plasma
02-18-2009, 12:11 AM
http://i40.tinypic.com/2nqv50i.jpg
:twisted:
http://i39.tinypic.com/qx55wy.jpg

jimbo333
02-18-2009, 06:55 PM
Plasma, this is such a great racquet:)

As I mentioned before, only have a couple the Lendl and the Twin, is there a difference with the others?

I love hitting the GTX when I get a chance. What would you say is the difference between the GTX and the White Stars?

Oh and if anyone has any of these, really like to buy some, great prices paid etc:)

Mick
02-18-2009, 07:19 PM
i have another kind of kneissl white star racquets :)
when i use it to play against people who use the modern racquets, i don't feel i am at a disadvantage at all.

http://i40.tinypic.com/24zvjuw.jpg

plasma
02-18-2009, 08:31 PM
kneissls play like made in Belgium Pro Ones drenched in Merlot (like a fine tuned stratavarius making love to a Les Paul), gtx's play stiff like a prostaff. Total opposite ends of the Spectrum. Only the mold is similar. unless its the red star pro(boron), which is stiff and somewhat similar to the gtx:
http://i43.tinypic.com/wwjluf.jpg

I am also after many more kneissls, nothing gives me as much joy to hit with....
http://i43.tinypic.com/jpjwxw.jpg
the first generation were all white, after that came the all white with the blue and green dovetail, followed by the classic red and blue dovetail. I would love to find the super pro vario or the bluestar pro....the pro-t has lots of flex like the kneissl, but feels rubbery and modern, in contrast to the sweet natural organic powerful yet humble yogic kneissl pro masters.

khw72004
02-18-2009, 10:31 PM
i have another kind of kneissl white star racquets :)
when i use it to play against people who use the modern racquets, i don't feel i am at a disadvantage at all.

http://i40.tinypic.com/24zvjuw.jpg

Those are nice mono shafts. And the damper too.

plasma
02-18-2009, 10:50 PM
isn't Mr. Bill hangin a bit lo there??? thought he was supposed to be at the intersection of cross and main, not on the main tracks....I believe white star mid (monoshaft) was 98???ish, from what I can tell all white kneissls before the aero have similar composition and superb feel and performance...

Mick
02-19-2009, 09:23 AM
isn't Mr. Bill hangin a bit lo there??? thought he was supposed to be at the intersection of cross and main, not on the main tracks....I believe white star mid (monoshaft) was 98???ish, from what I can tell all white kneissls before the aero have similar composition and superb feel and performance...

i use the dampener just for decoration, so i don't know exactly where it should be :)
my racquets are the white star "BIG" and the "BIG" are 98 sq-in. they didn't specify this on the frame but I measured it by lining it up against the prince precision mono and they had about the same headsize. I have seen the "MID" version for sale at the auction site and the headsize for the "MID" has got to be smaller.

retrowagen
02-19-2009, 12:34 PM
from what I can tell all white kneissls before the aero have similar composition and superb feel and performance...

Similar architecture (grip on frame shaft), but different composition and vastly different feel and performance across the White Star model range.

I used the White Star Pro Masters as a ranked junior in Europe from 1984-1986, then the Masters 10 (same racket beneath the paint) through early 1988. During this span of time, I also had their model line available to me to see what would make me happiest.

The 10% larger than standard Pro Masters/Masters 10 was a G/F/K composite with hollow core; really there was nothing quite like it except for the same-mold, different comp Adidas Lendl GTX Pro (which was a heavier G/F comp) and the later Lendl GTX Pro-T (which was the same comp as the GTX Pro, just with refreshed graphics for the '85 season). The Adidas frames were awful for S/V play, but were good serve cannons and excellent for groundstrokes, if one had enough time to set up properly. By comparison, the Kneissl WSPM/M10 was lighter and had a more lively feel - less stiff than the Adidas - and with its dense string pattern was pinpoint-accurate and could be volleyed with, if the player wasn't lazy or used bad technique.

The Adi Lendl GTX Pro was a ubiquitous frame in Germany in the mid-80's. Lots of ranked juniors used them, including Claudia Kohde-Kilsch and Boris Becker. I tried them for part of a season, but I wasn't big or strong enough to operate the L3 without getting elbow problems, so I switched back to the Kneissl and was quite comfortable and did OK.

The White Star Twin was a G/F composite, 20% larger than standard size. It was basically Kneissl's attempt to make a Rossignol F200, down to the head size, two-fisted grip, and flex. Apart from the Blue Star aluminum frames, if had to be Kneissl's flexiest frame of that era. I kept one for a while, played tournaments in Hamburg and Norway with it, but even on clay felt it was not as good an all-round weapon as the WSPM.

The WS Mid (later Masters 30) was a 30% larger than standard sized mid, G/F composite, flexier overall than the WSPM/M10 and with a more open string pattern. A fun racket to play, lighter than the WSPM it was their offering at the time for the dedicated S/V player as it lacked some automatic "oomph" off the ground. Milan Srejber used it for a while on tour. When Kneissl introduced the interesting Aero 20 (in 1984) and Aero 30 (in 1985), the WS Mid/M30 basically became redundant, although it was available until 1987.

