PDA

View Full Version : Babolat launch new gear...

Sir Andrew of Roddick
02-19-2009, 09:39 AM
Sooooo pretty much everyone who cares for the brand would have known that they had that mysterious launch thingymajiggy today, only dealers could request an access code, im betting TW were there, but we won't be getting anything out of them.

So was anyone there who wants to spill the beans/petit pois/canned hotdogs/any other type of food that would 'spill' out of its container?

I'm assuming that it was all about the new Pure Drive, this new 'R' string that Nadal and Roddick said no to, and the new series of shoes, but if anyone was there that knows about anything more... goddamit let us know!!!

Not that I can afford to buy the stuff, with just about the entire world in recession.

I understand that last note was rather negative, so, to lighten things up a bit, feel free to list any other food items that would 'spill' out of their respective containers :)

Sir Andrew

TennisandMusic
02-19-2009, 09:44 AM
Well your last sentence makes no sense to me :-P, but yeah hopefully someone spills the beans. There HAS to be something new, because that is how they were promoting the event. I find it hard to believe their marketing would point to just another pure drive, new poly string, and the propulse 2's.

Nickk
02-19-2009, 09:47 AM
-olives
-corn
-tomatoes, diced or otherwise
-bread, yes in New England you can buy bread in a can.

please someone spill the bread

LSStringing
02-19-2009, 09:53 AM
They launched 5 new frames for the club level player. They are trying to break into the club / recreational market that Prince, Wilson and Head seem to dominate in. Not incredibly impressing, but you never know until you hold the racquet...

Staiger
02-19-2009, 09:59 AM
I am looking forward to a new version of the Aeropro Drive , the current one with the Cortex is absolutely garbage

LSStringing
02-19-2009, 10:01 AM
They came out with three different models of the "Y" 112 and two different models of the "Y" 118. Interestingly enough, they are trying to promote VS Gut as your string of choice while playing with these frames...go figure.:)

Sir Andrew of Roddick
02-19-2009, 10:08 AM
-olives
-corn
-tomatoes, diced or otherwise
-bread, yes in New England you can buy bread in a can.

please someone spill the bread

That's a nice list of spillable items, due to general ignorance I wasn't aware of the 'bread in a can', but would that spill out? Or to say is it actual ready made bread? In which case would it 'spill' so to speak? Or would it 'slide'?

Also, to the post that commented on the garbage-like Aeropro Drive with the Cortex, yes I agree, I think they really should have released models with and without the Cortex, I just cannot get to grip with the rackets with the Cortex doohicky, and where the hell can you buy the original versions of these Cortex rackets new these days?

SA

julian
02-19-2009, 06:20 PM
They came out with three different models of the "Y" 112 and two different models of the "Y" 118. Interestingly enough, they are trying to promote VS Gut as your string of choice while playing with these frames...go figure.:)

I am embarassed to ask:
is 112 referring to a size of a frame?

String|Guru
02-19-2009, 06:29 PM
I just blogged about this...

http://www.essentialtennis.com/gearReviewBlog/

USAF - 1
02-19-2009, 08:24 PM
I just blogged about this...

http://www.essentialtennis.com/gearReviewBlog/

Sub 10 oz 118 sq inches? No thanks. But its possible that others will want them. Seems like a pretty crowded area to be in. Sometimes it is just better to focus on your strengths, i.e. the Pure Drive and Aerodrive lines.