PDA

View Full Version : Was my Prince O3 Speedport black string incorrectly?

webbeing
02-19-2009, 02:38 PM
Hello,

My Prince O3 Speed Port black is strung with one type of string. I saw only two string knots on my racquet, one at the hole (at the head) labeled "short side M tie off", and the other at the bottom hole labeled "tie X off". Both holes are on the same side.

The below Prince's instruction is either for hybrid only, or even for uni-string, the uni-string need to be cut into two pieces and string as indicated. Thanks for any help!

http://www.princetennis.com/tennis/files/stringing_instructions/o3_speedport_black_SI.pdf

ODYSSEY Mk.4
02-19-2009, 02:51 PM
well was it strung 1 piece or 2?

Dave M
02-19-2009, 02:54 PM
Sounds liike its been done as a one piece, two knots would be correct in that case.Did you ask for something else?

ODYSSEY Mk.4
02-19-2009, 02:56 PM
right if its one piece its right since one piece would never need 2 main tie offs and starting knot

webbeing
02-19-2009, 02:58 PM
It's done in one piece, so it's o.k then. Many thanks.

bsandy
02-19-2009, 03:35 PM
Quick note:

For most racquets, it doesn't matter which side you do the short side on. For the O's and some of the old rollers racquets if you were doing one piece and you didn't start the short side on the correct side, the crosses wouldn't zig zag in the correct holes.

There wouldn't be a hole called "Short Side Tie Off" unless one piece was on the menu.

. . . Bud