The WS Big was aimed at recreational players and was a 40% larger than standard "oversize" (now considered a midplus). This again was a G/F comp, flexier than the others (except perhaps the Twin). Initially (1980-1982ish) it was a monoshaft frame, as was the first iteration of the WS Mid, but from 1983-1985 it was a split-shaft. Kneissl dropped this frame when they switched their graphics and naming for the 1986 line, hoping players who liked this frame would move over to the Aero 30C.

The Masters 25 should be included, as it replaced the WS Twin in 1986 with a new mold, slightly larger in the head and stiffer overall, without the big, blocky shoulders of the Twin. However, it didn't make much of an impression as it was discontinued after two years.

Kneissl made some great frames. In 1985, the White Star Pro Masters was used in more grand slam finals than any other model of frame on tour. I still find it disappointing that economic considerations and the widebody craze of the late 80's effectively killed Kneissl's involvement in the tennis market. Although their newer models (Muster specials) have had their place, they are nothing like the originals.

plasma
02-19-2009, 01:09 PM
the white star twin and lendl pro (or masters) really capture that wonderful feel. Retrowagon said it perfectly, the gtx was a shrunk down yamaha secret, or keubler profile...stiff! The brilliance of kneissl is the feel, feeling every millimeter of the racquet resonate and respond, brilliant!!!! their closed throat monoshafts were interesting. Still looking for headsize on the mid monoshaft. Rumors say that lendl pj'ed kneissl 20's as opposed to using the adidas.

Virginia
02-19-2009, 04:58 PM
I have the same mono White Star as Mick, only mine is the Mid version.

plasma
02-19-2009, 07:05 PM
please Virginia, what is the headsize? would absolutely love some pics as well.....Heard about your neighbors drought, heartbreaking, the stories of Aussies left with nothing but the burnt clothes on their back is sad. 12 year drought sucks too...Wish I could drop everything and help...

Virginia
02-20-2009, 12:34 AM
The headsize is less than 85si - hard to measure exactly, because of its shape.

Yes, the fires in Australia have been absolutely devastating and they think around half of them were lit deliberately!

Kirko
02-20-2009, 12:46 AM

that was an awesome frame!!!!!!!!! yes, the one Lendl used and Curren, it sure seemed like the white star had more inate power and feel than the addias GTX. what an astonishing collection !!!!! just Great!!!!

plasma
02-20-2009, 12:48 AM
please provide some links so that we can research this. as well as kneissl pics. Under 85 but bigger than a kneissl? do yours have the blue and green dovetail graphic or is it blue and red dovetail??? don't you love that kneissl feel? I play with a ps 85...the kneissls have about 5 times as much feel!!! like playing tennis with a viola or violin...

Kirkos comment on innate power and feel of white Star vs. gtx was accurate.....Kevin Curren vs. Boris Becker....wow....the kneissl vs. the Puma Winner...

Captain Haddock
02-20-2009, 06:58 PM
So the Red Star Pro (with boron) that you have pictured here was different in its composition from the regular Red Star (grey with red pinstripe cosmetics and red grommets), right? The Red Star Mids I had were VERY flexible, at least as much as a Rossignol F200. The one in your picture looks so great!
What about breakage problems with 1980s Kneissls? The hollow core design was not the most durable, apparently.

retrowagen
02-20-2009, 08:00 PM
What about breakage problems with 1980s Kneissls? The hollow core design was not the most durable, apparently.

I only noticed two problems during everyday use of these frames for several years, when they were new:

The first came from throwing them on hardcourts on my bad days.

The other was that I preferred mine strung at tensions of 2.3 Kg (5 pounds) over the manufacturer's suggested limit... And within a few hours of play, the spaces of frame between the grommet holes in the upper hoop would collapse. :oops:

plasma
02-21-2009, 12:24 AM
my white stars are strung with poly, waaay above the reccomended tension....never any problems...I beleive these are tougher than ps 85's, 200g's and f200's combined...only thing soft about kneissl is their touch, and that's by design...

Captain Haddock
02-22-2009, 08:42 AM
Retrowagen, weren't the Aero models also available in blue cosmetics? I remember an Aero 30 C with light blue paint. The Aero line was an interesting move from Kneissl, considering that their previous models were rather bulky in comparison. In my recollection, the Aero models felt less solid and had a lot of lateral flex in the head.
About the demise of Kneissl in the widebody era: didn't Bruguera win his first French Open with an unmarked Kneissl semi-widebody? Of course the brand did not adjust well to the widebody craze and disappeared soon after.
The 2007 White Star are very different from the originals, apart from the white paint. The extended length, Head-shaped grip, and the overall shape of the frame are just too different. They're still decent frames, though.

vsbabolat
02-22-2009, 10:30 AM
Retrowagen, weren't the Aero models also available in blue cosmetics? I remember an Aero 30 C with light blue paint. The Aero line was an interesting move from Kneissl, considering that their previous models were rather bulky in comparison. In my recollection, the Aero models felt less solid and had a lot of lateral flex in the head.
About the demise of Kneissl in the widebody era: didn't Bruguera win his first French Open with an unmarked Kneissl semi-widebody? Of course the brand did not adjust well to the widebody craze and disappeared soon after.
The 2007 White Star are very different from the originals, apart from the white paint. The extended length, Head-shaped grip, and the overall shape of the frame are just too different. They're still decent frames, though.

