PDA

View Full Version : The Best String and Tension for A TopSpin player

trubin12
02-19-2009, 07:16 AM
I am a tournament player and hit with Heavy topsion( left-handed) and i am a semi-aggresive player.

I hit with a Micrgoel Prestige Pro and want to find some string and aan appropriate tension so that i can get a little more spin but still get some POP on the ball

Valjean
02-19-2009, 07:46 AM
Compared to what current string you use now, and are used to?

baselinerbob
02-19-2009, 07:47 AM
as a baseliner with heavy forehand topspin i use a blend of alu pwer rough and babolat natural gut...both 16 gauge and strung in the low 60s. i play with a volkl dnx 9. i've found that config to play well but i look forward to seeing what others suggest.

wao
02-19-2009, 10:19 AM
I am a tournament player and hit with Heavy topsion( left-handed) and i am a semi-aggresive player.

I hit with a Micrgoel Prestige Pro and want to find some string and aan appropriate tension so that i can get a little more spin but still get some POP on the ballI use Pro Supex Blue Gear 1.28 in my mains at 52 and Max Touch 16 in the crossed at 55. BG is as it name discribes a gear'd shape string. You can do a search for other comments on this string. I have used ALU R and IMO BG puts more spin on the ball with all other things being equal ( technique ect.).

Nellie
02-19-2009, 11:32 AM
I find that Kirschbaum spiky shark 17's at the low end of the racquet tension spectrum (53 for me) gives a lot of spin and power - ground strokes are awesome, but I have been sailing some returns of serve, which I hit a lot flatter.

wao
02-19-2009, 11:59 AM
I find that Kirschbaum spiky shark 17's at the low end of the racquet tension spectrum (53 for me) gives a lot of spin and power - ground strokes are awesome, but I have been sailing some returns of serve, which I hit a lot flatter.Nellie, does shark play as stiff as Super Spiky. It's been years since I have played with it.

Nellie
02-19-2009, 12:22 PM
I think that the Spiky shark is a softer and last longer, but does not have as much control.

trubin12
02-19-2009, 12:23 PM
Compared to what current string you use now, and are used to?

I think the WIlson SUper Spin at a tension of 59 or 60
and aome orange polyester string that i come to love but dont know what kind of string it is that is strung at probably 60

trubin12
02-19-2009, 12:24 PM
as a baseliner with heavy forehand topspin i use a blend of alu pwer rough and babolat natural gut...both 16 gauge and strung in the low 60s. i play with a volkl dnx 9. i've found that config to play well but i look forward to seeing what others suggest.

I cant use natural most of the time because i pop string frequently.

vndesu
02-19-2009, 12:27 PM
its different compared to others.
some ppl like 62 for tension.
some ppl like hybrids or poly.

i prefer all my racquets with pro supex or iso speed baseline spin at 70+