS. The PVGs correct this deficiency.

Stroke uses the original PVG which will cause most people to close their racquet face slightly on both the Continental and the Semi-Western grip. We have come out with a less aggressive design that is smaller and keeps the bevel angles about the same yet still provides the same benefits as the original, the new Power V Grip II. It is a lot easier for people to use and you can attach it underneath the grip your racquet came with.

Best regards,

ED
President

Tennis Geometrics

Ed is correct in this observation and solution. I've used his Power Grip on many demo racquets to help students feel the continental grip...and to correct a habit of changing grips. It works and helps players gain a perception of what the grip feels like, how their hand interacts witht the grip and racquet, and helps them build an affinity to the continental grip as well as other elements related to the grip.

larry10s
02-24-2009, 06:52 AM

Best regards,

ED
President

Tennis Geometrics

with all due respect almost every great player has no problem finding and staying on bevel 2 or 4 with their index knuckle. is your device designed to be a teaching aid or a permanent addition to a persons racquet?

Stroke
02-24-2009, 07:11 AM
with all due respect almost every great player has no problem finding and staying on bevel 2 or 4 with their index knuckle. is your device designed to be a teaching aid or a permanent addition to a persons racquet?

It can be both. I personally liked it so much I have stayed with it permanently, but at the very least, as Dave pointed out, it can be a very eye opening teaching tool. To me, grip changes are much more defined and precise with the Power V grip. Very advanced players are already precise with their grip changes, not so much with a lot of us though. This product is very far from some kind of gimmick.

Tim Tennis
02-24-2009, 08:23 AM

Hi Larry, thanks for your input. Good point. I would answer that by agreeing but I would add that IMO, they got to that level of play not because of the shape of the handle but in spite of it. After hours and hours of practice, the muscle memory, feel of the pressure points that make each grip unique will become ingrained. Why not make the learning process easier for the average tennis player to master and have fun with learning new grips and moving their hand better on the handle. I am not too sure that a lot of today's pros don't modify their handle to some extent. The great Rod Laver was know for his handle modifications. I watch Andy Roddick and sometimes I swear it looks like bevel 2 and 4 have been built up to some extent. If a professional puts lead tape on bevel 3, this in itself will increase the size of up bevel 2 and 4, interesting, you never know.

Teaching aid, teaching aid, oh my gosh. When I came out with the PVG it was never meant to be a teaching aid. Obviously, because it does provide a great frame of reference for each grip, it is a great teaching aid. To me the PVGs improve the overall functionality of the handle. It you can move your hand more accurately on the handle, if you have enhanced leverage and traction, if you play better tennis, why in the world would you ever want to take it off? IT IS LEGAL FOR PLAY ON ALL LEVELS.

Larry, thanks again for your input.

Ed
Tennis Geometrics

Tim Tennis
02-24-2009, 08:31 AM
Ed is correct in this observation and solution. I've used his Power Grip on many demo racquets to help students feel the continental grip...and to correct a habit of changing grips. It works and helps players gain a perception of what the grip feels like, how their hand interacts witht the grip and racquet, and helps them build an affinity to the continental grip as well as other elements related to the grip.

Hello David Smith,

Good to hear from you. Thanks for your comments.

Ed
Tennis Geometrics

Stroke
02-24-2009, 08:41 AM
Hi Larry, thanks for your input. Good point. I would answer that by agreeing but I would add that IMO, they got to that level of play not because of the shape of the handle but in spite of it. After hours and hours of practice, the muscle memory, feel of the pressure points that make each grip unique will become ingrained. Why not make the learning process easier for the average tennis player to master and have fun with learning new grips and moving their hand better on the handle. I am not too sure that a lot of today's pros don't modify their handle to some extent. The great Rod Laver was know for his handle modifications. I watch Andy Roddick and sometimes I swear it looks like bevel 2 and 4 have been built up to some extent. If a professional puts lead tape on bevel 3, this in itself will increase the size of up bevel 2 and 4, interesting, you never know.

Teaching aid, teaching aid, oh my gosh. When I came out with the PVG it was never meant to be a teaching aid. Obviously, because it does provide a great frame of reference for each grip, it is a great teaching aid. To me the PVGs improve the overall functionality of the handle. It you can move your hand more accurately on the handle, if you have enhanced leverage and traction, if you play better tennis, why in the world would you ever want to take it off? IT IS LEGAL FOR PLAY ON ALL LEVELS.

Larry, thanks again for your input.

Ed
Tennis Geometrics

I totally agree Ed. I cannot see any up side at all for taking it off the racquet once one has come to appreciate what it can do for one's game.

crystal_clear
02-25-2009, 08:34 AM

Best regards,

ED
President

Tennis Geometrics

Hi ED,

I am interested in getting one to try. I have small hands and I use racquet handle size 2 1/8. If I get a PVGs wrapped under the grip, will the handle become too big for me to hold? Are there any stores I can buy from in Toronto or the online purchase is the only way?

Thanks,

Tim Tennis
02-25-2009, 12:17 PM
Hi ED,

I am interested in getting one to try. I have small hands and I use racquet handle size 2 1/8. If I get a PVGs wrapped under the grip, will the handle become too big for me to hold? Are there any stores I can buy from in Toronto or the online purchase is the only way?

Thanks,

Thanks for your interest.

It will increase the size of the handle slightly. That is a very common question. Because the handle fits better in your hand, you probably won't even notice the increase in size.

You can't get it in stores, on line purchase is the only way. The shipping and handling charge is the same for Canada as it is in the USA, only $4.00, no matter how many you order.

If you do decide to try one I would highly recommend the new Power V Grip II and that you order a roll of tape.

Practice and experiment, I think you will be surprised at the difference it will make in the spin/action you can impart to the ball. YOU WILL HAVE NO PROBLEM IN FINDING THE CONTINENTAL GRIP.

Try it, get back with us.

Best regards,

Ed
President
Tennis Geometrics