PDA

View Full Version : Strings For Prince Ozone Tour

kashgotmoney
02-18-2009, 07:31 PM
Share your complete setup.

AR15
02-19-2009, 06:33 AM
I like the SPPP mains ( orange btw) gosen og sheep micro crosses. 54/58

I like the Head intellistring hybrid pack.

I have my other racquet strung with Lux Alu Floura mains, Wilson Hollow core in the crosses. This seems to have good power and control.

NickC
02-19-2009, 07:37 AM
I use an o3 Tour MP, is that alright?

Here are the different setups I've used in the past since I've got the frame.

PSGD/NXT hybrid at 70 pounds. Played like crap, I got the strings and the job for free so I said why not. Broke it within 3 hours.

Then I moved onto Big Banger Alu Power (normal) at 56 for a while, which was good.

Then I tried out Prince RECOIL because my head pro asked me to see if it was any good before he decided to stock it or not. I strung it at 54. I hated it. Quite possibly the worst string outside of NXT (as well as Reaction and Sensation) or any of the Prince Synthetic Gut lines I've ever tried. Awful stuff.

Then I went to a Big Banger Alu Power Spin and VS Team hybrid at 64 pounds. Felt nice, but was way too powerful for me.

Now I'm at MSV Focus HEX 1.18 at 59 pounds. It's alright.

Matty G
02-19-2009, 08:05 AM
NickC and Kash

Give Weiss Cannon Silver String a go! I have just swiched to it i really find it amazing!

falc
03-07-2009, 07:00 AM
I have about 4g of lead at the 12 o'clock position, and using Pro hurricane 18 (main) and volkl PF 17 at 53 lbs. The spin is very good. Plow through is decent and controllable.

I'm satisfied but I may just try kevlar 18 for the main instead. Anyone has such setup on their Ozone?

Dez
03-28-2009, 03:28 PM
I use Big ace 1.22 @ 58 mains and Gosen OG Micro 17 @ 56 on crosses and that works great for me. Good control and quite comfortable.

Racer41c
03-28-2009, 08:51 PM
I have a couple of OZ tours, here's what I've tried:

1. Demoed it with a multi at 60 and liked it enough to buy a couple
2. Tried PSGD at 60 and it was terrible
3. Tried NXT at 58 and can't keep the ball in the court
4. Other racaquet has a co-poly in the mains and a syn gut in the crosses at 56/58. This setup is ok, but still too much power and not enough spin.

Next to try will be: 2 lbs higher on the poly hybrid, then a fully poly job if it's still too much power.

christo
03-29-2009, 12:20 AM
I have about 4g of lead at the 12 o'clock position, and using Pro hurricane 18 (main) and volkl PF 17 at 53 lbs. The spin is very good. Plow through is decent and controllable.

I'm satisfied but I may just try kevlar 18 for the main instead. Anyone has such setup on their Ozone?

I played with the OPT for a while and now I play with the FXP Prestige Mid, both 18x20 frames. my favorite set up is Forten Thin Blend which is 18g Kevlar mains and 17g syn gut crosses. I think it would work very well in the Oz PT, amazing bite and surprisingly easy on the arm. String main between 50-55, enjoy

falc
03-29-2009, 12:31 AM
Chris, mine is the OzT 16x19, not the PT. But i think i will still go ahead to give the thin blend a try. My main worry is it may be too low power.

kashgotmoney
03-29-2009, 12:47 AM
I have found the perfect setup.

Signum Pro Poly Plasma 16 in the mains at 55lbs

Prince Synthetic Gut Multi 16 in the crosses at 57 lbs.

Right now, i am trying out new crosses because mine break every 3 days. even poly last me 4-5 days sometimes 3, depends on the poly.

So i am keeping the sppp in the mains for sure, i love this poly, i will take this over ANY poly anyday.

For the crosses i have limited my choices to these after trying 7 different things.

Technifibre Multi Feel 16

IsoSpeed Energetic Plus 16

Wilson Sensation 16 ( its cheap if you buy in a reel so i dont mind thi sbreaking fast, it comes out to 2.50$ for a half set with a reel.)