PDA

View Full Version : Yonex 2700 Couguss

SFrazeur
02-19-2009, 04:49 PM
I've recently acquired a Yonex 7200 Couguss, 4-1/4, "light." Does anyone know the specs, such as weight?

I only found the weight for the medium which appears to be about 12.5-ish for it. I got it for play after I got the bug from hitting with a Spalding Davis Cup.

Any and all comments regarding Yonex woods racquets are welcome.

-SF

adidasman
02-20-2009, 10:44 AM
I used a Couguss briefly in high school - I remember it being very nice, very flexible, great feel. I would imagine the light weighs around 12 ounces, but don't know for sure.

Kirko
02-20-2009, 02:16 PM
I've recently acquired a Yonex 7200 Couguss, 4-1/4, "light." Does anyone know the specs, such as weight?

I only found the weight for the medium which appears to be about 12.5-ish for it. I got it for play after I got the bug from hitting with a Spalding Davis Cup.

Any and all comments regarding Yonex woods racquets are welcome.

-SF

Peter Fleming used the Couguss I remember that.

SFrazeur
02-20-2009, 06:14 PM
I hit a bit with it today. Good maneuverability. It gets pushed around a little easily with its low weight, but it had nice power for the weight. It felt a bit stiffer than expected. Nice spin potential. It is strung with some old synthgut, similar in appearance to PSGD in a blue color. (I currently use the RQiS 1 TOUR w/ CyberFlash 17 @ 58.)

I thought I would lead up the Couguss for a fun experiment. Any suggestions?

As well, does anyone know the origin of the name "Couguss?"

-SF

Kirko
02-20-2009, 06:50 PM
I hit a bit with it today. Good maneuverability. It gets pushed around a little easily with its low weight, but it had nice power for the weight. It felt a bit stiffer than expected. Nice spin potential. It is strung with some old synthgut, similar in appearance to PSGD in a blue color. (I currently use the RQiS 1 TOUR w/ CyberFlash 17 @ 58.)

I thought I would lead up the Couguss for a fun experiment. Any suggestions?

As well, does anyone know the origin of the name "Couguss?"

-SF

I had one and always used my go to string prince syn. gut 17 GA. strung at 55 lbs. too bad this frame came around at the end of an era.

SFrazeur
02-20-2009, 07:16 PM
I had one and always used my go to string prince syn. gut 17 GA. strung at 55 lbs. too bad this frame came around at the end of an era.

Yeah, I was surprised with how modern it played.

This Couguss "light" does have a quality similar to the modern Yonex racquets I have played with. . .dead upper hoop.

-SF

plasma
02-20-2009, 09:43 PM
the r 22 has about as much dead upper hoop as the ps 85 I play... wasn't there also a Cougess???

SFrazeur
02-20-2009, 09:47 PM
You mean Cougess instead of Couguss?

-SF

plasma
02-20-2009, 11:15 PM
yes, a female version...