PDA

View Full Version : Hit with Davydenko & played a set

Cl1ntrock
02-19-2009, 02:46 PM
i hit with nikolay and played a set recently..u wanna know anything>>??
he is a great quiet guy who drills on court like a machine once u feed a ball.
so intense its a joke..played first 2 eleven and the way he digs out balls
and recovers is amazing..where others take 3 steps he makes 7..
and give him quality shots otherwise u hit the rodeo and he wont let u out..
punishes bad quality straight away..
the set was a bit different..than feeding elevens out of the hand..
he was hitting a more neutral ball..it was a great experience..

Lotto
02-19-2009, 02:49 PM
God guys on this forum are hitting with a lot of pros recently~! Sounds cool. I'd love to hit with Federer. Dream come true that would be.

icedevil0289
02-19-2009, 02:50 PM
God guys on this forum are hitting with a lot of pros recently~! Sounds cool. I'd love to hit with Federer. Dream come true that would be.

i don't think I would be able to hit anything back, if I were to ever it with federer. I would probably just stand there in awe or something.

diadorakuerten
02-19-2009, 02:51 PM
What was your set score with Nikolay?

vmosrafa08
02-19-2009, 02:53 PM
i don't think I would be able to hit anything back, if I were to ever it with federer. I would probably just stand there in awe or something.

Effort!...

rubberduckies
02-19-2009, 03:09 PM

I would try not to hit too much topspin to his backhand, so the rallies can last longer :)

Cl1ntrock
02-19-2009, 03:10 PM
i was 2-4 break down and broke back held serve 4-4 and had 30-30 and thought..**** this guys top5 in the world(last year)..and lost the set 6-4..

few months later i played juergen melzer,max gonzales,junqueira,rochus and al aynaoui...:)

luckyboy1300
02-19-2009, 03:32 PM
I would try not to hit too much topspin to his backhand, so the rallies can last longer :)

are you nadal? lolz

Cl1ntrock
02-19-2009, 03:35 PM
No mate..but tryin 2 play as good as i can

TheMagicianOfPrecision
02-19-2009, 03:35 PM

Lol,i have to agree. I would probably shake and wouldnt be able to hit a baloon

blackfrido
02-19-2009, 03:36 PM
Have you played in a video game with Davydenko?

oneguy21
02-19-2009, 03:36 PM
lies

10 char

Staiger
02-19-2009, 03:39 PM
i was 2-4 break down and broke back held serve 4-4 and had 30-30 and thought..**** this guys top5 in the world(last year)..and lost the set 6-4..

few months later i played juergen melzer,max gonzales,junqueira,rochus and al aynaoui...:)

and how do you get to play with Davydenko and you must be in the world top 500 if the scoreline you wrote is actually correct ?

DoubleDeuce
You taped the set, right?

WHSTENNIS
lies

10 char
I second this.
Is this thread a Joke ! what do you mean by ''few months later i played .....''
do u mean a few months earlier ?

and how do you get to play with Davydenko and you must be in the world top 500 if the scoreline you wrote is actually correct ?

It is Bull! Enough said

And this.

Cl1ntrock
02-19-2009, 03:42 PM
jap i was top 500..current top 800 due 2 injury.. last year i played
1.Bundesliga in germany and beat melzer and m.gonzales ..

pricey_aus
02-19-2009, 03:44 PM
your clint thomson right?

good on yah man...some people where talking about you at the mildura futures...

good stuff

Cl1ntrock
02-19-2009, 03:44 PM
nikolai was last year 2..because i read the threads about people hitting with verdasco and guys replying interested i though i put my experiences out there..

crystal_clear
02-19-2009, 03:45 PM

Good strategy~:)

Cl1ntrock
02-19-2009, 03:46 PM
no way...what were they saying...havent been 2 OZ in while..love 2 head back this year for a few tourneys

Staiger
02-19-2009, 03:46 PM
Davydenko--(----

pricey_aus
02-19-2009, 03:48 PM
Just about how your ranking dropped a bit...but i heard u lost to greg jones a while ago in a future final yeah?

where you at the ais?

pricey_aus
02-19-2009, 03:50 PM
Look like someone been day-dreaming at work ! lol

You might as well wrote that you beaten Davydenko and then move to the next court and gave Safin a beating as well , then you thought maybe one more and went up to Simon and ask him to play a tie-breaker with you !

and buddy, i wouldnt be suprised. Heaps of lower ranked Aussie guys and Juniors get to hit with pro's through tennis australia. I know guys who hit with rafa, federer, cilic, roddick, blake, and alot of the girls. so no he is not day-dreaming

saram
02-19-2009, 03:52 PM
Holy crap...a touring pro on TW. That's kinda cool...

Satch
02-19-2009, 03:55 PM
this thread is useless w/o pics.

Staiger
02-19-2009, 03:56 PM
fair play to him ! why didnt he say who he was earlier , I thought it was some kids making stuff up ..

Nice one Clint , but you should have beaten Davydenko when you had that chance at 4-4... and shouldnt think too much who you playing .....

