PDA

View Full Version : Is E-Matrix a good multi that doesn't last ?

dieumyr
02-18-2009, 07:50 AM
Hi folks,

I'm searching for a good cheap multi. I've my own stringer so I can re-string when I want. Knowing that 15$ for a X-1 seems too much for me, I'm interested in E-matrix, but can't find many reviews about it.

Some said previously on this forum that E-matrix was a very good multi, can play like the best multi, but doesn't last very long, it could be great for me. But some questions: Doesn't last means that you broke it or you cut it because it frays too much ? Can someone compare the durability between X-1 and E-matrix for example ?

Thanks folks !

Valjean
02-18-2009, 08:10 AM
In this order, by cost, lowest first (all under $10):

Alpha Gut 2000 (actually a multi-core instead)
Prince's Synthetic Gut Multifilament (PSGM) (with a core; prone to tension loss, so it needs to be pre-stretched first)
Babolat's Addiction and Babolat's Attraction/Attraction Power
Babolat's Fibertour
Tecnifibre's Multifeel (also a solid-core with a multifilament wrap)

dieumyr
02-18-2009, 10:56 AM
Nothing about E-matrix ?

Bent
02-18-2009, 12:07 PM
I (and my friends) have used it for years.

In Wilson PS Classic, Wilson HPS, Dunlop MW95 and POG mids.

Common consensus
* Cheap
* Soft
* Frays a lot
* Not very durable

We like it :-)

dieumyr
02-18-2009, 12:11 PM
I (and my friends) have used it for years.

In Wilson PS Classic, Wilson HPS, Dunlop MW95 and POG mids.

Common consensus
* Cheap
* Soft
* Frays a lot
* Not very durable

We like it :-)

It is said on this forum that it plays like the best multis but for not long, do you think that also ?

dieumyr
02-19-2009, 04:17 AM
It is said on this forum that it plays like the best multis but for not long, do you think that also ?

Sorry but English is not my first language, does "to fray" mean that the string move ?

raygo
02-19-2009, 06:22 AM
It means the fibers begin to peel and come apart.

jmk2888
02-19-2009, 09:41 AM
Last about 3-4 hours for me, Pro Supex Maxim touch is much better

dieumyr
02-19-2009, 10:12 AM
Last about 3-4 hours for me, Pro Supex Maxim touch is much better

For those 4 hours, what to do you think about it ?

SunDog
02-19-2009, 10:13 AM
I keep a stock of this string at my house - and generally supply it to lower ability level women and older folks. I have heard nothing but praise from the folks whom I have installed it. I've never used it myself. None of it has ever come back broken - but considering the user base - that is understandable.

Bent
02-25-2009, 12:06 AM
I donīt think it it as good as X1 and NRG. But ok, especially at this low price.

william7gr
02-25-2009, 02:24 PM
I tried it this weekend and liked it, It does not seem durable though but time will tell.

RoddickAce
02-25-2009, 02:34 PM
OMG, at first I thought u were talking about elementary matrices! >_>

swedechris
02-25-2009, 03:31 PM
Yes it is precisely that.. = what this thread claims / asks.

gonzalocatalino
07-21-2009, 09:02 AM
is one the best multis iīve used (actual string on my crosses), but is true, dont last much (i break the crosses in 5 hs max).

goran_ace
07-21-2009, 11:37 AM
I think it plays really well but it doesn't have much of an outer coating so it has even less durability than your typical multi's. I played with a multi from Technifibre about 10 years ago that I swear was the same stuff but had a different name back then and had a slightly 'greener' color. Once it starts to fray it won't be long until it falls apart and just goes to shreds so if I didn't break it during the course of a match I'd cut it out after the match anyway.

It can be kind of a pain to string since it is so soft and kinks pretty easily. So take your time with it, make sure your clamps aren't too tight, and have an awl nearby to access blocked holes.

shell
07-21-2009, 01:08 PM
I thought it played like a mix between X-1 after the coating wears off, and NRG2. But not nearly as durable as either.

Nice string for the price. I remember it being more powerful than Maxim touch though.

BTW, it is not fun to string. It unravels, kinks and is difficult to weave and fit through tight grommets.

william7gr
07-21-2009, 01:25 PM
I thought it was a great string.
I also agree with the above poster is wasnt the easiest string to string.