Thats right I remember the White Star Aero 20C and 30C or Club were a pastel blue with a pink grommet spoiler.

retrowagen
02-22-2009, 02:31 PM

Fabrice, you have a good memory. The Aero 30C (Club) was pastel blue. The Aero 20C was pastel grey with pinkish grommet and slot cover.

The triangular cross-section of these frames wasn't as torsionally solid as the more conventional, traditional White Star "box beam." Nevertheless, the Aero series were interesting frames. Matt Anger, Heinz Gunthardt, and Andreas Maurer used the Aero 20 on the pro tour for a while. I'm not sure which Kneissl model Brugera used in his first Roland Garros win.

It seems like the newer generation of the Kneissls were almost clones of the Head PT630, thanks to a certain Herr Muster being catered to.

plasma
02-22-2009, 09:03 PM
Helena Sukova moved form the white star masters to the aero. She had much better form and timing than even Navratilova and Smapras. One of the most technically underrated yet greatest players of all time...a tall czech hottie...mmmm. Helena
http://i40.tinypic.com/2qcqkva.jpg

Captain Haddock
02-23-2009, 06:16 PM
Wow, Heinz Gunthardt... He also had a contract with Browning for a while, and played with their monoshaft white frame. Didn't Pavel Slozil and the Maleeva sisters use Kneissl as well? Remember Juan Aguilera?

retrowagen
02-23-2009, 08:33 PM
Wow, Heinz Gunthardt... He also had a contract with Browning for a while, and played with their monoshaft white frame. Didn't Pavel Slozil and the Maleeva sisters use Kneissl as well? Remember Juan Aguilera?

Two of the Maleeva sisters did, IIRC, and Slozil, and Aguilera, and Jakob Hlasek, and Marian Vajda (Czech ATP player), and Petra Huber (Austrian WTA player), and ...

plasma
02-23-2009, 09:20 PM
the classy sassy Boer Constirctor, Kevin Curren:
http://i44.tinypic.com/bhxifm.jpg

Virginia
02-24-2009, 08:37 PM
please Virginia, what is the headsize? would absolutely love some pics as well
Here's a pic of some of my white frames, which includes the White Star:

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_4gdlQm-LraY/SaTLkdkoSyI/AAAAAAAAAhI/Egb1fCekUdA/s800/White%20Racquets.JPG

Virginia
02-24-2009, 08:41 PM
Was it this one?

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_4gdlQm-LraY/SaTLkdkoSyI/AAAAAAAAAhI/Egb1fCekUdA/s800/White%20Racquets.JPG

plasma
02-24-2009, 11:31 PM
the blue and green dovetail are earlier versions than the red and blue dovetial ( I was thinking of using "skidmarks" but I like "dovetail" better as a description). The very first vesions are all white. Looks to have an adidas steincil and the classic air rifle technology typical of white stars.
Better feel than a wood racquet... when used with proper long strokes the ball makes love to the racquet and Mozart is heard!!!

Captain Haddock
02-25-2009, 07:59 AM
Virginia,
Yes that's the Browning indeed (BT 400). There was also a standard size open throat model (BT 500??). They made a whistling sound when swung, and were very very stiff. They were made at a gun factory not far from where I grew up. Strange honeycomb structure, unlike anything else ever produced. I once found one left in a teaching basket at an indoor facility in the late 90s, and hit ten balls with hit. It was still much stiffer than the Pro Staff 6.1 I was using at the time, which itself had an RA of 70! Browning made midsize frames with that design, but they were prone to cracking, and gave many club players a case of tennis elbow!

khw72004
02-25-2009, 09:19 AM
Plasma tell me more about this stiffer Red Star. Have you played with it much. Give us reviews of all of your babies.

plasma
02-25-2009, 04:03 PM
red star did not have the snap resonance and fine tuned brilliance of the kevlar white star. The Boron stiffened the layup too much. Unlike the gtx pro-t which is a more forgiving, stiff, rubbery, and consistent manuverable high performance version of the gtx, the red star pro and the adidas boron are less responsive, less unified, less resonant, and more serious. Response time off the string bed seems shorter, they seem less patient and less friendly.

khw72004
03-04-2009, 04:25 PM
What about the other ones you have? You have like 5 other ones on your pictures, I want to know about each of these. What are the differences, which one plays the best? Weight, Balance, swing weight, etc.

plasma
03-04-2009, 07:53 PM
there's no best or worst. All white stars with the box beam have the same feeling. It's an angelic snap. The pro masters is underpowered, the Masters 30 is much more powerful than a prostaff and plays like an aeropro drive with a soul. The aero is unique but I prefer the box beam, even though the aero is a decent pro racquet perfect for modern lendl wannabees. White star twin is sublime. Like a vacuum pro, the lendl pro is one of the best feeling racquets ever; packed with herbs spices, gooey caramel nougat and ceramic nectar, and a rich buttery, savory hearty home-cooked flavor, the lendl pro is more of a universe of blessed experience than a mere racquet per se, my favorite of all time, a symphonic dyonisian masterpiece!