Cl1ntrock
02-19-2009, 03:56 PM
No nothing 2 do with AIS..i am on my own..i had some viruses and ankle problems..rolled same foot a few tomes of court...bad news..i am in germany..yea i played greg in the final..he played well..

mate..nikolay trains in germany 20 minutes from my place..i hit with his brothers son phillip 2..on monday i am set up with bjoern phau..there are a bunch of guys around were i live. ..petzschner,peya,meffert and so on..
been working with em..bt their numbers every monday on atp are just better

saram
02-19-2009, 03:57 PM
No nothing 2 do with AIS..i am on my own..i had some viruses and ankle problems..rolled same foot a few tomes of court...bad news..i am in germany..yea i played greg in the final..he played well..

mate..nikolay trains in germany 20 minutes from my place..i hit with his brothers son phillip 2..on monday i am set up with bjoern phau..there are a bunch of guys around were i live. ..petzschner,peya,meffert and so on..

how heavy of a ball does davy hit?

oneguy21
02-19-2009, 03:59 PM
okay...i'm starting to believe. do you have any pictures or videos?

Cl1ntrock
02-19-2009, 03:59 PM
STAIGER u are right..

well i am just cruisin through TW and putting some oppinions out there..

saram
02-19-2009, 04:00 PM
okay...i'm starting to believe. do you have any pictures or videos?

I would imagine not many pros keep vids and images around for proof of hitting with another pro. I'm starting to believe as well. Kinda cool, no?

Cl1ntrock
02-19-2009, 04:02 PM
no mate..but u can check out..

http://stc02.de/bilder_stc_mannheim.html

and klick 2 the side..i am the guy shaking melzers hand in black..

Lotto
02-19-2009, 04:03 PM
STAIGER u are right..

well i am just cruisin through TW and putting some oppinions out there..

Have you ever hit with any of the Irish pros?? Louk Sorensen, Conor Niland, Colin O'Brien, James McGee?? Sorensen lived and grew up in Germany I think when his dad moved there........

Cl1ntrock
02-19-2009, 04:04 PM
thats it..not alot of pics and vids..i only got some volleys on youtube..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlTuR2yoTK4

Staiger
02-19-2009, 04:05 PM
Did you hit with Peya as well, his forehand is awsome ! a little flat but wow !

Cl1ntrock
02-19-2009, 04:06 PM
i know louk..nice guy..played with him few tourneys and hit 2 years back..he was one of the guys 2 play with djokovics true raquet..he knew the head guy of wilson..and got the painted blade with a head raquet underneath it..

oneguy21
02-19-2009, 04:06 PM
ok i believe you 89.63 percent.

Cl1ntrock
02-19-2009, 04:07 PM
yeaa..trained with him..we were in one squad..hes back in austria now..great doubles player

Lotto
02-19-2009, 04:09 PM
i know louk..nice guy..played with him few tourneys and hit 2 years back..he was one of the guys 2 play with djokovics true raquet..he knew the head guy of wilson..and got the painted blade with a head raquet underneath it..

Yeah, he's still using it 8). He's been injured though. We missed him desperately for the Davis Cup against Ukraine. We needed him to take out Stahkovsky. Niland nearly did it in 5. But lost 7-5 in the 5th :(

Are you similar standard as in would you have close matches? Do you think he could do well if he stays away from injuries??

Cl1ntrock
02-19-2009, 04:12 PM
yea Y not..i mean thats the key..i wouldnt be hanging so far back if i had some consistencey..louk won a challenger ..and is a hungry player..
we are all so close together..there are just some fine differences seperating from the top,,.all possible..

Staiger
02-19-2009, 04:16 PM
I hit with Alex.Bogdenovic once , a few years back (you prob met him in one of the future events) , and you could really tell that he had the talent to become a top player ...He had great ground strokes , move well round the court and was hammering his first serve with great pace and accuracy (but you can start to read the serve after a while)
Wonder what happened to him ?

Cl1ntrock
02-19-2009, 04:17 PM
yea heard of him..dunno mate

jefferson
02-19-2009, 04:19 PM
THat video of you volleying is textbook. I will use to show some of my lazy footed students! (if you dont mind that is) Tennis is your full time gig? Hope you heal up and make a splash this season.

Lotto
02-19-2009, 04:22 PM
Yes, that is some crazy footwork. I wish my feet moved like that :neutral:

Cl1ntrock
02-19-2009, 04:26 PM
hahaha..thank guys..and serious my coach wasnt 2 happy with that session..we are working on reaction volleys making on quick step 2 either side and keeping hand 4ward..staying balanced..i am in preparation at the moment gaining some fitness back 2 head out for tourneys in few weeks..

Cl1ntrock
02-19-2009, 04:27 PM
yea tennis full time..

Lotto
02-19-2009, 04:27 PM
hahaha..thank guys..and serious my coach wasnt 2 happy with that session..we are working on reaction volleys making on quick step 2 either side and keeping hand 4ward..staying balanced..i am in preparation at the moment gaining some fitness back 2 head out for tourneys in few weeks..

You should try and get into the Irish Challenger??

Cl1ntrock
02-19-2009, 04:30 PM
the one on syn grass..???ebelthite played well there once huh>>??
and kickstarted zverevs carreer as well..i should think about it:)

Staiger
02-19-2009, 04:33 PM
Thats the best drill to get you back on the track, players often lose their coordination if they had a lay-off
and is that a Head Radical you are using or is it a paint-job?

