PDA

View Full Version : Prince O3 Silver stringing

shogun
02-19-2009, 08:47 PM
I have to string a Prince O3 Silver racquet. I plan to do a 2 piece job. Does anyone know if a package of 40' long string will fit and can anyone suggest how much I should allow for the mains and how much for the crosses?

nadalfan!
02-19-2009, 08:53 PM
I have to string a Prince O3 Silver racquet. I plan to do a 2 piece job. Does anyone know if a package of 40' long string will fit and can anyone suggest how much I should allow for the mains and how much for the crosses?

Not sure on exact measurements but I did 20ft-20ft and it worked out fine. These racquets are a pain in the butt to string though...:?

dancraig
02-19-2009, 10:22 PM
http://www.klipperusa.com/stringing/viewpattern.php?mfg=TPRI

Looks like 22' for the mains and 19' for the crosses.

shogun
02-19-2009, 10:33 PM
Thanks for the replies.
The Prince web site says to use 19' for the mains and crosses while the Klipper USA web site says to use 22' for the mains and 19' for the crosses. So according to Prince, a 40' package of string should be adequate but according to Klipper, I would need 41'. That's why I'm a little confused.

Irvin
02-20-2009, 03:08 AM

It all depends on the method you use to string your racket. I use a 2 piece 50/50 method for stringing the O3 rackets. I do this because working from the center of the racket to the top and bottom for the crosses means there is no need to hold the racket in one position with your hip, a helper, or a brake and you don't need a boomerang either.

I do like to have as much slack as possible for the crosses especially when you get to the end so I start stringing the racket as thought it were a one piece job and tie off both sides of the mains. Then cut off the long side and you have as much as possible for the crosses.

BTW I used to thinking stringing the O3 rackets was a pain too until I started using the 2 piece 50/50 method.

Irvin

iplaybetter
02-20-2009, 05:21 AM
ive done it two piece from a pack of string, but to be honest i would do it one-piece

shogun
02-20-2009, 08:35 AM
Irvin, if I use the 2 piece 50/50 method for the crosses, at what holes would you start the crosses? There are 19 crosses so it looks like there'll be one extra cross at either the top or the bottom depending on whether you start at 10 & 11 or at 9 & 10.

Irvin
02-20-2009, 09:50 AM
Irvin, if I use the 2 piece 50/50 method for the crosses, at what holes would you start the crosses? There are 19 crosses so it looks like there'll be one extra cross at either the top or the bottom depending on whether you start at 10 & 11 or at 9 & 10.

That is correct and it does not really matter for the most part. I usually look for the closest to the center and start from there. When you start the string must go through two O3 holes on one side and into the same O3 hole on the other. I try to look for the holes in the center of the racket. I would pick the point where crosses 9 and 10 are. That is the center.

Irvin