Colpo
03-06-2009, 11:34 AM
If Fabrice is going to bring up Browning racquets, I have to throw out an early Kneissl pro who final'ed at the WCT Forest Hills T of C in '81, beating McEnroe along the way with monoshaft Kneissl White Star Mids: Carlos Kirmayr (BR).

Just trying to not be out-obscured.

Colpo
03-06-2009, 11:40 AM
there's no best or worst. All white stars with the box beam have the same feeling. It's an angelic snap. The pro masters is underpowered, the Masters 30 is much more powerful than a prostaff and plays like an aeropro drive with a soul. The aero is unique but I prefer the box beam, even though the aero is a decent pro racquet perfect for modern lendl wannabees. White star twin is sublime. Like a vacuum pro, the lendl pro is one of the best feeling racquets ever; packed with herbs spices, gooey caramel nougat and ceramic nectar, and a rich buttery, savory hearty home-cooked flavor, the lendl pro is more of a universe of blessed experience than a mere racquet per se, my favorite of all time, a symphonic dyonisian masterpiece!

plasma, I love your prose, and agree if you're saying that the Lendl/Pro Masters/Masters 10 has a more solid, bulkier feel than the larger headed White Stars. I got my first Lendl around 84, as they were disappearing, and the feel was awesome - wood-like but with more snap and energy return. This is consistent throughout the small-headed Pro line. By contrast, I've also tried the Twin and the Mid (open throats both), and they were lighter and while solid played almost hollow in feel, less substantial than the Lendl and its successors. This all makes sense because the Lendl was Kneissl's "pro" frame which they notoriously set out as "tournament level" only - one would expect a difference in feel.

schu47
03-06-2009, 12:06 PM
http://lh5.ggpht.com/_R75QH658YRs/SbDB_czvcpI/AAAAAAAARS8/NfJkgmmh3a0/s800/P2129225.JPG

Fabrice. You're right.
The Browning split-throat is the BT 500. This it. And it does whistle when you swing it. It's one of my favorites, actually, a very interesting frame. The throat says it has a "light alloy cellular structure." The cover is actually from a BT400, so I should send it to you, Virginia. What will you give me for it? :)

Captain Haddock
03-06-2009, 04:28 PM
That's the one. I haven't seen those in ages! Super-stiff frame, even by today's standards. My tendons are hurting just looking at it.

Carlos K., yes, of course... Great memory, Colpo.

Virginia
03-06-2009, 09:36 PM
http://lh5.ggpht.com/_R75QH658YRs/SbDB_czvcpI/AAAAAAAARS8/NfJkgmmh3a0/s800/P2129225.JPG

Fabrice. You're right.
The Browning split-throat is the BT 500. This it. And it does whistle when you swing it. It's one of my favorites, actually, a very interesting frame. The throat says it has a "light alloy cellular structure." The cover is actually from a BT400, so I should send it to you, Virginia. What will you give me for it? :)
It so happens I have a cover for mine, schu47, otherwise I might have been tempted to enter into some negotations. :)

Actually that BT 500 looks very nice - it's the first time I've seen a Browning anywhere, other than my own.

plasma
03-06-2009, 10:15 PM
in terms of playability white racquets usually signify ceramic flexiness. It breaks my heart that the browning is said to be stiff. The grommets give me kneissl flashbacks. I guess that making a unique sound and being beautiful enough to put in a museum is the only thing it shares with kneisls. Too bad. I'd still like to try one with a dampener and rate its performance, would look sweet on my wall as well...graphics are almost cartoon like, fantastic!!!!!

SOY78
03-24-2009, 10:02 AM
How much would a Kneissl White Star Big would be worth these days? I have an opportunity to pick one up really cheap :D

SOY78
03-26-2009, 08:45 AM
Anyone know????

gymrat76
03-29-2009, 02:26 PM
When I hit with a Lendl Pro aka air rifle a few months back, I remember, even the people at three courts down started staring at me...POP!!! I love that sound...this and the RD7 with a multi...totally sounds like a Smith & Wesson lol..

plasma
03-29-2009, 08:32 PM
do you like to hit straight through the ball??? it's impossible to do accurately with modern racquets which are only good for topspin. Connors and Lendl owned with monoshafts but withered with mids. Thats' because monoshafts are more powerful and accurate, just takes a really strong player to use them..

nBladed
03-29-2009, 09:15 PM
I have a couple of White Star Masters 50 for sale.

ad posted in for sale. condition 7/10

email for pics
jdurica@hotmail.com

plasma
04-08-2009, 02:08 AM
masters 50, you mean a 116 in white star?.....even I'VE never seen one of those!!!

jimbo333
04-08-2009, 03:05 AM
He meant Masters 30. I tried to buy them, but he lost my email, now he has sold them:(

plasma
04-08-2009, 11:28 AM
you guys don't realize how rare kneissls are.....plasmas favorite.... would BARELY pick a fortnight of wild passionate (sweaty, nekkid) love with Kournikova over a single white star masters....I saw pics of them as well....also sad that they are not in my hands....did I mention how rare and great these are?....

pshulam
04-11-2009, 01:06 PM
What's a reasonable price for a Kneissl White Star, Twin White Star (Austria), Boron, Graphite, Fiberglass? Is $60 okay?

plasma
04-11-2009, 03:05 PM
the white star twin feels as good as Kournikovas tushy, I would gladly pay $60 for either...