Cl1ntrock
02-19-2009, 04:35 PM
TKG237.1 head prestige MID..played prestige 630 b4

oneguy21
02-19-2009, 04:35 PM
If you could, post a video of you hitting under tips and instruction...preferably with the camera behind you.

I just want to see how you hit. So please do, if you don't mind.

Lotto
02-19-2009, 04:37 PM
the one on syn grass..???ebelthite played well there once huh>>??
and kickstarted zverevs carreer as well..i should think about it:)

Yeah, the one on syn grass. I'm sick of syn grass courts :evil: It's the main court in Ireland. And real grass is the ONLY surface I've never played on. I played on a fast indoor hard today. Loved it, way better than syn grass but a bit too fast for my slow feet. lol.

You should play it. I didn't go to it this year though. I was in spain I think. Seriously though, it would be good craic. And there's plenty of young guns like John Morrissey and Sam Barry who I say would love to act as a hitting partner. Morrissey qualified for the main draw of Junior Aussie Open this year 8)

There's a good few class 1 tennis players aswell. My coach is one. It would be fun watching you and him hit. He's played at Wimbledon for Oxford University and he beat a ranked Irish pro (1186 in world) so he's not too shabby lol 8)

When's your first tourney of the year or do you know yet??

SourStraws
02-19-2009, 04:43 PM
Great story and great volleys.... Nice to have someone of your caliber on the site, man... Keep it upp!

S.S.

Cl1ntrock
02-19-2009, 04:43 PM
yea mate..i will bring out a video from baseline..

not sure were i will head..few futures and a challenger somewhere,.starting in march

Cl1ntrock
02-19-2009, 04:45 PM
thanks mate.,.appreciate...:)

Lotto
02-19-2009, 04:58 PM
Cool. Good luck with the tourneys anyway.

Ever hit with Fed or Nadal?? If you could hit with one pro player on the tour who would it be and why?? Would you say the ball they hit is much different to the other top pros?? Or yours even??

Fedace
02-19-2009, 05:00 PM
Ohhh, i get it. Was this on a Playstation 2 ? Killer Topspin ?

SaunderS
02-19-2009, 05:02 PM
Alex Bogdanovic is GB #2. I remember watchin him in Davis Cup vs Austria. He's a great player.

Staiger
02-19-2009, 05:05 PM
i found the 'pro' can produce a great acceleration on the racket head from a short back-swing , so it is harder to read what pace , spin , direction they put on to the ball

Lotto
Ohhh, i get it. Was this on a Playstation 2 ? Killer Topspin ?

I believe him tbh. The thing about the Sorensen racquet did it 100% for me and the videos helped. Now that "Roger Federer" and "Rafael Nadal" (who SWEARS he is) on Bebo(Same as facebook, myspace etc.) I do not believe even 1% lol. There's only one of each of them on Bebo but still. lol. Why do people do that. :confused: Stupidity.

As for this being the real clint I believe him. Too much evidence....

Cl1ntrock
Fed if i wanna have some fun-
Rafa if i wanna grind a session 2 the fullest...
well i know FEDS and rafas forhand exelerates unbelievably as soon as the ball hits the ground...so much weight..
Fed should be a joke how the ball takes of when he realy cracks one..its not the power its the spin ...rafa the same
i mean...top 5 ate the moment is unbelievable...seperate boys from the guys..they STILL just play the ball...BUT THEY ARE FIT AS HELL

Cl1ntrock
02-19-2009, 05:07 PM
and with the weight of the ball i mean standing on court perspective not the way it looks on tv or from outside..the impact on ur raquet and deapth,weight how it takes of when u try 2 hit hit...davydenko was already ripping the crap out of it...

Fedace
02-19-2009, 05:10 PM
thats it..not alot of pics and vids..i only got some volleys on youtube..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlTuR2yoTK4

This guy is pretty good. He could even make the Stanford team, perhaps ??:)

Lotto
02-19-2009, 05:11 PM
and with the weight of the ball i mean standing on court perspective not the way it looks on tv or from outside..the impact on ur raquet and deapth,weight how it takes of when u try 2 hit hit...davydenko was already ripping the crap out of it...

Was he?!

Have you ever hit with Rafa or Rog??

Or anyone else in the top 10 apart from Davy?

Fedace
02-19-2009, 05:14 PM

So what do you think ? Can you pretty much handle American Division 1 tennis players with ease ? :confused:

Staiger
02-19-2009, 05:15 PM
Alex Bogdanovic is GB #2. I remember watchin him in Davis Cup vs Austria. He's a great player.

I thought he was British , good player .... so I guess he made progress since we met. British no.2 ! we surely took a different path to tennis afterward

Cl1ntrock
02-19-2009, 05:16 PM
no mate..but my coach knows em and the guys i practice with hit with em and matched against em..so we kinda discuss it all at lunch u know what i mean..i played doubs against santoro..that was impressive

Cl1ntrock
02-19-2009, 05:20 PM
u should know that there are enough players from college makin it through..u win some and loose some..i know alot of former players pepperdine and UCLA...

petzschner is a great player..he won WIEN aka VIENNA out of nowhere..trained with him a few times...

pcpshortbus
02-19-2009, 05:20 PM
no mate..but my coach knows em and the guys i practice with hit with em and matched against em..so we kinda discuss it all at lunch u know what i mean..i played doubs against santoro..that was impressive

do you know Sten van Beurden?

