PDA

View Full Version : Clint Thomson Backhand drill

Cl1ntrock
02-19-2009, 05:31 PM
for those who were interested...i got out a backhand session of mine..
concentrating on staying at the baseline or inside...CHECK IT OUT

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIJcdMC16rk&feature=channel_page

Cl1nt

saram
02-19-2009, 05:32 PM
Commented in the other thread. Sweet smooth stroke you have there. Thanks for sharing it and coming here to TW. Been a pleasure already!

Cl1ntrock
02-19-2009, 05:43 PM
no worries..i will be around...posting some stuff and info...

TennisNinja
02-19-2009, 05:44 PM
Great BH! Certainly better than mine haha.

aimr75
02-19-2009, 06:35 PM
^^ well it is a pro level backhand.. :)

very impressive

Tennis_Monk
02-19-2009, 06:37 PM
3.0 at the best!!!

================================
You make it look so easy. Backhand has been one of my achiles heel. Thanks for sharing.

Gugafan
02-19-2009, 06:41 PM
What fxp prestige are you using??

saram
02-19-2009, 06:59 PM
What fxp prestige are you using??

He replied to my exact same question in his other thread. Said it was the FXP MP and not a PJ and it was strung with SPPP. Now, he's using a PJ. He gave the model of his PJ in the other thread--look for the thread about hitting with Davydenko and go to about page three or four.

Hope this helps.

J-man
02-19-2009, 07:16 PM

Cl1ntGreat bh there Clint. Shoulders, racket head speed everything. Very nice8)

drake
02-19-2009, 07:17 PM

Cl1nt

Clint,

Do you normally hit on the rise with that sweet backhand or were you drilling? During a match, especially against a heavy spin opponent, that is the most difficult shot in tennis.

breadstick
02-19-2009, 07:41 PM
Nice legwork. Getting down really low.

Nice everything.

Cl1ntrock
02-20-2009, 02:17 AM
yea mate thats right..try 2 hit as early as possible..especiall as a lefty who needs a solid backhand down the line 2 keep the right hander in his backhand side..but i love 2 crack it cross court into the apponents strengh ..especially against clay court style players..who love 2 run around their backhand and sit in their backhand corner..pull em over in their vorhand and rip it down the line takin it early..been practicing that alot..

yea Flex 630 - Signum 1,28 strung at 22,kg on clay 21,0 ( puls up tighter than its tension ) - grip 4 1/2 overgrips yonex and at the moment prestige pro- at the moment i am playing tkg237.1 prestige mid..waiting for the Speed Pro in a few weeks..thats the info

ClubHoUno
02-20-2009, 03:09 AM
yea mate thats right..try 2 hit as early as possible..especiall as a lefty who needs a solid backhand down the line 2 keep the right hander in his backhand side..but i love 2 crack it cross court into the apponents strengh ..especially against clay court style players..who love 2 run around their backhand and sit in their backhand corner..pull em over in their vorhand and rip it down the line takin it early..been practicing that alot..

yea Flex 630 - Signum 1,28 strung at 22,kg on clay 21,0 ( puls up tighter than its tension ) - grip 4 1/2 overgrips yonex and at the moment prestige pro- at the moment i am playing tkg237.1 prestige mid..waiting for the Speed Pro in a few weeks..thats the info

Thanks for sharing, Clint :D

WoW - I also saw your video with volleys - you've got some game. It's a real pleasure to see you pick the volleys with that much ease....

Hope you get the time to post a video on you tube of your forehand and maybe later your serve and service return.

Thanks once again for sharing your video with us in here - you really got some serious game!!

Steve F.
02-20-2009, 04:28 AM
Clint - Thanks for posting this vid. Just awesome footwork and quiet upper body.

Anything in particular you were working on in the session in the post? Looks like your coach was feeding you from the net and you were going up the line, trying to take it early... Great stuff.

Thanks for posting about your equipment as well -- so many folks here tweak their frames with lead, just wondering what alterations you're making, and if you balance out whatever frame to the same swingweight at least (looks like you've played Head Prestige MP, Pro, mid, and soon the Speed Pro - they're all different in stock...)

Finally, how long does the ProSupex BA last before you cut it out?

Thanks again, and best of luck! Melzer looked pretty ticked in that pic you linked to...