SOY78
04-14-2009, 08:31 AM
how about a Kneissl White Star Big?

plasma
04-14-2009, 03:34 PM
that's more like Serenas Booty, between kneissl 25 and 30 is not 5 square inches but 25 square feet. That's because by Plasmas Formula (yup I invented it) every square inch increases the legth of a baseline drive by 1 foot. 30's, or bigs play just like aeropro drives. After a certain point a kneissl is no loger a kneissl, this is not heaven, I am not Jesus, this is no forum, this is no arrow....Aguire the wrath of plasma!

SOY78
04-14-2009, 03:47 PM
$60 For Serenas Booty?

plasma
04-15-2009, 03:02 AM
if that's the buy it now price I won't be picky about shipping costs!

pshulam
04-15-2009, 04:24 AM
Is the head size of a Masters 25 approximately 98 sq inches?

pshulam
04-15-2009, 07:01 PM
^Head size of Masters 25 = 86 sq. inches

plasma
04-16-2009, 06:27 AM
that's right a true mid, rumors said that lendl pj'ed kneissl masters for his gtx mid, I won't answer to it since I still speak to folks who brought him to this country and am not really sure what I am allowed to share....needless to say "E-vaughn" paid his gd (mf) dues, in ways that atheleltes over here can never know about...nuff said...

JacKKyKung
04-18-2009, 12:12 PM

จี๊ดมาก :)

gymrat76
04-18-2009, 02:03 PM
จี๊ดมาก :)

..that looks like a four letter word...

pshulam
04-18-2009, 06:37 PM
^it is a 4-letter word: much or many

dataseviltwin
04-18-2009, 08:11 PM
Useless trivia... Have had USTA types gripe at me on several occasions if I put it any higher than snug against the lowest main (the round ones I sometimes stuff just above the lowest main so I get 4 contact points instead of 3). Change-jingling, foot-fault-allowing USTA guy keeps saying it ain't legal (stemming from sphagetti strings years ago...). Methinks he's been reading too much, and needs to start calling foot faults... :twisted:
i use the dampener just for decoration, so i don't know exactly where it should be :)
my racquets are the white star "BIG" and the "BIG" are 98 sq-in. they didn't specify this on the frame but I measured it by lining it up against the prince precision mono and they had about the same headsize. I have seen the "MID" version for sale at the auction site and the headsize for the "MID" has got to be smaller.

JacKKyKung
04-19-2009, 09:39 AM
..that looks like a four letter word...

You're so smart. This slang word will be used when you was amazed by something exciting.

จี๊ดมาก, แจ่ม, แหล่ม = cool, awesome

Thai words is very flexible.

plasma
04-19-2009, 11:54 AM
wow, maybe gymrat has unusual language talent like Plasma. Thai is soooo hard. Friend who build house in Thailand...Farang who Thai accept as their own, live there for ten (10) year with wife, and neither can even speak more than simple word, traditional village dialect even more difficult, ungh! Here are some american adjective that mean "good", look for irony...
1.badass
2.kick-***
3.badass mother-fu%kin (bamf)
4.bad (man did you see the way plasma hit that ball, bro???that **** was "Bad", homey...shi-it.)
5.killer (ooh what a "killer" movie, I loved it!!!!)(that desert is so chocolaty and creamy...it's killer!( can be used by upperclass too, sometimes)
6. def (ebonic/african american/urban street slang dialect) used primarily by Americans of African American descent- origin: english: DEATH. ("man, did you see plasma pass and smoke that foo' trying to poach homey? damn that whiteboy is Def, he's the shiznit, ho-dee; I'm sayin, god."
7. Rad- origin:english: tmnt suburban, common useage. Short for "Radical", adapted from the talkin style used by unemployed caucasian men of the beachside surfer community: "Whoa Buuuud, did you see the mudflaps on that honey???? that's rad brau...
8. The ****- oooh just tried the 150g, it's the **** homey, that injection molding is so def, cuz (cousin).
9.Dope- african american slang for very good...
10.ill- whoa did you see the way he ran to that ball, I've never seen someone run so fast, that **** was ill bro!(caucasian)