Cl1ntrock
02-19-2009, 05:22 PM
no i dont............

Staiger
02-19-2009, 05:23 PM
Heard that Roger doesnt really take his practice on court that seriously .. maybe he just not showing it , also he dont spend that much time on his serve

Fedace
02-19-2009, 05:27 PM
u should know that there are enough players from college makin it through..u win some and loose some..i know alot of former players pepperdine and UCLA...

petzschner is a great player..he won WIEN aka VIENNA out of nowhere..trained with him a few times...

There is this guy named Omar Altmann in Pepperdine who has a very impressive game. I think he is the best player but he plays #2 singles. Huge serves and he backs it up well with Agressive game. Noone from UCLA impresses me at the moment.
and you are right about Petschner. he is a very talented player. What happened to him ??

Cl1ntrock
02-19-2009, 05:28 PM
found a backhand video of mine..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIJcdMC16rk&feature=channel_page

Docalex007
02-19-2009, 05:29 PM

Hey are you around Trier/Luxembourg? I'm in Bitburg just half an hour from Trier and a few minutes from Lux.

I heard Davy was in that area but I'm not sure. Get back to me, mate!

saram
02-19-2009, 05:29 PM
So what do you think ? Can you pretty much handle American Division 1 tennis players with ease ? :confused:

Please, Fedace. How often does a touring pro end up here sharing information. Don't make the mistake of being a fool and run him off of here instantly, okay?

Fedace
02-19-2009, 05:30 PM

Very Impressive Clean Hitting there. and Nice Racket Acceleration. but can you handle high bouncing topspin shots from that side ?? What is your approach when you see a Nadal like topspin coming at your backhand side ?

saram
02-19-2009, 05:31 PM

Sweet backhand, mate. Truly impressive. FXP MP or PJ?

Staiger
02-19-2009, 05:34 PM
Very Impressive Clean Hitting there. and Nice Racket Acceleration. but can you handle high bouncing topspin shots from that side ?? What is your approach when you see a Nadal like topspin coming at your backhand side ?

You should have directed that question to Federer !
Are you still doubting that he wont make it in Divison 1:)

Cl1ntrock
02-19-2009, 05:39 PM
it was the original FLEXpoint..not many played it..but i liked it..signum in it
on PJ now..
i get alot of feedback on the style of my single hander..even the few top 100s say its crazy mate..open ur eyes on the next one please

Fedace
02-19-2009, 05:40 PM
You should have directed that question to Federer !
Are you still doubting that he wont make it in Divison 1:)

I agree, that his Racket head accelaration is very impressive. something you don't see in a typical college player. but you can find it in the very best division 1 players like Clayton for instance.

TonLars
02-19-2009, 05:41 PM
Awesome, good luck to you, I would love the opportunity to do what you are doing

Do you know of or have heard of Boris Bakalov? Ive played him a few times and knew him in college, he's German, just wondering

Cl1ntrock
02-19-2009, 05:41 PM
but thats what i would say if i am 79 in the world loosing a set 06 to a player 500s...he told me on change of ends i shall wake up...not very nice...LOST on 3sets

Cl1ntrock
02-19-2009, 05:42 PM
no mate i dont

Fedace
02-19-2009, 05:42 PM
on PJ now..
i get alot of feedback on the style of my single hander..even the few top 100s say its crazy mate..open ur eyes on the next one please

On high and heavy topspins, do you just take it on the rise and rip it ?? this is probably easy for you but it is very tough to do for us amateurs. thanks.

miniRafa386
02-19-2009, 05:43 PM
There is this guy named Omar Altmann in Pepperdine who has a very impressive game. I think he is the best player but he plays #2 singles. Huge serves and he backs it up well with Agressive game. Noone from UCLA impresses me at the moment.
and you are right about Petschner. he is a very talented player. What happened to him ??

fedace are you on the stanford team?

Docalex007
02-19-2009, 05:44 PM
Hey are you around Trier/Luxembourg? I'm in Bitburg just half an hour from Trier and a few minutes from Lux.

Just wondering, I'm pretty sure I heard something about Davy living or training around here.

Fedace
02-19-2009, 05:47 PM
fedace are you on the stanford team?

NO, i graduated years ago. but i know for a fact that there is so much talent out on the tour that even for the very best division 1 player, it is very tough to make it in the tour.

Cl1ntrock
02-19-2009, 05:47 PM
yea mate..try 2 hit balls als early as possible..no hangin back on the fence..if u learn 2 stand on top of the court dictating and taking balls early u will see how easy some matches come through ..u feel like owner of the court..
nothing better then pulling a guy of court..stepping in and givin him less time..

miniRafa386
02-19-2009, 05:48 PM
NO, i graduated years ago. but i know for a fact that there is so much talent out on the tour that even for the very best division 1 player, it is very tough to make it in the tour.

oh i wasnt sure, i thought you might have been alex clayton from your default pic

Staiger
02-19-2009, 05:48 PM
I agree, that his Racket head accelaration is very impressive. something you don't see in a typical college player. but you can find it in the very best division 1 players like Clayton for instance.

Yep , that was what I said earlier , top players have great acceleration on the racket head with short backswing , and it is hard to judge how much pace and spin they are going to put on. they are great at opening up the court with their shots as well !

