PDA

View Full Version : New Comparative reviews now at TW

TW Staff
03-01-2005, 10:18 AM
RadicalTourist compares the Fischer Pro Tour Extreme FT, Prince Tour NXG Graphite MP and the Babolat Pure Control Team Plus MP
http://www.tenniswarehouse.com/playtests/rtour02.html

NoBadMojo compares the Babolat AeroPro Drive Plus, Fischer Pro Tour FT and the Tecnifibre TFight 315
http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/playtests/NOBAD3.html

Please note: The Fischer Pro Tour FT is due in stock 3/8.

Chris, TW.

NoBadMojo
03-02-2005, 09:49 AM
Props to you Radical on a really well done playtest. Are you sure you are a 3.5 and not some sort of sandbagger? ;O Edo

SouPar
03-02-2005, 11:59 AM
NoBadMojo:

I found your comparative review very useful - thanks for posting! Just a quick question - feedback from two people for the Babolat AeroPro Drive (TW APD page) seems to indicate that this racquet may be a problem for people not having a semi-western or westerm grip, since the throat tends to swing in early, thus leading to timing problems! Since you have a Eastern grip, did you notice any such problems with the AeroPro Drive during your playtest? Any info you can shed on this issue will be very helpful - thanks!

mutt
03-02-2005, 01:51 PM
hi,
Do you know what is the link to see all the comparative review?

thank you

radical tourist
03-02-2005, 01:57 PM
I'm a 3.5 trying hard to sound like a sandbagger, NBM. ;-)

NoBadMojo
03-02-2005, 02:06 PM
radical you're doing a good job man! good work! ;O

SouPar thanks. I had no trouble at all with that frame w.my eastern..i could spin away w. variations..i tend to go semi western on higher balls and almost continental if i have to on really low ones..eastern is my basic ralley grip ..the frame did well for me no matter what grip i used, but low balls seemed to fly on me a bit because you cant really spin those as much as you like at times..slower swng speeds decreased control i've found..i think you really have to be able to tightly spin the ball w. this frame.

hedonist
03-02-2005, 02:21 PM
hi,
Do you know what is the link to see all the comparative review?

thank you
http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/playtests/

SouPar
03-02-2005, 02:41 PM
NoBadMojo - Thanks....my grip variation is very similar to yours, so that was very useful information for me. Thanks again!

BreakPoint
03-02-2005, 03:04 PM
http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/playtests/

For some reason there are no reviews listed under Slazenger even though a couple of us have done comparative reviews of the Pro X-1.

Also, how do you find this page from the home page or from anywhere else? Is there a link somewhere?

monologuist
03-02-2005, 04:33 PM
I didn't find the aero shape to hinder an eastern grip necessarily, but when you slide over to semi-western, its like everything slips into the groove....hard to desribe until you try it; it just feels like it was made for semi-western and beyond. When the racquet is at that angle, you can feel a sudden shift in aerodynamics, and the racquet begins to practically swing itself...it's a strange sensation; as if there was some flight trajectory mapped out and the racquet just flows in that direction - like if you stick your hand out the window while you are driving and change the angle of it....when it hits the right angle (flat), all of a sudden there's virtually no wind resistance....I agree that having pretty good spin and depth control would best utilize the Aeropro Drive, but in a way it actually makes spin and depth control EASIER if you hit with those grips, and find that "air resistance groove" I'm talking about; cuz when I did, even taking big swipes at the ball would result in a groundie that took a nosedive before the baseline (if I wasn't careful, sometimes even too shallow!) If you watch Nadal play, you'll notice that even when he absolutely cranks his forehands, a lot of times they bounce suprisingly short, but jump UP like crazy! The commentators during the Davis Cup and Australian Open mentioned these "short balls" as maybe something he should work on, but from what I could see, people had just as hard a time returning those supposed "short balls", probably cuz they were jumping so high and fast.

I also agree that low balls were more problematic as you had to hit them more flat, resulting in a significant loss of control. With the Aeropro Control this was noticeable as well, but not as problematic. If I were primarily an eastern hitter or made a living at the net, I'm not sure I'd go with either Aeropro model, or any Babolat for that matter though....there are surely better racquets for that...unless your control is so good it doesn't matter like with the pros.

equinox
03-03-2005, 05:08 AM
Thank you for the informative reviews RadicalTourist and NBM.

SouPar
03-03-2005, 08:38 AM
monologuist - thanks also for your insights and experience with the Babolat APD!