Many many freind go to thailand, Kru Roy and I head there on same plane in 2001, Kru "Toothless Tom" now coach UFC, he head there, and bring Kru Mark now also coach UFC #1 champion. Kru Mark only farang to attain ranking in Rajadamnern stadium, he can speak Thai, it is because he is so humble....
http://i40.tinypic.com/3166q2a.jpg
releif at Ankgor Wat prove traditional customs, food, dance, tatoo, fighting, wai kru ram muay, music etc. is over 1,100 year old. Plasma eat knowledge like sticky rice, one day will have enough Bhat to fill stomach, now still hungry...Khap Khun Mai Khapp
-jungleboy Chaia Hanuman Plasma I

blackfrido
04-24-2009, 12:26 PM
http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/4822/tiriacvilaskneissl.th.jpg (http://img407.imageshack.us/my.php?image=tiriacvilaskneissl.jpg)

blackfrido
04-24-2009, 12:30 PM
the white star twin feels as good as Kournikovas tushy, I would gladly pay $60 for either...

how much would you pay for a yellow Kneissl Super Vario Pro? in decent condition, thanks

plasma
04-25-2009, 09:32 AM
that's interesting but pales in comparison to the Ion Tiriac photo. Is that the famous arms dealer, narcotics kingpin/tennis pro getting make up for a photo shoot?
http://i40.tinypic.com/15g89kx.jpg
could it be that the retired smuggler Romainian Billionare is in fact?...:
http://i40.tinypic.com/vgrd5f.jpg
a sweathog????

jimbo333
04-27-2009, 05:05 PM
how much would you pay for a yellow Kneissl Super Vario Pro? in decent condition, thanks

Apparently they are impossible to find in decent condition, as the variable weighting system inside the handle/grip broke very easily:(

Can anyone confirm this at all please?

jimbo333
04-29-2009, 06:33 AM
So does nobody know if a working Kneissl Super Pro Vario exists?

plasma
04-29-2009, 06:38 AM
I saw one with cover several months ago, they exist..

Sigi
04-29-2009, 09:36 AM
So does nobody know if a working Kneissl Super Pro Vario exists?

Oh, I'm sure they do exist. I foolishly sold one off several years ago when I was thinning out my collection (but now I have twice as many racquets).

The balancing feature worked fine but I felt the racquet did not hit/feel as solid as the Lendl Pros that I had.

plasma
04-29-2009, 10:04 AM
thanks for confirming that, another review seemed to express the same thing about the vario. I will most likely switch back to using the lendl pro this year, nothing better for solid flat drives produced with a looping classical stroke, modern racquets have decent spin potential but no accuracy, I love disecting 5.5 players who rely too much on topspin, you sold out your game, your fluff spin (to me) is like slapping Mike Tyson: inefective...gives me no problems at all (after a few minutes i've succesfully timed every attempt at spin you will make for the rest of the day.
http://i44.tinypic.com/vgotoo.jpg
to make someone overhit, mix in a heavy topspin shot after 4 flat shots. I find that most players under 5.0 can't handle my underspin, players above that still can't do much with it...maybe with my reliance on volleys and occasional spin I'll use something more spin and volley friendly like the txe. No wonder Lendl crushed opponents from the back court but never came to net...he was using an Austiran club!!!!

Sigi
04-29-2009, 01:12 PM
Just another point for you folks who like to experiment with different string combinations in their Kneissls.

I recently tried Ashaway Monogut in the mains and Prince Tournament Nylon (yes, believe it or not) in the crosss strings and the results have been great. Increased power and spin but still with a very comfortable hit.

Frankauc
05-22-2009, 06:01 AM
I tried this racquet for the first time yeasterday, WOW. I was so impresse by the FEEL and power of this racquet. I hit with lots of topspin and even if the headsize is small, it seemed i always hit the sweetspot! I dont know if its because of the head shape but i never tried a tennis racquet that has such an awesome feel! And it wasnt heavy at all! Im playing with a vantage that weights about 340g strung with an overgrip. I would guess the the Kniessel Lendel white star i tried weight about that. I thought it would be an heavy racquet.

What's the weight?

ibii70
05-22-2009, 09:13 PM
thanks for confirming that, another review seemed to express the same thing about the vario. I will most likely switch back to using the lendl pro this year, nothing better for solid flat drives produced with a looping classical stroke, modern racquets have decent spin potential but no accuracy, I love disecting 5.5 players who rely too much on topspin, you sold out your game, your fluff spin (to me) is like slapping Mike Tyson: inefective...gives me no problems at all (after a few minutes i've succesfully timed every attempt at spin you will make for the rest of the day.
http://i44.tinypic.com/vgotoo.jpg
to make someone overhit, mix in a heavy topspin shot after 4 flat shots. I find that most players under 5.0 can't handle my underspin, players above that still can't do much with it...maybe with my reliance on volleys and occasional spin I'll use something more spin and volley friendly like the txe. No wonder Lendl crushed opponents from the back court but never came to net...he was using an Austiran club!!!!

Wow.... Nice PJ

plasma
05-22-2009, 09:28 PM
more than a pretty face...she hits superbly!!!

yuth
05-29-2009, 11:55 PM
Hi Plaz, This one which I told you..................My new guitar hero.