Cl1ntrock
02-19-2009, 05:49 PM
DOCALEX..i am by cologne-duesseldorf...its not so close 2 trier..few houndret km

Fedace
02-19-2009, 05:50 PM
yea mate..try 2 hit balls als early as possible..no hangin back on the fence..if u learn 2 stand on top of the court dictating and taking balls early u will see how easy some matches come through ..u feel like owner of the court..
nothing better then pulling a guy of court..stepping in and givin him less time..

Thanks, You are the Best. Best wishes in the tour. Will be watching for you in the Slams.

Cl1ntrock
02-19-2009, 05:51 PM
i dont know what he means 2 u but i smoked ryler de heardt...he is USA boy

Cl1ntrock
02-19-2009, 05:52 PM
didi he play college??

Cl1ntrock
02-19-2009, 05:53 PM
thanks mate appreciate

Staiger
02-19-2009, 05:54 PM

It is players like you that make us look like an amature on the court :) lol ,

so I guess that you take those heavy topspin ball to your backhand side on the rise/early !

Fedace
02-19-2009, 05:54 PM

Ryler was considered one of the elite Division 1 college player when he was playing for Illinois. so if you smoked him then You must have that special next level talent. good luck to you and thanks for sharing your information.

Docalex007
02-19-2009, 05:58 PM
DOCALEX..i am by cologne-duesseldorf...its not so close 2 trier..few houndret km

Köln/Düsseldorf eh? Schöne Städte! Hab nicht gedacht, dass Davy da oben trainert.

Ebenfalls super Rückhand!

Testing the good old german :)

Staiger
02-19-2009, 05:58 PM
Good luck Clint .. .. all the best in 2009 mate !

Cl1ntrock
02-19-2009, 06:00 PM
ryler is a good guy though ..i played well that day..
WELL with some consistancy and health i wouldnt be ranked where i am now..but thats how it is..the ranking doesnt lie..so i will take step by step and see what happens..

enjoy the game..

i will head 2 sleep...see u guys around..

cl1nt

Cl1ntrock
02-19-2009, 06:01 PM
docalex bis spaeter..bin platt...zu spaet..ja er trainniert in mettmann..wo auch das future stattfindet..

gute nacht,..

Cl1ntrock
02-19-2009, 06:02 PM
u guys are awesome..thx for support

Tennis360
02-19-2009, 06:10 PM
nice to have you in this board Clint. and thanks for sharing some info and videos with us....good luck in 2009....i hope you get back on track.

saram
02-19-2009, 06:34 PM
u guys are awesome..thx for support

Guten nacht, Clint. Danke schone!

Nellie
02-19-2009, 06:37 PM
Clint - I was told that it is a lot easier to get your ranking points going around Asia and not Europe. Good luck.

NovakWannabe
02-19-2009, 06:41 PM
It's a great thing you're doing here Clint; whether it is informing us of the Speed Pro or showing us your strokes...I am in awe, that's all I can say. Maybe you can start a thread or blog documenting your life on tour. I for one would be interested how life on the tour is really like.

RoddickAce
02-19-2009, 06:46 PM
Wow, more and more tour pros are posting on this board!

saram
02-19-2009, 07:01 PM
Clint - I was told that it is a lot easier to get your ranking points going around Asia and not Europe. Good luck.

Well, one would have to consider living at home or living abroad and whether that 'ease' comes with a considerably more expensive price tag...I would assume.

Tennisguy777
02-19-2009, 07:11 PM

If I only had your backhand damn, and you're a lefty like me! Who taught you that backhand, cause I've been struggling with it for like 8 years, think I need that coach!

Gugafan
02-19-2009, 07:18 PM
on PJ now..

Hey Clint, what gripsize and grips were you using with the stock FXP MP...Any modifications??.

Thanks

hoahuyen
02-19-2009, 08:13 PM

4.5 max.

Wow, feel so relieved. :twisted:
J/k, this is the best view of the best one-handed backhand I've ever seen. Good luck with your career, Clint. Hope to have a chance to watch you at least on TV in the future.

Cl1ntrock
02-20-2009, 01:53 AM
well if guys are interested in more info about it all i can organize sth.
maybe there can be a thread on this site about it ..and i can post it all in there..but i dont know the HOST here..someone would need 2 arrange that..

anybody know how..??

Duzza
02-20-2009, 02:08 AM
Hey clint just one question, who is financing your full time tennis? It can't cover itself alone can it?

Cl1ntrock
02-20-2009, 02:25 AM
i do it myself..live in germay..alot of tourneys around were u get cheap flights or can drive ..

i earn my money in 1.Bundesliga club tennis ..and when i am fit i normaly play that well that i get out plus-minus 0 and plus in bigger events..
but its tough mate..prizemoney is real low in futures and then 30% tax here and there ..
challenegers main draw it starts 2 become a bit easier..:)

Rob_C
02-20-2009, 02:36 AM
well if guys are interested in more info about it all i can organize sth.
maybe there can be a thread on this site about it ..and i can post it all in there..but i dont know the HOST here..someone would need 2 arrange that..

anybody know how..??

