PDA

View Full Version : Ram granted Dubai Visa

batz
02-19-2009, 08:13 AM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/tennis/7894485.stm

saram
02-19-2009, 08:43 AM
This is good to hear. Although does not make up for Peer's denied access.

edmondsm
02-19-2009, 09:23 AM
I don't get it then. Is this supposed to serve as a concession? Them letting Ram play nulifies all the reasons that we thought they had for not letting Peer play. If it was political, if it was "for security reasons", it's all moot now.

Dubai comes out of this looking very pathetic.

seffina
02-19-2009, 09:29 AM
Yeah, it makes no sense.

Maybe because Ram was born in Uruguay and the fact that Peer is a little more involved with the military?

Either way it still makes no sense.

coloskier
02-19-2009, 03:40 PM
Yeah, it makes no sense.

Maybe because Ram was born in Uruguay and the fact that Peer is a little more involved with the military?

Either way it still makes no sense.

It makes perfect sense. Dubai figured out in time that if they blocked both Israeli players that they were going to lose both tournaments. So they let the man play, since in Islam women are only servants anyway.

The-Champ
02-19-2009, 03:55 PM
It makes perfect sense. Dubai figured out in time that if they blocked both Israeli players that they were going to lose both tournaments. So they let the man play, since in Islam women are only servants anyway.

so why are the other women allowed to play? doesn't make sense

saram
02-19-2009, 03:58 PM
I don't get it then. Is this supposed to serve as a concession? Them letting Ram play nulifies all the reasons that we thought they had for not letting Peer play. If it was political, if it was "for security reasons", it's all moot now.

Dubai comes out of this looking very pathetic.

I agree--makes no sense at all. There is no pacification in this at all. Does not make up for Peer's denial. I hope that both the WTA and ATP dump Dubai next year.

Sephiroth_FFVII
02-19-2009, 04:33 PM

Please don't make assumptions about a religion that you have little to no knowledge about.

Islam actually cherishes equality between the genders and races. It is not Islams fault that idiots around the world confuse their culture with their religion. They are not the same.

P_Agony
02-19-2009, 05:01 PM
Andy getting a visa is good, but it's too little too late I think. Peer's denied access should not be forgotten.

Tennis_Monk
02-19-2009, 06:52 PM

How did you end up with that opinion?. As far as i know no religion says that. There are crazy people all over who can twist the religious sayings to anything they want it to be.

[d]ragon
02-19-2009, 09:00 PM
He probably has dual citizenship since his mom is from Uruguay and he was born there. Anyone know who his doubles partner will be? Erlich (born his Argentina I think)?

Fee
02-19-2009, 10:02 PM
ragon;3148193']He probably has dual citizenship since his mom is from Uruguay and he was born there. Anyone know who his doubles partner will be? Erlich (born his Argentina I think)?

He said he hasn't renewed or traveled on his Uruguay passport in years. He is entering as an Israeli citizen. Erlich had elbow surgery and hasn't played since last year. Not sure who Andy is playing with next week, he's playing with Julian Knowle this week in Marseille.

coloskier
02-20-2009, 09:30 AM
How did you end up with that opinion?. As far as i know no religion says that. There are crazy people all over who can twist the religious sayings to anything they want it to be.

Because I actually spent a few years over there and have seen it with my own eyes.

icedevil0289
02-20-2009, 09:48 AM
Because I actually spent a few years over there and have seen it with my own eyes.

so because you spent a couple years in a place where you witnessed the mistreatment of women, you assume the entire religion is like that?