Thanks for P Becker a lot...

http://spic.uploadd.com/2032/E75/small/43A7A1AF6B6WZBZTPARR8APQS3BSQ9รวม3.jpg (http://www.uploadd.com/imageUpload/image.aspx?img=43A7A1AF6B6WZBZTPARR8APQS3BSQ9)

It's god of art.

Thanks,

Yuth

plasma
05-30-2009, 06:22 AM
wanted to adress my friend Fabrice Leroy's comment about lateral flex in the aero series. Aero was a beautiful and interesting series. Professional racquets. My aero is prostaff performance level (but so much cooler looking).
Yes a little less stability than the flat beam 2X4 kneissls, good point. Didn't the egghead get thrown out after the aero series when they did the conventional shaped SPARK series? How could they do that to us? those Austrian *******s!
hey Yuth, it seems that some 80's racquets were manufactured in Thailand, I think even the ps 85 for a while maybe???

Sander001
04-19-2013, 11:01 PM

http://i39.tinypic.com/qx55wy.jpgBump
Mine looks most like the White Star Pro Masters or Lendl but mine just says 'What Star Pro'.

http://i.imgur.com/cghGFm8.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/0wyU8vQ.jpg

Can anybody tell me anything about it?

retrowagen
04-20-2013, 12:46 PM
Bump
Mine looks most like the White Star Pro Masters or Lendl but mine just says 'What Star Pro'.

http://i.imgur.com/cghGFm8.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/0wyU8vQ.jpg

Can anybody tell me anything about it?

Same mold as the Lendl Pro and White Star Pro Masters, just didn't have the Kevlar in the mix - strictly graphite and fiberglass. They made these circa 1982-1985 in that graphic.

tembolo1284
08-01-2013, 12:43 PM
Good lord these frames are gorgeous!

vintagefan
08-13-2013, 01:40 AM
If I have to get just one White Star, which one of them is the "holy grail"? There are so many different versions out there and I'm confused. Thanks!

NLBwell
08-13-2013, 09:44 AM
I had a White Star Twin, but didn't like it very much - seemed too light and flex and I couldn't get any power (it really wasn't that light). The White Star Big was really a nice oversize frame.

retrowagen
08-13-2013, 09:45 AM
If I have to get just one White Star, which one of them is the "holy grail"? There are so many different versions out there and I'm confused. Thanks!

There were around a dozen different models in the White Star line from seven moulds made over a span of ten years or so. Out of all of them, the one with the best pedigree of pro use was the 1983-1985 version of the graphite-fiberglass-Kevlar composite White Star Pro Masters (white with blue and red stripes on the shaft). This model was used in more grand slam finals in the calendar year 1985 than any other model of racquet, and was the racquet in Kevin Curren's hand at the gentlemen's final at Wimbledon (after he defeated John McEnroe and Jimmy Connors in the preceeding rounds with it!).

vintagefan
08-13-2013, 04:30 PM
There were around a dozen different models in the White Star line from seven moulds made over a span of ten years or so. Out of all of them, the one with the best pedigree of pro use was the 1983-1985 version of the graphite-fiberglass-Kevlar composite White Star Pro Masters (white with blue and red stripes on the shaft). This model was used in more grand slam finals in the calendar year 1985 than any other model of racquet, and was the racquet in Kevin Curren's hand at the gentlemen's final at Wimbledon (after he defeated John McEnroe and Jimmy Connors in the preceeding rounds with it!).

Does White Star Pro Masters = White Star Lendl Pro?

retrowagen
08-14-2013, 03:46 PM
Does White Star Pro Masters = White Star Lendl Pro?
It is the same racquet. Kneissl lost the Lendl racquet sponsorship contract to Adidas for 1982 or 1983 (IIRC), although the first Adidas Lendl GTX Pros Lendl used were apparently in fact White Star Pros (with a Graphite-Fiberglass composition), made in the Kneissl factory in Kufstein, Tirol, Austria, with an Adidas paintjob. Later, the molds for the frame were duplicated and taken to a factory set up by Adidas in France to produce racquets.

The White Star Lendl Pro actually differed from the White Star Pro in that it added Kevlar aramide fibers to its layup. The White Star Pro Masters was a rename of the White Star Lendl Pro. In 1986, the graphics were changed to a neat white with red flashes, and the frame referred informally as the White Star Masters, though Kneissl catalogs for 1986 identified it still as White Star Pro Masters. For 1987, it was given another graphics refresh and was renamed the Masters 10, to bring it in line with the new graphics and model naming scheme Kneissl used across their tennis line. By late 1988, despite some ATP and WTA pros still successful with the model, it became a casualty of the market preference shift towards larger headed and widebody models. Kneissl ceased racquet production in Austria, and pulled out of the racquet industry shortly after, not coming back for a few years. They're still touch and go, but I hope they can restructure and come back to the marketplace in force, with great products - they have an excellent heritage of performance and interesting design.

vintagefan
11-25-2013, 04:52 AM
The brilliance of kneissl is the feel, feeling every millimeter of the racquet resonate and respond, brilliant!!!!

How's the feel compared to wood?

joe sch
11-25-2013, 07:31 AM
How's the feel compared to wood?