U can start a thread in the match results sections. I'm sure there'll be a lot of interest, and alot of questions for u.

cucio
02-20-2009, 03:12 AM
I think this section (General Pro Player Discussion) is the most appropriate, I don't think such a thread would spoil any match results. A thread called "Clint Thomson's thread" would be fine, I for one would subscribe to it and, if you update often, I'd vote for a sticky.

A word of warning, Clint: a thread like that will inevitably attract some trolls trying to get a rise off you, saying that you are a fake, you suck, trying to rub in a bad result... We had that with Sidney Jim's thread. Best policy is to put them on your "Ignore" list as they appear so you don't have to read their ***** even by accident.

Thanks a lot for taking the time to post here and answer questions, we appreciate it immensely. This forum is full of die-hard tennis fans that will enjoy to no end the kind of information people like you can feed us.

Best of luck with your career, mate.

Rob_C
02-20-2009, 04:35 AM
I think this section (General Pro Player Discussion) is the most appropriate, I don't think such a thread would spoil any match results. A thread called "Clint Thomson's thread" would be fine, I for one would subscribe to it and, if you update often, I'd vote for a sticky.

A word of warning, Clint: a thread like that will inevitably attract some trolls trying to get a rise off you, saying that you are a fake, you suck, trying to rub in a bad result... We had that with Sidney Jim's thread. Best policy is to put them on your "Ignore" list as they appear so you don't have to read their ***** even by accident.

Thanks a lot for taking the time to post here and answer questions, we appreciate it immensely. This forum is full of die-hard tennis fans that will enjoy to no end the kind of information people like you can feed us.

Best of luck with your career, mate.

Well, that was me in the Sydney Jim thread who riled things up a bit. But I did it b/c in another thread he kept calling me an idiot and a moron b/c I disagreed with him on a certain topic.

He thought it was really audacious of me to dare disagree with anything he said. He was really arrogant about how nobody here really knows tennis, and thats why no pros come to the forums, blah, blah, blah.

He made a lot of claims, like he was going to be top 600 by the end of the year, and when the end of the year came and he never even got a single pt, I reminded him of it, b/c I told him it was probably not going to happen.

maximo
02-20-2009, 04:42 AM
Well, that was me in the Sydney Jim thread who riled things up a bit. But I did it b/c in another thread he kept calling me an idiot and a moron b/c I disagreed with him on a certain topic.

He thought it was really audacious of me to dare disagree with anything he said. He was really arrogant about how nobody here really knows tennis, and thats why no pros come to the forums, blah, blah, blah.

He made a lot of claims, like he was going to be top 600 by the end of the year, and when the end of the year came and he never even got a single pt, I reminded him of it, b/c I told him it was probably not going to happen.

That guy must of been a right pain. I can't bare people who think there better then everyone else and must be treated like a god.

blackfrido
02-20-2009, 07:50 AM
i do it myself..live in germay..alot of tourneys around were u get cheap flights or can drive ..

i earn my money in 1.Bundesliga club tennis ..and when i am fit i normaly play that well that i get out plus-minus 0 and plus in bigger events..
but its tough mate..prizemoney is real low in futures and then 30% tax here and there ..
challenegers main draw it starts 2 become a bit easier..:)

Is it truth that a bunch of Argentineans play Bundesliga? Vasallo Arguello, Diego Hartfield, Juan Pablo Brzezicki , etc

blackfrido
02-20-2009, 08:14 AM
I found some videos of the Bundesliga;
http://int.tennislive.tv/tennis-bundesliga/1-day-resume-etuf-essen-vs-rochusclub

SirBlend12
02-20-2009, 08:40 AM
This thread just made being a member of this board all the more worthwhile.

Good luck with everything Clint. I'm going to study your backhand video like no other. I think it just helped me to find EXACTLY what hitch I have in mine so that I can fix it. Nonetheless, I don't think I'll be hitting backhands like yours.:)

Glad to have you on board, good sir.

DennisK
02-20-2009, 03:25 PM

Amazing backhand and such a cool style of follow through. I'd love to see it from the other side of the court head-on.

I'd like to think that my one handed flat and topspin shots look nice, but nowhere near as good as yours.

Thankyou for sharing your insight and experience to the rest of us club hackers. I find it genuinely interesting. :D

Cl1ntrock
02-20-2009, 03:37 PM
Thanks For The Advice Of Ignoring ..
But There Shouldnt Be Anyone To Have Beef With..i Like To Help...and Love Seeing People Develope..
I Would Hit With All Of U Guys ..never Put Myself Above Someone..
Try Ur Best And See What Happens..if U Get Ur *** Kicked..aall Good..just Not Good Enough..
I Have Beaten Players In Top 200 And Cannot Keep Count..but All That Matters Is The Rank That Comes Out Every Monday...that Where U At...doesnt Help Talking Urself Better...
Beating Top 100s Is Great Feeling..but If U Look Up Their Bank Account And Then I Look Up Mine..he Is Still The One Smiling And Playing French Open Following Week...its Hard Work...

All Posts Please In The Other Thread...i Will Answer There

nickynu
02-20-2009, 03:47 PM
beautiful back hand- makes me want to bin my 2hander- maybe I should bin the lazy footwork too after being inspired by that vid.

Thanks for sharing the vids and info.

If you dont mind me asking,What kind of drills would you do in a typical training session, and how do you keep the intensity up when training.

zacinnc78
02-20-2009, 04:18 PM
thanks clint....smoking backhand btw !!

skraggle
02-23-2009, 01:37 PM
Yeah, that's one of the nicest 1HBHs I've ever seen as well. Thank for sharing and good luck in all of your tournaments this year.

pmerk34
02-23-2009, 02:31 PM

Ok, I am jealous. Beautiful backhand "mate" as you like say. :)

Cl1ntrock
02-23-2009, 02:45 PM
Thanks "man,bro,dude" as u might say ;-)

Bhagi Katbamna
02-23-2009, 06:28 PM
Great backhand. Thanks for posting it. I really enjoyed it.

VillaVilla
02-23-2009, 06:57 PM
Hey Clint, whereabouts in Aus you from?
I like your backhand video btw. Every hit is clean as!

Good luck in your endevours mate, can't wait to see Aus players back kicking it in the top 10. =)

lilxjohnyy
02-23-2009, 07:05 PM
Hey Clint! i see that you use the MG prestige mid. I personally use it as well and think its my holy grail. Although i am NOWHERE near your level, i still think its the best racket for me. Just wondering what strigns set up u use and if u had any customization to your rackets. Any other info would be appreciated. Thanks!!
BTW Beautiful backhands(i hit a onehander myself!!! Prestiges are great for 1 hander with its short grips) and volleys!!!

lilxjohnyy
02-23-2009, 07:16 PM
whoops didnt read that there is another thread!! sry

mengpower
02-23-2009, 09:19 PM
Clint, many people here and in another forum have said that Davydenko is a boring player with no talent and does not deserve to be in the top 10 etc etc.
And many of us have tried to defend him here and these days, it seems we are having some success :)
What do you think? You being a professional player would be able to tell us if he is a fluke or not.
1) Does he deserve his no 5 ranking?
2) Is he a boring one dimensional player as accused by armchair tennis players?
3) Does he have any tennis talent at all or is he just a fluke ? ( as accused who gets ranking points by playing all the tournaments)

So help us all and put these tired arguments to rest once and for all.

cheers

Sentinel
02-23-2009, 09:38 PM
Your backhand rocks, Clint.

Have a great season!

Pantaloukas
02-23-2009, 10:05 PM
That backhand is truly orgasmic.

Best of luck to you, Clint.

saram
02-23-2009, 10:39 PM
Clint, many people here and in another forum have said that Davydenko is a boring player with no talent and does not deserve to be in the top 10 etc etc.
And many of us have tried to defend him here and these days, it seems we are having some success :)
What do you think? You being a professional player would be able to tell us if he is a fluke or not.
1) Does he deserve his no 5 ranking?
2) Is he a boring one dimensional player as accused by armchair tennis players?
3) Does he have any tennis talent at all or is he just a fluke ? ( as accused who gets ranking points by playing all the tournaments)

So help us all and put these tired arguments to rest once and for all.

cheers
If you have to ask that--you don't understand tennis!

Cl1ntrock
02-24-2009, 01:43 AM
The guy is great - i was so impressed the way he moves ..the way he recovers..how he can put u on a string and never let go in a rally..such a hard worker u got no idea..he lives the sport ..thats why people think he is so boring..but i think he is interesting..u can see in his eyes that he is ONLY playing the game..and SO strict..even in training..since he is up there a few years hes kicked back a little bit become more relaxed..if he wants to play soooo many tourneys let him..he loves the sport..doesnt wanna go home..home is the tour..y not play tourneys..Kafelnikov did it..its russian mentality maybe..

mawashi
02-24-2009, 03:19 AM
The guy is great - i was so impressed the way he moves ..the way he recovers..how he can put u on a string and never let go in a rally..such a hard worker u got no idea..he lives the sport ..thats why people think he is so boring..but i think he is interesting..u can see in his eyes that he is ONLY playing the game..and SO strict..even in training..since he is up there a few years hes kicked back a little bit become more relaxed..if he wants to play soooo many tourneys let him..he loves the sport..doesnt wanna go home..home is the tour..y not play tourneys..Kafelnikov did it..its russian mentality maybe..

I have always been impressed bout Davydenko. Being a small guy yet he can take the ball so early that he has taken down top players like Fed, Murry n even Nadal.

How he plays 80 tournies a year is beyond me!

Being of a similar built to Simon, I'm really impressed by guys like him and Davydenko with how well they play given their physic.

mawashi

Ronny
02-24-2009, 03:26 AM
ok i believe you 89.63 percent.

no one cares what you think...hes jsut putting his opinion and experiences out there...if u dont believe him then great don't

federerdomination
02-24-2009, 03:28 AM
I have always been impressed bout Davydenko. Being a small guy yet he can take the ball so early that he has taken down top players like Fed, Murry n even Nadal.

How he plays 80 tournies a year is beyond me!

Being of a similar built to Simon, I'm really impressed by guys like him and Davydenko with how well they play given their physic.

mawashi

He doesnt even play close to that amount. I should remind u that a year contains 52 weeks. So even if he were to play a tournament every week, he still would not be close (this is not even taking into account the off season, GS are two weeks long, etc)

lawrence
02-24-2009, 03:44 AM
mate, your backhand is crazyyy
so fast ><

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIJcdMC16rk&feature=related

Puma
02-24-2009, 06:28 AM
Great post....Awsome backhand too!!!