I feel these kneissl white star rackets play much like a woody, probably one of the most similar of all the graphite rackets. I have stated many times that the model that I have saved for hitting because its strung with some nice vintage victor natural gut plays like butter. No stresses on the arm and just launches the hits. If you like flex and feel, its a GOAT contender.

retrowagen
11-25-2013, 12:48 PM
I still clearly remember the day I hit with a Kneissl White Star for the first time. It was in 1983, a White Star Lendl Pro belonging to a doubles partner friend of mine. It had the most peculiar tactile and aural experience of any tennis racquet I've tried before or hence. I remember, the best way I had to explain how it felt was likening it to a vacuum cleaner and an air cannon all at once: it felt as though the balls it struck sunk in to the stringbed, as if "vacuumed in," and it could then propel them in a way unlike other frames, launching them out with effortless snap coupled with the characteristic crisp "air rifle" sound that only Kneissl frames made. And ball control was neural: one thought of where he wanted the ball to go, and if he could set up and put a decent strike on the ball, that's exactly where it would go. In that way, it was one of those weird tools which surprised by giving no surprises. It did require impeccable timing, footwork, and prep to operate well, though: despite its inherent magic, it was no crutch.

The following season, I had some White Star Pro Masters in my bag.

Richie Rich
11-25-2013, 04:12 PM
one of the best serving racquets in it's day.

vintagefan
11-26-2013, 04:02 AM
I still clearly remember the day I hit with a Kneissl White Star for the first time. It was in 1983, a White Star Lendl Pro belonging to a doubles partner friend of mine. It had the most peculiar tactile and aural experience of any tennis racquet I've tried before or hence. I remember, the best way I had to explain how it felt was likening it to a vacuum cleaner and an air cannon all at once: it felt as though the balls it struck sunk in to the stringbed, as if "vacuumed in," and it could then propel them in a way unlike other frames, launching them out with effortless snap coupled with the characteristic crisp "air rifle" sound that only Kneissl frames made. And ball control was neural: one thought of where he wanted the ball to go, and if he could set up and put a decent strike on the ball, that's exactly where it would go. In that way, it was one of those weird tools which surprised by giving no surprises. It did require impeccable timing, footwork, and prep to operate well, though: despite its inherent magic, it was no crutch.

The following season, I had some White Star Pro Masters in my bag.

Does only Pro Masters have these characteristics or all the White Stars do?

retrowagen
11-26-2013, 08:10 AM
Does only Pro Masters have these characteristics or all the White Stars do?

The White Star Lendl Pro, White Star Pro Masters, and Masters 10 (which are all the same racquet and composition under different paint) do. I've tried all the other Kneissl models and feel they do not perform in quite the same way, though they are good racquets.

stapletonj
11-26-2013, 04:25 PM
I actually broke a white star on a serve in the late 80s, so yeah, they were kinda fragile....

Sarcastic
11-27-2013, 12:29 PM
I broke one on a serve also. Except mine broke at the end of my follow through after a ligament in the front of my shoulder exploded. There was an audible pop from the ligament then a louder pop as the head of the frame broke. Was never able to repair the shoulder. Serve went from 120 mph at 5' 8" tall to the high 80's, :(.

TheCanadian
11-27-2013, 12:34 PM
I loved loved loved and adored the White Star Lendl in the 80's it's a tragedy of Biblical proportions what has happened to this great company. Babolat Aeropro Drive GT is the only racquet that comes near it in terms of feel.

joe sch
11-28-2013, 02:19 PM
Just to add a little eye candy to this thread:

http://www.woodtennis.com/kneissl/kneissllendlws3a.jpg

S&V Specialist
11-28-2013, 07:23 PM
Any info on the White Star Masters 25?

joe sch
11-29-2013, 08:02 AM
Any info on the White Star Masters 25?

Any of these models you should probably love. Where you at in TX ? If Dallas, I could meet up with you for some classic hitting fun. Always fun to bring out some of my stash for players who can play, especially SV and can appreciate some fine vintage sticks.

sargeinaz
11-29-2013, 09:29 AM
Just to add a little eye candy to this thread:

http://www.woodtennis.com/kneissl/kneissllendlws3a.jpg

:shock: those are beautiful. I've tried to find a decent condition one for a reasonable price for a while. One day I'll have one. I got to try a racket some
People consider the best ever.

S&V Specialist
12-02-2013, 09:08 PM
Any of these models you should probably love. Where you at in TX ? If Dallas, I could meet up with you for some classic hitting fun. Always fun to bring out some of my stash for players who can play, especially SV and can appreciate some fine vintage sticks.

Unfortunately I'm not currently residing in Texas. Was in Austin but my job brought me to Sydney. Best thing about the racquet though was that I only paid $3 for it. Love taking it out on court!

vintagefan
03-18-2014, 10:04 PM
How does the monoshaft White Star play like vs the split throat? Does it give really bad torsional twist on off center hit?

KneisslOfficial
03-19-2014, 02:23 AM
lovely to see such interest in these old greats. i actually dug out my old white star pro and used it last night, after reading this yesterday.