Good luck to you. I hope all your hard work pays dividends in the end.

Hope to see you on TV

Bjorn99
02-24-2009, 07:13 AM
I really resent how people ASSUME right off the bat, that someone like this fellow is bs-ing. Let someone go on, I believe him. I have to run off and play hockey, but I have MANY questions for this delightful newcomer. Goodonya mate.

Cup8489
02-24-2009, 08:42 AM

HA! you're acting like you can hit with half Nadal's spin. federer handles spins better against just about everyone. only nadal can break down his backhand with consistent grinding over a match.

you aren't a tenth the player nadal is. stop wishing.

Cl1ntrock
02-24-2009, 11:59 AM
Hey guys..got another thread in general pro player ...ckeckit out and drop ur Qs in there..so we can stop jumping from this to the other..

VORHAND VID

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZhlwcdUxOE&feature=channel_page

kimbahpnam
02-24-2009, 12:16 PM
looks like you switched racquets between the two videos

Cl1ntrock
02-24-2009, 12:34 PM
hahahaha..i knew that would come up..was just a demo

maximo
02-24-2009, 12:38 PM
hahahaha..i knew that would come up..was just a demo

That forehand of yours is some vicious weapon.:shock:

batz
02-24-2009, 12:49 PM
How cool is this thread?

Clint, never heard of you before tonight mate but you've now got at least one person in Scotland rooting for you!

Nice one mate.

Cl1ntrock
02-24-2009, 01:04 PM
thats awesome..WELL..if we are all so spred out in this communityworld i will announce every tourney in this thread and see if i can sneak through some housing with u guys..:)

saram
02-24-2009, 01:09 PM
thats awesome..WELL..if we are all so spred out in this communityworld i will announce every tourney in this thread and see if i can sneak through some housing with u guys..:)

If you come to the states and play anywhere around Nashville--consider yourself a guest for as long as needed, mate.

batz
02-24-2009, 01:16 PM
If you come to the states and play anywhere around Nashville--consider yourself a guest for as long as needed, mate.

Same for Central Scotland.

nousername
02-24-2009, 02:38 PM
since you said this, hopefully you can satisfy some of my long standing curiosity ... it really seems that top level players have a very different definition of "smoking" other players. it seems that regardless of the score line, a match is dubbed "not close" if there were:
1) no tie breakers, and
2) straight sets

you statement is consistent with my observation: i looked it up and you took him down 4 and 5. in my world that's a close match, minimum separation: 1 break per set. you can actually win a set 64 and score fewer points.

so why is 64 75 "smoking" another player? do you truly feel that on the court you owned the match??

as far as we know every game could have been multiple deuces with vicious battles, and many trades of breaks. to me, there's a lot more to a match than the score line. i personally consider most 64 75 matches as close.

anyway, just curious, and no need to answer this foolishness if you don't have the time. =)

thanks and take care ... it's very fun to hear your experiences!

PS - what did you mean by your comment "he is USA boy"? sounds slightly disparaging ... angst against USA tennis? or simply against the USA? or neither? .. i won't jump to judgments until you explain ...

ESP#1
02-24-2009, 09:39 PM
I found some videos of the Bundesliga;
http://int.tennislive.tv/tennis-bundesliga/1-day-resume-etuf-essen-vs-rochusclub

thanks this sight is actually pretty good, too bad its in german and i dont understand a lick, bundesliga seems pretty cool from what i see on these vids, wouldnt mind checking it out one day, if anyone has any info on this place in english please share,

thanks

jamauss
02-24-2009, 09:53 PM
hey Clint - what's your setup? Racquet/String - and are you sponsored?

zidane339
02-24-2009, 10:07 PM
Wow awesome one hander! Great to have you on the boards and best of luck for this year. You have experience 99% of people on this board will never have, so do share all that you can!

Cl1ntrock
02-25-2009, 10:06 AM
1.Yea u right..I shouldnt say smoked..but he was favorite in Qs and especially on hardcourt..but i was comfortable the intire time..the match ended 4 and 5 but i had controll the entire time..i even think i was up in one set and let him come back again..not 2 sure..but i felt good out there i wouldntve lost on that day..the hardcourt was real slow and griddy..him as a one hander i was playin a bit to heavy on the day ..balls bouncin of like on clay..

2.NOT sponsored mate...and looking for some help somewhere so i can choose tourneys more freely and go where i need to go sometimes(main in challenger or weaker tourney) without thinkin about an expensive flight and hangin in strong competetive europe..if anybody wants to support an honest familiar kinda family tennis pro..or wants to be appart of a journey in pro sport..I would be greatfull for any support..but at todays situation not that easy 2 find sponsors..

headinator
02-25-2009, 11:14 AM
jap i was top 500..current top 800 due 2 injury.. last year i played
1.Bundesliga in germany and beat melzer and m.gonzales ..

in which Team you played Bundesliga in Germany?

Cl1ntrock
02-25-2009, 11:32 AM
HEADINATOR...

I have read ur posts...who are you..???u are informed about Tennis raquets especially HEAD and talk alot about germany...u seem 2 be some guy working for the buisiness beeing so aggressive on 1 of my posts about the speed pro..
what i have seen about ur posts u do nothing else then throwin raquets specs around..s i am realy curious about who u are..we should meet???have a hit???:)